Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    what center would you take at #12?
    Exactly, no C worth it and Lewan can get lost as far as OT goes. I still say its Donald, Barr, Evans. or Ebron.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie12 View Post
      I can see a Tackle but not a center. Thou one should also be drafted. It's a fairly deep draft lot's of good talent. Theirs hope.
      Not that deep for Oline, especially Centers and Gaurds. After the first 2 rounds there aint many scraps left IMO.
      2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I'm a fan of Zach Martin also. I think he's going to be a very solid T or G for a long time. Doubtful he falls to the 2nd rd but lets hope he's their and the Giants take him.
        I think Martin is the perfect need player for us. He will fill in for either Beatty (or let Pugh move to LT) or Snee if either doesn't do what is expected. The only danger is both Beatty and Snee bounce back and force Martin to wait until Snee retires (probably next year). He is the type of linemen we like. The only problem is most "experts" think he is more of 20th pick type of player than a 12th pick type of player.

If we could get him after trading back to the Jets pick, and get the Jets 2nd as a result, then I think we would have the perfect marriage of need and value.

That being said, if Evans or Donald are there at 12, I think we have to take them. From what I've read, not being an expert myself, they sound like team changing players - especially Donald. Donald seems small but the "experts" (this time quotes is less snarky ) say he is throwing the big guys around like they are nothing or just slipping past them with this quick first step.

I really torn - assuming everyone is right about Donald, he could make our defense special given our only remaining hole will be pass rush but I think free agency helped our defense a great deal but our offense is still hurtin' a bit. We need a really good line and/or a receiver - Evans or trade back for Martin I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
          Not that deep for Oline, especially Centers and Gaurds. After the first 2 rounds there aint many scraps left IMO.
          Agree, that said people want every other player under the sun (most people anyway) at a position that needs talent so wait till the later rounds to take a lineman? Everything starts upfront and I'm not saying take Lewan my guy is Matthews but chance are slim if even that much for him. Last year the whole season collapsed as injuries mounted and a guy they gave a huge contract to went awol. So far they have upgraded one position on the line with Schwartz.
          Pugh should have a good year and continue to improve the guy was a great pick last year. The Giants have a problem here compounded by years of bad drafts and neglect. They held on far to long to guys that couldn't get it done anymore. I've said before signing journey men will not fix the line it's a 2yr process to get back what you need. Our new OC should see that and adjust to help with quicker routes and uptempo style that does benefit Eli.
          The OL needs a talent infusion. Theirs not much behind the 5 projected starters and 3 of them are huge question marks coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
            The point is that while Beatty was a problem last year, he can still be a solution. It's inane to just dump players after every bad season. Giants should still be looking to working on him to get him back to his 2011-2012 form when he absolutely was a franchise LT while fortifying the interior OL. It's hardly as simple as plug in a new rookie LT who will probably struggle mightily his first season as well.
            I would gladly take Lewan over that big softy that has been playing LT for us. You can't get any worse than the Jared Allen sack last season, The Beatme Sandwich.

Comment

The funny thing is he actually had a good game against Minnesota after that sack and a missed running block on the same drive. I think most are just a little too hurt to even acknowledge the possibility he gets better.

Comment

I don't see Beatty as a self-motivator. A little competition might make him play a bit more "inspired" football.

Comment

They absolutely did see something in him. He produced one solid season in how many years in the league already? They thought he was an improving player that was going to dominate. He's regressed horribly sometimes looking so lost I couldn't understand it.
                  Tuck was injured but at least tried to give what he had. He steadily improved and stayed healthy for the most part after his surgery.
                  JPP had back surgery, anyone who's had that can tell you it takes time to recover nerves take awhile to heal. The strength loss is enormous also so again it's a different case. Eli had a horrendous year. A year where things snowballed out of control. But it's not like he hasn't produced. Again different scenario.
                  Unless Beatty was hurt last year(before the broken leg of course) he was just awful. At times wondering if he was indeed hurt due to his regression. Difference here is the other players have produced (JPP needs to produce this year) for a few years where as Beatty had one decent season and was reward to continue a high level of play. Beatty is in his prime and if that's what he produced then I don't know what to say. Beatty has more of a history of under performing than performing.
                  well my point was more of were going to give him another chance at LT. we didnt give him a big contract to just cut him the following year. now if he has an awful start to this year or if he doesnt come back in time and Brown does well at LT, then yeah i see him being cut at the end of the year and the Giants just sucking up the cap hit. but the point is he will have another chance to show what hes got. this is a make or break year for Beatty

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                    I don't see Beatty as a self-motivator. A little competition might make him play a bit more "inspired" football.
                    well we did just sign a guy who started 14 games at LT for the Saints last year. hopefully he sees that as motivation that he could lose his job

Comment

We should not be going for a need player like Martin.

Go for the guy you think will be a multi time pro-bowl player ---- there will be at least 1 or 2 of those guys around and Martin doesn't fit that bill.

I'd take C-Kouandjio over Martin simply due to his size/arms/upside and age (2 years younger than Martin).

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                        We should not be going for a need player like Martin.

Go for the guy you think will be a multi time pro-bowl player ---- there will be at least 1 or 2 of those guys around and Martin doesn't fit that bill.

I'd take C-Kouandjio over Martin simply due to his size/arms/upside and age (2 years younger than Martin).
                        I wouldn't have Kouandjio on my draft board at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post

And..........

that's why you're not a scout.
                          2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Donald for PRESIDENT!!!!
                            NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

What's so great about holding a team to 7 pts, but not be able to score ?? Our offense desperately still needs attention.
                              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Working...
                              X