Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did they move the draft into May?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why did they move the draft into May?

    Now we need to wait even longer....

    It sucks.

    Why move the draft back a few weeks?
    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

  • #2
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Now we need to wait even longer....

    It sucks.

    Why move the draft back a few weeks?
    I don't know but it pisses me off. It was a long enough wait as it was before the moved it... I don't get it
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    ________________________________________________________
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    ________________________________________________________
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

    Comment


    • #3
      Because the NFL is malicious, evil and inconsiderate.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Now we need to wait even longer....

        It sucks.

        Why move the draft back a few weeks?
        They moved it to May because of a scheduling conflict with Radio City Music Hall hosting the Easter Show in April. I agree that having to wait until May sucks.
        One of these teams is not like the others

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          They moved it right to when to when my inlaws visit every year. Its like they knew...
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            They need to move if back to all day Saturday and Sunday. Thursday and Friday blows.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
              They need to move if back to all day Saturday and Sunday. Thursday and Friday blows.
              Thats another thing that grnds my gears. 5 years from now it will be a round a night, Monday-Sunday. Greedy NFL.
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

              Comment


              • #8
                They wanted to lessen that vast expanse of dead air that existed between the draft and the start of OTAs. It makes it easier for the league to remain visible during the offseason.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  They wanted to lessen that vast expanse of dead air that existed between the draft and the start of OTAs. It makes it easier for the league to remain visible during the offseason.
                  That's certainly part of it. I think the changes made to rookie pay had something to do with it too. Now Rookie contract negotiations have a lot less to debate and players are getting signed a lot faster. In the past, those months were needed to negotiate.

                  There were other issues too.

                  In effect, all they did was move the "dead period" in the offseason to after the combine and before the draft rather than after the draft and before OTAs.

                  A lot of times prospects found themselves getting into off the field issues during their 1st offseason in the real world. This way, if they do so in the dead period it only hurts them as their draft status falls but the NFL doesn't have to penalize them since they weren't part of the league at that time. Previously, teams had to baby sit prospects a lot more once they were drafted. Now, they can get to work faster once drafted.

                  Lastly, it allows teams more time to do their homework on prospects too.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Few extra weeks before everyones complains they didnt draft the player they wanted.
                    Im fine with that

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      They moved it right to when to when my inlaws visit every year. Its like they knew...
                      LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!! funny...at least for me it is......
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                      Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                        In effect, all they did was move the "dead period" in the offseason to after the combine and before the draft rather than after the draft and before OTAs.
                        Well, the lengthy run up to the draft helps with fan, and more importantly, media engagement. It gives people more time to talk about team formation and less time to talk about which player got arrested that week.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i wish they would have moved the draft to APRIL 8th

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I didn't even know it was moved. The entire time i'm thinking end of april.lol This blows. But like Xmas and things ur excited for, eventually it'll be here and we'll all be happy to have less time in between the draft and the season, and we'll be watching the draft thinking, welp, this would be long over if they didn't have to move it back this yr. So, even though the wait is gonna suck, in the end, it'll be worth it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              I didn't even know it was moved. The entire time i'm thinking end of april.lol This blows. But like Xmas and things ur excited for, eventually it'll be here and we'll all be happy to have less time in between the draft and the season, and we'll be watching the draft thinking, welp, this would be long over if they didn't have to move it back this yr. So, even though the wait is gonna suck, in the end, it'll be worth it.
                              Didn't feel like X-mas to me last year at all. I was friggin pissed. I've come around on some of those players but here's to hoping for better presents this year.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X