LT/Clowney Comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
    St Louis has already expressed interest in potentially trading down - If Clowney doesn't go #1, I honestly could see the Giants trading up for him. Clearly it's not likely, but the possibility is there.
    We would have to trade at least our next two years first round picks to move up to number two. No pick is ever a guarantee, but Clowney is as close to a lock as you can get. So, why not give up two first round picks that might not be stars for 1 guy who's a once in a lifetime prospect?

Comment

Yes Yes Yes

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
      We would have to trade at least our next two years first round picks to move up to number two. No pick is ever a guarantee, but Clowney is as close to a lock as you can get. So, why not give up two first round picks that might not be stars for 1 guy who's a once in a lifetime prospect?
      I agree -- as I've been posting for weeks, if the NYG believe that Clowney is truly a game changer -- they'll trade up and give two first round picks and two other picks to St. Louis.

Can you imagine the explosion in the sports world?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        You can only compare LT to LT... anything else is a slap in the face. That's how good LT was in his prime.
        Enough said. Close this thread !
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Clowney will never come close to LT

Comment

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
            Clowney will never come close to LT
            How are you so sure?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
              Another comp to LT.........yaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnn.....ZZZzzzzzzzz

One day there will come another like LT. Who we will never know... until they compare years of tenure and can accumulate as many NFL highlights during a career as LT's.

Stats in college don't mean **** for Clowney.

We have heard this story many times. We shall see.
              Until he plays with the big boys for 10 - 15 years, to even compare him to LT is absurd and lauphable at this point. Time will tell.
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                Until he plays with the big boys for 10 - 15 years, to even compare him to LT is absurd and lauphable at this point. Time will tell.
                But should we trade up to #2 to get him? At what price?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
                  CBS NFL Pat Kirwan writes as follows:

Clowney will look like a young Lawrence Taylor to Texans defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel. It would be a good move for the Texans to trade for Ryan Mallett or take a chance on Zach Mettenberger in a later round.

Listen, if NYG believe this is the case -- I believe they will try to trade up and get him -- could change our defense for a decade.

I know it will cost a lot -- but he may be a true game changer
                  JR pulling a " Ricky Williams " on Clowney ?
                  Not a chance..
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I trust our FO, I don't think they'd ever trade up for Clowney but I'd support it if they thought it was worth it
                    2017 Draft Wishlist:
                    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by QFFL View Post
                      Agree. Clowney's performance this year showed he can be stopped. He probably played not to get hurt, but don't forget the competition was only at college level.

Clowney is great player, but not super star type of prospects. Those players just aren't available in every draft. This is not a good year to have the top 2 picks.
                      What?? Some scouts said they've never seen a player come out of the draft like Clowney in 20+ years of experience. He did things (bag jump) at his pro day that have never been done. He's a freak, but you think it's a bad year to have first pick? What college football did you watch btw?
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:
                      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        He's a freak like LT, but he doesn't have the intensity and finish like LT did.

LT played like he wanted to kill the other team. And I don't mean kill in the game. I mean end their lives
                        Lt played with an intensity that I've yet to seen matched

Comment

Winning those games at the end of the year were meaningless

Comment

Clowney is a once in a decade prospect
                            Will he be better than JJ Watt? Julius Peppers? Mario Williams?
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Will he be better than JJ Watt? Julius Peppers? Mario Williams?
                              If he tries? Yes. He has more ability than just about anyone in the league.

It's just a matter of how hard he will work to be the best.

Comment

If he tries? Yes. He has more ability than just about anyone in the league.

It's just a matter of how hard he will work to be the best.
                                So -- would you give two firsts and two other high picks for him?

Comment

Working...
                                X