Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not be surprised if Bridgewater Fell to the Giants

Would you pass or steal him?

It would depend heavily on who is still remaining on the board when we pick at 12. At this point in time, I can't see a scenario where there isn't a talented skill position player outside of QB that the Giants could use. Taking Bridgewater would also tell me that Reese doesn't have Eli in his future plans past 2014 and you would see a QB duo of Bridgewater/Nassib for 2015.

Comment

I doubt Bridgewater falls to the Giants. But if even Bridgewater, Manziel or Bortles were available at No. 12 I wouldn't want the Giants drafting any of them.

If the Giants hadn't drafted Nassib last year then I wouldn't be opposed to them drafting another QB even with all of the other holes they have. But since they've got Nassib, and he's still a question mark, they can pass on drafting another QB this year. Now, if Eli doesn't bounce back in 2014 then I'm on board with drafting a QB in 2015.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Trade the pick..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          Trade the pick..
          this should be the only answer

Comment

No way do you take him. I'm all for drafting the right QB to replace Eli even if it was this year BUT none of these QB prospects are a sure thing and we need other needs to win with Eli. However, say mariota fell to us next year TAKE HIM

Comment

I still think he will be the first QB taken. He is just so far ahead of the others in his development.

Comment

Giants aren't drafting a QB @ 12.

Comment

For me it's easy....draft him.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I actually made a similar thread about this in early February.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....pothetical-(-)

Comment

titwio,

I'm inclined to wait on the phone call, I know his more of a pocket quarterback with a very nice touch.

Also I'm not an Eli supporter, but you feel that strongly about Bridgewater?

Comment

i really think it depends where they have them on their overall board. if he is a top 5 player, I think they will take him. If he is in the 8-12 range, I don't think they will find the value worth it.

I love bridgewater, and think he is the best QB in this class. Personally, as long as guys like Mack, Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Watson are gone, I would take him

Comment

Originally posted by STAR View Post
                          I'm inclined to wait on the phone call, I know his more of a pocket quarterback with a very nice touch.

Also I'm not an Eli supporter, but you feel that strongly about Bridgewater?
                          I'm an Eli supporter as well but I still think they have to take him. He's a top 3 player in draft imo and it gives the Giants a lot of options. They can trade him after or keep him then even trade Eli and relieve themselves of a huge cap hit and build towards the future. Franchise QB's don't fall into your lap often, especially top ones. Like I mentioned in the other thread, It's very much like Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            I'm an Eli supporter as well but I still think they have to take him. He's a top 3 player in draft imo and it gives the Giants a lot of options. They can trade him after or keep him then even trade Eli and relieve themselves of a huge cap hit and build towards the future. Franchise QB's don't fall into your lap often, especially top ones. Like I mentioned in the other thread, It's very much like Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers in 2005.
                            What do you think about Bortles or Manziel? Personally, I would definitely take Bridgewater (assuming clowney, robinson, watkins etc are gone). Definitely would NOT take Manziel, and would be very torn about Bortles

I agree about Teddy being an opportunity that it would be difficult to pass up. But i still doubt he falls out of the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
                              What do you think about Bortles or Manziel? Personally, I would definitely take Bridgewater (assuming clowney, robinson, watkins etc are gone). Definitely would NOT take Manziel, and would be very torn about Bortles

I agree about Teddy being an opportunity that it would be difficult to pass up. But i still doubt he falls out of the top 10
                              I don't like Bortles as much as others so I would pass. Manziel is the guy that if he was there I'd explore all the trade options I could and take the best one. Bridgewater is the type of guy they can listen for trade offers and draft him anyway and get more after the fact. I just feel Teddy is a win/win if he's there.

Comment

Working...
                              X