Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strick's All-Sleeper Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strick's All-Sleeper Team

    I did this for the first time last year and it was fun but I did mostly really small school guys and deep sleepers. I did have a few that made an impact in their first year and the Giants even drafted one of my guys Cooper Taylor last year.

    Some Notables from last year:
    David Bass DE Missouri Western St (Chicago Bears)
    Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada (Former Pat?... didn't really make an impact but was hyped big time)
    Melvin White CB Louisiana-Lafayette (Carolina Panthers)
    Jordan Mills OT Louisiana Tech (Chicago Bears)

    You can see the rest of the team from last year below

    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....l-Sleeper-Team

    This year I am going to do the same thing but add mid-late rounders at each position as well as the deep sleepers so it isn't as boring as some posters thought last year lol

    *Mid-Late round guys named first and the deep sleepers after at each position (5th round or later projected players)

    QB- Tom Savage Pittsburgh / Jeff Matthews Cornell
    RB- James White Wisconsin / Tim Flanders Sam Houston St
    FB- J.C Copeland LSU / Gator Hoskins Marshall
    TE- Colt Lyerla Oregon / Rob Blanchflower UMass
    WR- Jeff Janis Saginaw Valley / Chandler Jones San Jose St
    WR- Cody Hoffman BYU / L'Damian Washington Mizzou
    OT- Michael Schofield Michigan / Laurent Devernay-Tardif McGill (Canada)
    OT- Seantrel Henderson Miami / Matt Feiler Bloomsburg
    OG- Anthony Steen Alabama / Brandon Linder Miami
    OG- Chris Watt Norte Dame / Ryan Groy Wisconsin
    C- Gabe Ikard Oklahoma / James Stone Tennessee

    ______________________

    DE- Aaron Lynch USF / Larry Webster Bloomsburg
    DE- Ethan Westbrooks West Texas A&M / Chaz Sutton South Carolina
    DT- Caraun Reid Princeton / Ryan Carrethers Arkansas St
    DT- Jay Bromley Cuse / Zach Kerr Delaware
    OLB- Prince Shembo Norte Dame / Tyler Starr University of South Dakota (represent! haha)
    OLB- Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College / Derrell Johnson East Carolina
    MLB- Max Bullough Michigan St / Devekeyan "DeDe" Lattimore USF
    CB- Walt Aikens CB Liberty / Bene Benwikere San Jose St
    CB- Aaron Colvin Oklahoma / Marcus Williams North Dakota St
    S- Marqueston Huff Wyoming / Vinnie Sunseri Alabama
    S- Tre Boston North Carolina / Alden Darby Arizona St

    ______________________

    Btw I was using CBS sports for the rankings. They currently have Cody Latimer in the 5th round for some reason... I didn't list him because I don't think he will make it that far.

    For the mid-late round sleepers I used 5-6 round players (Aikens was a 4-5 round grade but I really like him) and for the deeper sleepers they were projected 7th round or FA

    ___________________________

    Hope it is a bit more exciting than last year and maybe some other people will do one. You could do just mid round sleepers or whatever. Hopefully I have a few gems this year as well!
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    ________________________________________________________
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    ________________________________________________________
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

  • #2
    Solid list. Good work

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
      Solid list. Good work
      Thanks man, it took a while bit was pretty fun. I have been.checking out tapes of a lot of late round guys this year to see who I really like. Last year I just looked at the top guys game tape pretty much
      sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      ________________________________________________________
      Mock Draft
      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
      ________________________________________________________
      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

      Comment


      • #4
        I like a bunch of guys on that list.

        Jay Bromley DT Syracuse
        Chris Watt G ND
        Jeff Janis WR SV
        Prince Shembo LB ND

        I dont like Tom Savage QB Pitt at all. I think he is terrible.

        Also, I am surprised you didnt mention Jerome Smith, Marquis Spruill or Keon Lyn...

