Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT/Clowney Comparison

CBS NFL Pat Kirwan writes as follows:

Clowney will look like a young Lawrence Taylor to Texans defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel. It would be a good move for the Texans to trade for Ryan Mallett or take a chance on Zach Mettenberger in a later round.

Listen, if NYG believe this is the case -- I believe they will try to trade up and get him -- could change our defense for a decade.

I know it will cost a lot -- but he may be a true game changer

I'd love it but it just ain't happening
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I would love for Clowney to be a Giant, but it's highly unlikely that it's going to happen. The Giants would probably have to give up a couple of 1st and 2nd round picks for the next few drafts to jump from 12 to 1 and I don't see JR doing that.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

He's a freak like LT, but he doesn't have the intensity and finish like LT did.

LT played like he wanted to kill the other team. And I don't mean kill in the game. I mean end their lives

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

LT played like he wanted to kill the other team. And I don't mean kill in the game. I mean end their lives
          +100
          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

Exactly, "crazed dog"

Comment

Another comp to LT.........yaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnn.....ZZZzzzzzzzz

One day there will come another like LT. Who we will never know... until they compare years of tenure and can accumulate as many NFL highlights during a career as LT's.

Stats in college don't mean **** for Clowney.

We have heard this story many times. We shall see.
              Last edited by BigBlueBoricua; 04-05-2014, 08:35 PM.
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

You can only compare LT to LT... anything else is a slap in the face. That's how good LT was in his prime.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

They have been looking for the next LT ever since he got drafted into the NFL. So far none have compared. Nobody matches LTs "freak" ability AND intensity level/motor. They haven't found that combo again yet. They probably won't.

Comment

No player compares to LT, greatest player ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                      No player compares to LT, greatest player ever!
                      Agree. Clowney's performance this year showed he can be stopped. He probably played not to get hurt, but don't forget the competition was only at college level.

Clowney is great player, but not super star type of prospects. Those players just aren't available in every draft. This is not a good year to have the top 2 picks.

QFFL Draft Masters

Comment

Originally posted by QFFL View Post
                        Agree. Clowney's performance this year showed he can be stopped. He probably played not to get hurt, but don't forget the competition was only at college level.

Clowney is great player, but not super star type of prospects. Those players just aren't available in every draft. This is not a good year to have the top 2 picks.
                        Clowney is a once in a decade prospect

Comment

Clowney is the truth. Anyone who asks my opinion of him, I give the same answer everytime. He should not be passed on in the draft. People says he plays sparingly, he is not a team player, he's in it for the money . . . . . yeah yada, yada yada. This guy with the right organization and right coach, can be one of the greats.

He has LT comparisons . . . . . . on his abilities., I don't know of too many players who can match LT's heart, passion and tenacity.

Comment

I dont get the LT comparison. In LTs mind he was getting his man and nothing was going to stop him. Clowney is a gulifted athlete but doesnt have that intensity, few in NFL history have.

If Clowney had that switch, that would be scary. Even a sub par athlete is unstoppable if he feels that way in his mind .

Sadly I dont think we have yet seen a physically gifted freak with supreme intensity yet. One day that guy will come along.

Comment

St Louis has already expressed interest in potentially trading down - If Clowney doesn't go #1, I honestly could see the Giants trading up for him. Clearly it's not likely, but the possibility is there.

Comment

Working...
                              X