Prospect Comparison Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect Comparison Thread

Lets use this thread to compare this draft class to current NFL players. State your prospect comparisons!

Paul Richardson - Desean Jackson

Allen Robinson - Dez Bryant

Bishop Sankey - Doug Martin

Charles Simms - Matt Forte

Davante Adams - Hakeem Nicks

Mike Evans - Vincent Jackson

Eric Ebron - Vernon Davis

Jarvis Landry - Anquan Boldin

Marqise Lee - Jeremy Maclin

Jace Amaro - Jason Witten

Troy Nicklas - Kyle Rudolph (a less athletic version)

Greg Robinson - Tyron Smith

Scott Chrichton - Greg Hardy

Dee Ford - Robert Mathis

Ra'shede Hageman - Chris Canty

Kony Ealy - Justin Tuck

Aaron Donald - Geno Atkins

Anthony Barr - Aldon Smith

Khalil Mack - Terrell Suggs

HaHa Clinton-Dix - Kenny Phillips

Calvin Pryor - Troy Polamalu

Justin Gilbert - Patrick Peterson

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
    Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

the one that sticks out is Amaro / Witten.. I don't see it

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      Same here... other than that the comparisons are pretty nice. I like a lot of them
      sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      __________________________________________________ ______
      Mock Draft
      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Are these your comparisons? Cause a lot of them are pretty good. The only ones I had a problem with are Ebron/Davis, Amaro/Witten and Robinson/Bryant. Also I think Tuck was a lot more like Carradine last year than Ealy, but I can see some similarity.

The Hagemen/Canty comparo. is a GOOD one.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          From an athletic standpoint Amaro reminds me of witten. Also the way they both run routes and even the actual way they look while moving/running.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
            Are these your comparisons? Cause a lot of them are pretty good. The only ones I had a problem with are Ebron/Davis, Amaro/Witten and Robinson/Bryant. Also I think Tuck was a lot more like Carradine last year than Ealy, but I can see some similarity.

The Hagemen/Canty comparo. is a GOOD one.
            Robinson has similar body control and jumping ability imo. They both have good run after the catch talent and can be possession receivers. They have similar heights and weights. The major difference is physicality. I think Dez is much more physical. Remember, I am not saying that robinson will be the caliber of player that dez is, but that he reminds me of him.

Comment

"Jace Amaro - Jason Witten"

I don't understand that one at all.

Comment

Barr is more Aaron Maybin than Aldon Smith.

Comment

BTW this is a thread for everyone to list their comparisons, not to just critique mine.

Comment

You guys cannot be serious… out of all of those you chose Amaro comparison to witten when really whats glaring is Ebron's comparison to V.Davis… do we remember the prospect Davis was coming out of college compared to Ebron or even Witten for that matter? I think we are letting personal ideologies of player corrupt logic and judgment…with that said.

Amaro coming into the league right now is no Jason witten right now, he is more of a C.Fleener
                    Ebron coming into the league now is no V.Davis ever, he is more of a faster M.Lewis

Oy vey lol

-Also Gilbert /peterson, that one is debatable, Peterson was the consensus #1 in his class bar none and rightfully so, I love Gilbert as a prospect, want him in the first, but not peterson.

Sorry Mlerman17 good thread but you know everything is up for critique, consider it constructive.
                    Last edited by rainierjef; 04-08-2014, 10:53 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                      Robinson has similar body control and jumping ability imo. They both have good run after the catch talent and can be possession receivers. They have similar heights and weights. The major difference is physicality. I think Dez is much more physical. Remember, I am not saying that robinson will be the caliber of player that dez is, but that he reminds me of him.
                      I do have to tell you that you did a really good job with a lot of these. Witten-Amaro is the one I am the most against but that is only because I don't know how he can block really at all. Catching wise I can see it though. He has nice soft hands like him.. I think Arthur Lynch reminds me of Witten a bit honestly

Davante Adams reminds me a a bit of Demaryius Thomas. I can see the Hakeem Nicks one though. His catches on fade routes really do look a lot like how Nicks does it. Also in the good Nicks years he could make things happen on screen passes and slants like Adams can. The screen passes really remind me of Thomas though. He is a YAC monster. I think the Rudolph-Niklas one is spot on! I really like the Hageman-Canty one as well. Good stuff
                      sigpic
                      Mock Draft
                      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                        BTW this is a thread for everyone to list their comparisons, not to just critique mine.
                        false..

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                          I do have to tell you that you did a really good job with a lot of these. Witten-Amaro is the one I am the most against but that is only because I don't know how he can block really at all. Catching wise I can see it though. He has nice soft hands like him.. I think Arthur Lynch reminds me of Witten a bit honestly

Davante Adams reminds me a a bit of Demaryius Thomas. I can see the Hakeem Nicks one though. His catches on fade routes really do look a lot like how Nicks does it. Also in the good Nicks years he could make things happen on screen passes and slants like Adams can. The screen passes really remind me of Thomas though. He is a YAC monster. I think the Rudolph-Niklas one is spot on! I really like the Hageman-Canty one as well. Good stuff
                          Thanks. The Amaro comparison is strictly a pass catching one because Amaro almost exclusively lined up in the slot or out wide and is not a good blocker, whereas Witten is.

Comment

I will list a few off the top of my head

Paul Richardson-Desean Jackson ceiling but at the worst is a Mario Manningham

Dri Archer-Trindon Holliday type player at worst ceiling faster Tavon Austin

Charles Simms- Matt Forte with some McCoy like jukes

C.J Fiedorowicz- More athletic Scott Chandler

Davante Adams- Demaryius Thomas

Arthur Lynch- Poor mans Jason Witten

Eric Ebron- Less athletic but slightly more productive (college level at least) Vernon Davis

Austin Seferian-Jenkins- Mercedes Lewis

Ryan Shazier- Lavonte David

Terrance West- Poor mans MJD

I will try and think of some more
                            sigpic
                            Mock Draft

Comment

Donte Moncrief - Hakeem Nicks (both do not have great speed - use their size and jumping ability to get the ball)

Comment

Working...
                              X