Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone worried about Aaron Donald's size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worried about Aaron Donald's size?

He's listed at around 285 which is way too light to be an every down DT in the NFL. He needs to add probably 15-20 lbs minimum. Anyone else concerned to playing heavier would cause him to lose a lot his quickness?

Well there are a couple DTs playing at near that size.

I'm not concerned with weight itself. More as a function of durability.

Henry Melton is an example. Was 270 coming out, though he has a bigger frame.

Justin Smith is another one. He's 285 or so.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-02-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

If he adds weight it might effect his biggest strength... his insane quickness of the football. Even though he is 285 he is extremely strong and quick. The weight doesn't worry me. If he can stay healthy he will be a stud in the league
      sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      __________________________________________________ ______
      Mock Draft
      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
      __________________________________________________ ______
      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

the arms worry me more than the weight to be honest

Comment

weight doesnt bother me when he can put up 225 33 times lol hes a 3 technique DT, not a nose tackle so hell be fine. plus like you said, he could always add a little weight. id be more concerned if he was overweight than underweight

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
            weight doesnt bother me when he can put up 225 33 times lol hes a 3 technique DT, not a nose tackle so hell be fine. plus like you said, he could always add a little weight. id be more concerned if he was overweight than underweight
            I don't understand why people think the bench indicates strength.

It indicates short arms more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
              I dont see how everyone doesnt understand that. Yet there are still people wanting a 3-4 NT like Jernigan or Nix over The Donald
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                I don't understand why people think the bench indicates strength.

It indicates short arms more than anything else.
                How does the bench indicate short arms?? In that case Pugh would have put up 50+ reps with his T-Rex arms
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                  How does the bench indicate short arms?? In that case Pugh would have put up 50+ reps with his T-Rex arms
                  because they have less distance to move the bar. just like in HS when we were tested for pull-ups the tiny kids with short arms could always do more than me with my long dangly ones

Comment

Can he be converted to DE? I would rather put him at end than DT.

Comment

his weight is what makes him so fast.. I wouldn't change a thing.. This guy is a play maker

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                        Short arms = higher reps.

Clear coorelation.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post
                          Can he be converted to DE? I would rather put him at end than DT.
                          I don't see him as an edge rusher. Not his game. He's not a guy who is going to bend around the corner

Comment

Originally posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
                            because they have less distance to move the bar. just like in HS when we were tested for pull-ups the tiny kids with short arms could always do more than me with my long dangly ones
                            But then wouldnt only short guys get alot of reps??

Thats not the case though, yes he has shorter arms than a knuckle-dragger like JPP but he's also stronger

The way slip made it seem was that any whimpy Trex armed NFLer could put up 50 reps no prob cause they have short arms

Do short armed guys always put up more reps?? NO
                            Do stronger guys put up more reps?? Yes

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              Short arms = higher reps.

Clear coorelation.
                              Strength = Higher Reps

Clear correlation

Much clearer than having short arms makes for more reps

Comment

Working...
                              X