How do you see the top 11 going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0 Blue Meanie 0 View Post

I know I'm going to get bashed but if somehow Khalil Mack is still on the board at #8 I move up and grab him and don't even think twice. The guy is going to be a perennial all pro for over a decade... Could be the next Ray Lewis minus the criminal mess hopefully.
    The Giants haven't taken a LB in the 1st Round in 30 years. After resigning Beason and bringing in McClain, they're not going to break the streak, let alone trade up to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      I'll go uncommonly ballsy here...

1. CLE (Packages their double 1st rounders to HOU for the #1 overall): Jadaveon Clowney DE
      2. STL: Greg Robinson OT
      3: JAX: Sammy Watkins WR
      4: HOU (trade with CLE): Blake Bortles QB
      5. OAK: Johnny Manziel QB
      6. ATL: Jake Matthews OT
      7: TB: Taylor Lewan OT
      8: MIN: Teddy Bridgewater QB
      9: BUF: Eric Ebron TE
      10: DET: Justin Gilbert CB
      11: TEN: Khalil Mack OLB

12: NYJ makes a trade, offering NYG their 2nd round pick, as well as their 2nd in 2015, to move up from 18 and select Mike Evans WR.

13: STL: Ha Ha Clinton Dix FS
      14: CHI: Timmy Jernigan DT
      15: PIT: Darqueze Dennard CB
      16: DAL: Aaron Donald DT
      17: BAL: Calvin Pryor FS
      18: NYG: Kony Ealy DE
      If Evans is there.. I hope we don't trade the pick.. Gonna be a stud

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
        The Giants haven't taken a LB in the 1st Round in 30 years. After resigning Beason and bringing in McClain, they're not going to break the streak, let alone trade up to do so.
        And how's that been working out for our LBer crew? Hes a great player and pick-up, but dont forget Beason turns 30 this year. I def know we wont trade up for a LB. We've been soft at the position since the LT years tho. Granted we won 2 SBs without a solid group of guys there, but I think we are overdue for some improvement there. JR has picked about a 1/2 dozen different positions in the 1st round. This could possibly be a year we do go LBer, based on BPA. I've been mulling over the possibilities of what players might fall if its a heavy top 10 QB selected draft . I think one of those guys could be Mack if no one wants a LB. If he goes, you still have Barr there. If either one are still around at 12, they could be our guy. Not saying this is what happens, just that its not that far fetched at all, especially if we see 3-4 QBs go before our pick.
        Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 03-29-2014, 11:10 AM.
        2017 Draft Wishlist:
        1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
        2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
        3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
        4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
        5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
        6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
        7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
        "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
        - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
          And how's that been working out for our LBer crew? Hes a great player and pick-up, but dont forget Beason turns 30 this year. I def know we wont trade up for a LB. We've been soft at the position since the LT years tho. Granted we won 2 SBs without a solid group of guys there, but I think we are overdue for some improvement there. JR has picked about a 1/2 dozen different positions in the 1st round. This could possibly be a year we do go LBer, based on BPA. I've been mulling over the possibilities of what players might fall if its a heavy top 10 QB selected draft . I think one of those guys could be Mack if no one wants a LB. If he goes, you still have Barr there. If either one are still around at 12, they could be our guy. Not saying this is what happens, just that its not that far fetched at all, especially if we see 3-4 QBs go before our pick.
          Yeah but I just don't see how Mack would even get past #8 so I don't think there's any chance he could be sitting there at #12... I've read that some teams are grading him out better than Clowney. That why, despite how out of character it is, I wouldn't be mad if we lost a pick to move up and grab him. This guy could change the make up of our team and we won't have to constantly complain about the weak linebacker crew for about the next 12 years.

and as for Barr, while I think he is good, Mack is on a whole other level from what I see. Plus with Barr you have to wonder about system fit and is he a DE or is he a LB and all that.
          Last edited by 0 Blue Meanie 0; 03-29-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0 Blue Meanie 0 View Post
            Yeah but I just don't see how Mack would even get past #8 so I don't think there's any chance he could be sitting there at #12... I've read that some teams are grading him out better than Clowney. That why, despite how out of character it is, I wouldn't be mad if we lost a pick to move up and grab him. This guy could change the make up of our team and we won't have to constantly complain about the weak linebacker crew for about the next 12 years.

and as for Barr, while I think he is good, Mack is on a whole other level from what I see. Plus with Barr you have to wonder about system fit and is he a DE or is he a LB and all that.
            Why would u have to wonder about Barr playing DE or LB? He's quick as lightening and will be fine in pass protection and is a beast at pass rushing, put him on strong side. I'd actually take him over Mack based on size, speed, and the fact he played in a much tougher conference in pac12
            2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              I'll go uncommonly ballsy here...