        And I would add Jerick McKinnon, RB
        Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

        Comment


        • #5
          Got OT- Seantrel Henderson Miami on my ALL CAPS mock lol, big long arms, can run and pass protect well. Shane Skov wouldn't be a sleeper, but was one of my fave linebackers since Luck was QB@stanford, hoping he's there in the third round.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PUGH72 View Post
            Got OT- Seantrel Henderson Miami on my ALL CAPS mock lol, big long arms, can run and pass protect well. Shane Skov wouldn't be a sleeper, but was one of my fave linebackers since Luck was QB@stanford, hoping he's there in the third round.
            Great value in the 3rd. I like Skov.
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

            Comment


            • #7
              Like Seantrel Henderson from Miami! A guy that I believe is a must look at is Larry Webster DE from a small school, got the pedigree plus...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                Like Seantrel Henderson from Miami! A guy that I believe is a must look at is Larry Webster DE from a small school, got the pedigree plus...
                Yeah I have him in there. He could surprise some people in the league I think
                sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                ________________________________________________________
                Mock Draft
                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                ________________________________________________________
                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  I like a bunch of guys on that list.

                  Jay Bromley DT Syracuse
                  Chris Watt G ND
                  Jeff Janis WR SV
                  Prince Shembo LB ND

                  I dont like Tom Savage QB Pitt at all. I think he is terrible.

                  Also, I am surprised you didnt mention Jerome Smith, Marquis Spruill or Keon Lyn...

                  And I would add Jerick McKinnon, RB
                  Thanks man! I think I like Savage more than most. He is getting quite a bit of positive buzz lately too I think...

                  Trust me I definitely considered Jerome Smith, Spruill, and Lyn. If I would have done a total of 4 RB's Smith would have definitely be on there. Lyn I think could be a nice steal. He has nice size and if he doesn't make it at DB I think he could be a solid ST's player at least! Spruill with a late round flyer would be solid as well
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  ________________________________________________________
                  Mock Draft
                  1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                  4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                  ________________________________________________________
                  Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                    Yeah I have him in there. He could surprise some people in the league I think
                    As a Miami Canes fan, Henderson has all the talent in the world to be special. He is as lazy as they come and I do not think he will ever put in the work to reach his potential. Worth a shot in the 5th though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                      As a Miami Canes fan, Henderson has all the talent in the world to be special. He is as lazy as they come and I do not think he will ever put in the work to reach his potential. Worth a shot in the 5th though.
                      For sure. He is absolutely massive too. I mean if he put it together he could be a force. Definitely an intriguing player late in the draft
                      sigpic
                      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                      ________________________________________________________
                      Mock Draft
                      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                      ________________________________________________________
                      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm going to add Steve Greene OG from Connecticut in the 6th or 7th round. This is my best friend's brother and I'm seen him play from pee wee league up through college and this kid is a beast... 6'6'', strong, and a work ethic like no other. Might be worth taking a look at in the later rounds or as an undrafted free agent

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Never cared for Henderson. We still also need to figure out the blocking scheme that comes with McAdoo. If it's anything like GB's, then you have to figure a zone blocking base sprinkled with a gap scheme where guys pull and run. That may eliminate someone like Henderson from even the later rounds for the Giants.

                          For as much love as Barrett Jones got in here for whatever reason, Anthony Steen is going a bit under the radar. I think he was far tougher and stronger than Jones while being a little quicker than Warmack. So he could be a decent pickup in the later rounds after Giants nab one in the second or third round.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't forget Marcus Cooper from KC. There were no expectations for him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                              Never cared for Henderson. We still also need to figure out the blocking scheme that comes with McAdoo. If it's anything like GB's, then you have to figure a zone blocking base sprinkled with a gap scheme where guys pull and run. That may eliminate someone like Henderson from even the later rounds for the Giants.

                              For as much love as Barrett Jones got in here for whatever reason, Anthony Steen is going a bit under the radar. I think he was far tougher and stronger than Jones while being a little quicker than Warmack. So he could be a decent pickup in the later rounds after Giants nab one in the second or third round.
                              Yeah I like Steen he could be a really nice late round pick. Has experience vs the best college talent and plays a position where some more depth would be nice.

                              As for Henderson I put him on there for his great potential for being a late round prospect. Idk if he would fit with the Giants but I was just listing guys based on talent and upside IMO and not who fits best with the Giants. Although there are quite a few guys who I think would be nice late round picks for the Giants on this list
                              sigpic
                              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                              ________________________________________________________
                              Mock Draft
                              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                              ________________________________________________________
                              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X