Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Lewan, Potential Giants' Draft Target, Pushes Court Date Until After Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boogie12 View Post
    Do you think any team that wants to draft him wont have their legal team aware of the matter. I find it very hard to believe that teams will roll the dice not knowing what course of action is being prepared. And that includes wether the prosecution will pursue or drop the case. Or more likely making an assumption here plea bargain which is probably why they ask for a delay in order to prepare and hear the prosecutions recommendation. Regardless of whatever comes to play here the decision will be rendered before the start of the season.
    These are legal tactics and this is the course that was chosen.
    thats not the point. obviously someone will take the risk with him and he 99% will be a 1st round pick. the point is however though with all these legal concerns, and them not being handled before the draft, the Giants 99% will not draft this guy. whens the last time the Giants selected anyone with current legal issues in the draft, let alone the #12 overall pick in the 1st round.

Reese is on the hot seat and so is half the front office and coaching staff..i doubt they take their 1st pick on a guy who has legal issues and is a ?? about his status and maturity. they probably will go with a safer player to pick at 12 than the riskier ones

Comment

Originally posted by Giant303 View Post
      yes no one here is his lawyer. However, IMO dealing with this before he becomes an employee of the NFL would prevent him from being disciplined by the NFL. Since he's choosing to wait until after the draft teams are going to be more apprehensive about the unknowns of the situation. Once he signs the contract effectively become property of the NFL and if a judgement is rendered against him. He could miss time and already starts out on RG's radar. This is just my take on it...and i hope the giants don't draft him...
      This is actually a very good point I had not considered.

If he had settled this prior to the draft, the NFL could take no further action against him. However, if he is convicted or found guilty of it after he is in the league, the league almost certainly will do something if it can.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Sounds to me like he lies a lot. I'm sure teams are real fond of that
        Didnt he rape a chick?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          This is actually a very good point I had not considered.

If he had settled this prior to the draft, the NFL could take no further action against him. However, if he is convicted or found guilty of it after he is in the league, the league almost certainly will do something if it can.
          Good point, but in this case it was only the arraignment that was scheduled to take place before the draft, so it was unlikely that the entire mess would have gotten resolved before the draft anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
            Didnt he rape a chick?
            No. But he threatened to rape the girl that accused one of his teammates of rape in front of multiple witnesses. Classy guy that Lewan.
            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
              Didnt he rape a chick?
              Here's how things get blown out of preportion. Probably just like some of Lewan's comments.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                No. But he threatened to rape the girl that accused one of his teammates of rape in front of multiple witnesses. Classy guy that Lewan.
                You are a young football player who truly believes your friend is being falsly accused of big time crime -- you say something really stupid in his defense. I can't write the kid completely off for this -- I really can't because I don't think anyone knows the complete story.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie12 View Post
                  Do you think any team that wants to draft him wont have their legal team aware of the matter. I find it very hard to believe that teams will roll the dice not knowing what course of action is being prepared. And that includes wether the prosecution will pursue or drop the case. Or more likely making an assumption here plea bargain which is probably why they ask for a delay in order to prepare and hear the prosecutions recommendation. Regardless of whatever comes to play here the decision will be rendered before the start of the season.
                  These are legal tactics and this is the course that was chosen.
                  Correct and Well Said. People are judging without knowing the facts. His attorney selected the first date available. The judge gave them this date. Lewan did not "choose" to postpone any dates. His attorney wanted the earliest date possible.
                  1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                    You are a young football player who truly believes your friend is being falsly accused of big time crime -- you say something really stupid in his defense. I can't write the kid completely off for this -- I really can't because I don't think anyone knows the complete story.
                    Exactly. He was never even arrested. He was not expelled, nor suspended from school. His team, which is a very well respected and conservative organization,did not take actions against him either.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                      Exactly. He was never even arrested. He was not expelled, nor suspended from school. His team, which is a very well respected and conservative organization,did not take actions against him either.
                      And penn state was well respected and conservative too...

Just saying. Schools do a lot to protect their football organizations.

Comment

And penn state was well respected and conservative too...

Just saying. Schools do a lot to protect their football organizations.
                        Rape threats, personal physical sexual abuse / threats, brutal assaults, aggravated assaults, threat of life = An ARREST, when the police gets involved. They did get involved. They investigated and continue to investigate. Yet he was not / never arrested and everyone on these boards are crucifying this kid without knowing the facts. Lewan did not postpone anything. The judge set these dates.

Judge and you will be judged. Everyone on these boards are acting like their saints and never made any stupid mistakes in their lives.

Comment

Rape threats, personal physical sexual abuse / threats, brutal assaults, aggravated assaults, threat of life = An ARREST, when the police gets involved. They did get involved. They investigated and continue to investigate. Yet he was not / never arrested and everyone on these boards are crucifying this kid without knowing the facts. Lewan did not postpone anything. The judge set these dates.

Judge and you will be judged. Everyone on these boards are acting like their saints and never made any stupid mistakes in their lives.
                          He was charged with three crimes. And given a written warning for his rape threat.

Comment

He was charged with three crimes. And given a written warning for his rape threat.
                            Exactly. Thanks for confirming what I said.

Comment

Lewan is charged with one count of aggravated assault and two counts of assault or assault and battery...that's enough for me to kick him to the curb as a draftee.

Comment

Exactly. Thanks for confirming what I said.
                                You seem hung up on this arrested thing.

That's not what matters. Charged is what matters. They have enough evidence to take him to court and potentially put him in jail

Comment

Working...
                                X