1. CLE (Packages their double 1st rounders to HOU for the #1 overall): Jadaveon Clowney DE
              2. STL: Greg Robinson OT
              3: JAX: Sammy Watkins WR
              4: HOU (trade with CLE): Blake Bortles QB
              5. OAK: Johnny Manziel QB
              6. ATL: Jake Matthews OT
              7: TB: Taylor Lewan OT
              8: MIN: Teddy Bridgewater QB
              9: BUF: Eric Ebron TE
              10: DET: Justin Gilbert CB
              11: TEN: Khalil Mack OLB

12: NYJ makes a trade, offering NYG their 2nd round pick, as well as their 2nd in 2015, to move up from 18 and select Mike Evans WR.

13: STL: Ha Ha Clinton Dix FS
              14: CHI: Timmy Jernigan DT
              15: PIT: Darqueze Dennard CB
              16: DAL: Aaron Donald DT
              17: BAL: Calvin Pryor FS
              18: NYG: Kony Ealy DE
              So in your trade scenario the Giants would get the Jets 1st round pick, #18, plus the Jets 2nd round pick this year and next year's 2nd round pick?
              Is that the equivalent or close to point value for this trade? If so, it can be very good for us.

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                So in your trade scenario the Giants would get the Jets 1st round pick, #18, plus the Jets 2nd round pick this year and next year's 2nd round pick?
                Is that the equivalent or close to point value for this trade? If so, it can be very good for us.
                Its not, but it is a possibility especially with the jets. I had them moving up to our spot for a CB. Since Dennard and Gilbert will be there if Evans is there then its 50/50 WR/CB cause they're both positions of need.

In my scenario we pick Benjamin at 18. Ealy would be a good pick as well.

Its documented that the Jets needs CB since they couldn't lock any in FA or retain their own cromartie. Since they are desperate their 1st and 2nd plus next years 2nd is reasonable and viable

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                  Dave Brown is not amused..
                  lmfao

Comment

What about this, no quarterbacks taken in the top 10. Why reach for one here? Are these guys locks to turn your franchise around?
                    I love Manziel and wish him the best no matter what team grabs him, he'll be fun to watch (not against the Giants) to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                      I don't agree with this - Mack is the cleanest defensive player in this draft --- I'm a bit wary of saying this but I see a little LT in the kid.

If Mack slided to #8 he is one of the few guys I'd be ok with the Giants moving up for. Mack has the ability to make us a dominating defense. I think he has scheme versatility and is a player you can move all over the field and allow him to create havoc. For the Giants I think he's the most impactful player in the draft.
                      Last edited by BleedingBlue123; 03-29-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        If Evans is there.. I hope we don't trade the pick.. Gonna be a stud
                        I would be excited by that trade down scenario with the Jets - not sure how realistic getting 2 #2 picks is but I would do that.

Also like Ealy as a replacement for Tuck. In second I get our TE (S-Jenkins/Niklas) and maybe a DT (Hageman/Easley) or OL (Martin/USC or Su-A-Filo - UCLA)

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                          Why would u have to wonder about Barr playing DE or LB? He's quick as lightening and will be fine in pass protection and is a beast at pass rushing, put him on strong side. I'd actually take him over Mack based on size, speed, and the fact he played in a much tougher conference in pac12
                          I've heard numerous (scouts/experts) question Barr's scheme fit --- most think he's a stand up 3/4 OLB.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                            Mack is the cleanest defensive player in this draft ---
                            As in he uses a lot of purell sanitizer? I guess so. Clowney has more potential than any DE coming out of college in the last 10 years. Mack's a beast, but if anything I'd compare LT's athleticism and expectations to Clowney.
                            2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                              I've heard numerous (scouts/experts) question Barr's scheme fit --- most think he's a stand up 3/4 OLB.
                              Barr's quick and smart enough to play all over. Analysts always gotta find something to talk about. Barr can cover and rush no problem.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
                                Could be, possibly even the 1st in 2015 instead as well.

I wasn't considering what the trade value would actually be, I'm just saying that having someone like Evans fall to us could get us some nice draft beef.

What would be even better is if Carolina tried to trade up all the way from #28. They'd have to give us essentially an RG3-type of deal to do that... but they'd only do it if we were on the clock at 12 and someone like Evans fell to us.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X