Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Ebron draft stock going down ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...te-draft-class
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

He blasts the entire TE class when I think it is the best one in a while... I can see how someone could blast Ebron for his blocking because people have done it before but I haven't seen anyone call this class bad... I don't get it
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Its only one exc. opinion but still mindboggling taking in count he took no exception about his critics aboitthe whole TE class.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

DO NOT WANT

Comment

Im not a huge fan of Ebron, especially at 12. But its only 1 "anonymous" executive.

All that matters is how other personnel/GMs rate this years TEs. My comment to this anonmous GM, its not like Eifert and Ertz lit it up last year as rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            DO NOT WANT
            You keep saying this, but I haven't actually seen why you don't want him. Any specific reason besides just being an "average" blocker?
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

He's been overrated for awhile. This TE class is not very good

Comment

If he drops to the 2nd count me in, otherwise I dont want him
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  I've looked at these guys in every way I can and couldn't agree more. No one to get excited about...

Comment

DO NOT WANT
                    I think the 2nd/3rd rounds TEs are better values.. Don't think Ebron is worth the 12th pick.. and his pro day makes it worse

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      I think this class is pretty good but am not sure if I would take Ebron in the first. If they took him I would not complain but there should be better value still on the board.

Comment

I think the 2nd/3rd rounds TEs are better values.. Don't think Ebron is worth the 12th pick.. and his pro day makes it worse
                        i agree. better value can be had in the later rounds

Comment

Don't want Ebron in the first. If we selected him with Donald, Barr, or Lewan still on the board, i'm gonna be dissapointed. This to me is probably the best FA tight end market with Owen Daniels, Jermichael Finley Dallas Clark and Dustin Keller. Keller like he was with the Jets would give Eli an excellent target or Clark. While they keep JPP of TE's in for blocking downs.

Comment

I love the "better value " stuff. Just because he is "better value" doesn't mean he will improve the team to any significant degree. When you shop at sales, you get less quality cheap, but still wish you had the real thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched too much of Ebron to agree with 90% of the folks on this thread. Ebron is a beast. He would instantly improve our offense in multiple ways.....stretching the middle of the field, taking pressure/double teams off the WR's on the outside, and in the Red Zone.

I assume people are basing their judgment mostly on Ebron's performance at his Pro Day, because I truly do not understand the lack of excitement for this kid. He's a far better blocker than the majority of the posters on here give him credit for (which seems to be the only "negative" in his game), and at his age he can only get better. He's not a head case and seems to be a good locker room presence/off-field character.

If he's there at 12 and we don't get him I'll be surprised. To me, it's either him or Donald.
                              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                              X