So much for trying to get Shazier in the 2nd round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for trying to get Shazier in the 2nd round

Was hoping he'd fall to the mid 2nd round.. doesn't look like it after his pro day..

And yet he still covered the 120 feet in 4.36 seconds. Unofficially.

Yes, a linebacker ran the 40 in 4.37 seconds. And he weighed 237 pounds, more than the scouts expected.

I feel like I can gain 10 more pounds if I had to, Shazier said, via Cleveland.com. I feel good right now.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-osu-pro-day/

I knew he was fast but 4.37?? Officially he's probably in the low 4.4's but that's still ridiculous. I wouldn't necessarily say the Giants don't have a shot at him though. I still think he'll go somewhere early day 2.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

He reinjured his hammy with the weight he's already put on idk if his frame can handle another 10 pounds too quickly without breaking down again, and we still have a shot hopefully there will be a run on wide outs from the end of the 1st and early second and push him down

Comment

Aaron Donald ....Shazier...then Carlos Hyde was my wish list 1-3

Comment

Fastest Make-A-Wish patient yet.

Comment

Shazier is built for the 4-3.. Would love him in Big Blue

Comment

I duno, he may still make it to the 2nd. A LOT of teams subscribe to the notion that a LB has to be able to rush the passer to be a 1st rounder. I do think that line of thinking is fading in the NFL a bit, but its still there.

It is less likely now that he makes to our 2nd rounder, but its not impossible.
              sigpic

Comment

Top 20 on my board. I think he will go in the 20's

Comment

I still don't think he falls to the first round in the second. I think he'll fall from where he should go, but not by that much. Being the better prospect, I think he'll go where Ogletree went, even though the 2013 draft wasn't as heavy as this year's.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    Top 20 on my board. I think he will go in the 20's
                    How big of a reach is Shazier at #12

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      it is a big reach, imo.

if we go with shazier over ebron or gilbert, i would be really upset.

Comment

I'd rather trade up for Khalil Mack then reach for Shazier at #12

that's just me though

Comment

possible trade back option is probally the best bet to get Shazier, don't think he's there in the 2nd

Comment

possible trade back option is probally the best bet to get Shazier, don't think he's there in the 2nd
                            If we traded back to around pick 20 I would like the pick. Shazier's closing speed is insane. Especially for a LB. Him and Beason could make the LB the best the Giants have had in quite a while. Then we would pick up other picks in this deep draft
                            sigpic
                            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                            ________________________________________________________
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                            ________________________________________________________
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                              If we traded back to around pick 20 I would like the pick. Shazier's closing speed is insane. Especially for a LB. Him and Beason could make the LB the best the Giants have had in quite a while. Then we would pick up other picks in this deep draft
                              I would be happy with this move..

Comment

Working...
                              X