Out of 10 Mocks I looked at 70% has taking Taylor Lewan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of 10 Mocks I looked at 70% has taking Taylor Lewan

I am not sure that's the BPA at number 12. Of course of we fill our OLine needs in FA this could change. A few had us taking Dennard.. And in almost EVERY Mock I saw Mike Evans being taking directly after us by the Rams. I can see home going on to team up with that speedy WR they drafted last season and creating the greatest show on Turf again...

So would most of you be okay with this pick? I don't think I would.. But all the experts seem to think we will take Taylor
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I'll be pissed if Lewan becomes a NY Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
      I'll be pissed if Lewan becomes a NY Giant.
      That's what I'm saying. I hope we address the OLine in FA.. I saw only one in 15 Mocks that had us taking Evans or Ebron. And in most of them they both go after we pick...I'd be pissed if they were both there at 12 and we passed
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Let's face it Nicks is gone. We don't know what we have for sure in either JJ or RR or even at TE which is a Hugh question mark. We need to bring in a big gun. We can fix one of those positions at 12

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

I want nothing to do with this guy

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
            I want nothing to do with this guy
            We all agree. I've seen a thread in Taylor awhile back..

However as far as WR needs I know all the big names like Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Beckham & Landry might be gone to early for the giants to pick them. But this is a very deep WR draft and we can get a guy like Moncrief of Mississippi in middle rounds that could step in and make us forget Nicks

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

I've noticed this as well. Their mentality is that our o-line sucked last year so they just mock us the best tackle available. Also the people making the mock drafts never take into account that the giants don't draft players with character concerns in the first round.

Most people making mock drafts don't really have that good of a grasp of each individual teams general drafting philosophy, and often mis-evaluate some teams' needs. Their general concept of making a mock is to come up with each teams top 3 need positions, and then mock the bpa that fits one of those needs, unless there is a player of much higher talent that the mocker has falling.

I think that the best way to view mock drafts is to view as many as you can from people you know at least have some idea of what they are talking about (mostly in terms of player evaluation), and then compare where the different mocks generally slot each player. This gives you a good idea of what part of the draft players are most likely to go, especially for the first half of the draft.

All that said I think we all mostly agree there is no way the giants draft Lewan. These are the players I see us most likely landing (in no particular order):

Mike Evans
              Eric Ebron
              Aaron Donald
              Justin Gilbert
              Jake Matthews
              Anthony Barr (despite many mocks having him drop a few spots lately, I highly doubt he'll be there)

I'd be happy with any of those except for Matthews, because I don't really want a tackle.

Comment

According to mock drafts.. Coby Fleener and Alec Olgetree are on the roster right now

Comment

I've noticed this myself... Not a fan of it

Comment

Mock drafts are stupid. No one ever gets them right.

Comment

gross....
                      sigpic
                      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

I am leaning HEAVILY Ebron or Gilbert right now depending on what we do in FA. I think we will shore up our OL in FA

Comment

If we sign a center and guard in FA, we are not picking Lewan or any other OT in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by ObsessedNYGFan View Post

Most people making mock drafts don't really have that good of a grasp of each individual teams general drafting philosophy, and often mis-evaluate some teams' needs. Their general concept of making a mock is to come up with each teams top 3 need positions, and then mock the bpa that fits one of those needs, unless there is a player of much higher talent that the mocker has falling.
                            I agree that most mocks (including professional ones) don't think about the teams in the right fashion. For example, you have to look at who's coming off contract in the next couple of years, and THAT factors into "team needs".

I disagree with most people here about Lewan. Character concerns are important if it relates to missing games (drug use, potential for jail time). Not being a nice guy is not a character concern in my book. If he can play (and I think he can), I'd be happy with him as a Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              If we sign a center and guard in FA, we are not picking Lewan or any other OT in the first.
                              That's what I'm hoping for. Then we can take a skill player at 12

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X