If Evans and Ebron are gone by pick 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Evans and Ebron are gone by pick 12

Which is a very real possibility considering their talent, who do you guys see the Giants taking with their #1 pick? Would we go defense and take maybe Dee Ford or Aaron Donald? OL ? Or just go with the next best talent at either WR or TE?

I think we are straight with defense... if this is the case I would say next best talent in WR/TE I'm kind of nervous with our WR core now
    Last edited by nyelitegiant; 03-31-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nyelitegiant View Post
      I think we are straight with defense... if this is the case I would say next best talent in WR/TE I'm kind of nervous with out WR core now
      I've heard the draft is pretty deep this year for WR's so we could maybe still get a quality receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think we do need some more help on the defensive line though. Moore and Kiwi have me kind of nervous, if they cant stop the run on that end of the line teams will exploit that every chance they get.

Comment

I hope we don't panic and go with need, take the BPA.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          I hope we don't panic and go with need, take the BPA.
          I agree. Our work in the offseason allows us some flexibility in the draft. We can do our usual modified BPA except that this year we need to actually figure out who the BPA is.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

We definitely need to trade back if they're both gone. I'd rather move back to mid-20's, take Timmy Jernigan DT FSU + pick up a 2 & 3 than reach for the players you have listed.

Comment

True but... beason is there to stop the run and he does a damn good job doing it

Comment

If Donald is there and we dont go after him I would be PISSED!!!!

Hes probably the best DT coming out of college since Suh and he could step in and most likely put up some numbers. I just LOVE watching this dude play, endless motor
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by DISRUPTER View Post
                  We definitely need to trade back if they're both gone. I'd rather move back to mid-20's, take Timmy Jernigan DT FSU + pick up a 2 & 3 than reach for the players you have listed.
                  Sounds great in theory for us at least, but as always there has to be a team willing to trade up to 12 and a player valuable enough for them to do so. The positions I think that would warrant such would be probably only be OT and QB. Even the WR desperate teams probably wouldn't trade a 2nd and 3rd for one given how deep the class is.

Comment

Originally posted by DISRUPTER View Post
                    Not a big fan of Jernigan or Nix, they arent the type of DTs that we need to compliment Hankins who is a big run stuffing, blocker eating, monster. What we need is a bulldog who is a beast at getting to the QB and stuffing guys behind the line and thats how you spell Aaron Donald
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                      If Donald is there and we dont go after him I would be PISSED!!!!

Hes probably the best DT coming out of college since Suh and he could step in and most likely put up some numbers. I just LOVE watching this dude play, endless motor
                      I just looked up Donald highlights guys insane I would love to have him or ebron whichever is available

Comment

This draft is so deep itís almost a can't miss scenario at 12. Take the top 15 rated athletes and subtract QB, S and CB and you get serious choices. It could be possible that the1st QB may not be taken until after our pick which would result in a thinning out the other position players. I highly doubt that will happen however.

All that said no way is Evans there at 12 and itís more likely that Donald will be gone before Ebron. So barring an unexpected drop by an elite OT I believe strongly the Giants trade out of 12.

Comment

I would like Donald or even maybe Ford. But I think we are going to take a guy that will be there for sure. Zach Martin. Depending on the health of Beatty and Snee - Martin can be plugged in at G orT. The Giants need flexibility ala Pugh.

Comment

If both of those guys are gone at 12 then there should be someone (other than Manzeil) who has some serious talent who's dropped down. I agree that this year #12 should yield a fantastic athlete, and Reese will be able to reel in a nice player regardless. Trying to guess who will drop is a crap shoot; but Reese can have his wish list of 12 players laid out, and none of them will be bad.

Comment

I think Aaron Donald at 6'0 285 pounds would no longer be effective in the NFL as a DT, these huge NFL O linemen would eat him up...

Comment

Working...
                              X