Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luni View Post
    Next year maybe
    I doubt he falls all the way to the 2015 draft lol.

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    Again . . . Not worth it according to who?
    That is one of my pet peeves. When people stick with "experts" rankings as a reason to draft or not draft some one. There are other guys I would rather have, but if Mosley is picked and plays well I will be very happy, I don't care where he was "supposed" to go.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I'd rather Shazier over Mosley if the Giants went LB in the 1st rd. What concerns me about Mosley is the injury history.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
        I'd rather Shazier over Mosley if the Giants went LB in the 1st rd. What concerns me about Mosley is the injury history.
        Same

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
          Same
          yup

Comment

If he stays healthy he could be better than Kuechley (probably botched the spelling lmao)

He can play all 3 LB positions and he is very good in coverage. He has great instincts as well.

If the Giants picked him I would be shocked from the standpoint that they don't pick LB's early but I couldn't blame them because he is a very good prospect. I read that his injuries don't have long term effects that could hurt his career. I still would be a little cautious picking him at 12
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
              yup
              you want to win a superbowl you need Eli uupright.well sew tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                What injury history? Did he miss a lot of games in college?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  I doubt he falls all the way to the 2015 draft lol.

That is one of my pet peeves. When people stick with "experts" rankings as a reason to draft or not draft some one. There are other guys I would rather have, but if Mosley is picked and plays well I will be very happy, I don't care where he was "supposed" to go.
                  Ok - so Mayock has him in his top 11 and Jeremiah has him in his top 8, but he would be a reach because "luni" doesn't have him in the top 12

Got it

Comment

What injury history? Did he miss a lot of games in college?
                    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-were-positive

Alabama's C.J. Mosley says medical reports were positive

By Chase Goodbread
                    College Football 24/7 writer
                    Published: March 12, 2014 at 04:29 p.m. Updated: March 12, 2014 at 04:44 p.m

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley refuted a published report that NFL teams are worried about his health due to a concern about his knee at the Crimson Tide's annual pro day event Wednesday.

"Everything went well. Before the combine even happened, in January, I got MRIs on everything I hurt in the past all the way to my freshman year," Mosley said. "Everything was good then. (There) weren't no red flags thrown up or anything they had questions on, I got an MRI or X-Ray on, so it turned out well."

Mosley had myriad injuries at Alabama, including dislocations of his elbow (freshman year) and hip (sophomore year), among others. Considered a first-round talent, Mosley was a four-year player for the Crimson Tide and took over a full-time role in 2013 at the weakside linebacker spot in Alabama's 3-4 defense. Previously, he shared time with Nico Johnson, who was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. Mosley said he was understanding of the rigors of medical exams at the combine.

"I really wasn't worried about it because I knew how I had played with it, and I already had the results back from January," he said. "The scouts, they want to check on everything and make sure they're not dealing with any risk. I understood where they were coming from. They got the same results I got."

I wouldn't be mad if he was picked. If they did so then they obviously feel that his injuries won't harm him long term (which from what I have read seems true). He is a very good football player but for some reason there is always the concern I have for Alabama defensive players. For some reason it seems like they peak in college and don't turn out as well as projected in the pros.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok - so Mayock has him in his top 11 and Jeremiah has him in his top 8, but he would be a reach because "luni" doesn't have him in the top 12

Got it
                      I think he could be as good as Kuechly...That is if he stays healthy and plays to his potential. He has great instincts, excellent in coverage, versatile, solid tackler, and a leader. A lot of scouts think he can start from day 1 at either OLB spots or MLB
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-were-positive

Alabama's C.J. Mosley says medical reports were positive

By Chase Goodbread
                        College Football 24/7 writer
                        Published: March 12, 2014 at 04:29 p.m. Updated: March 12, 2014 at 04:44 p.m

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley refuted a published report that NFL teams are worried about his health due to a concern about his knee at the Crimson Tide's annual pro day event Wednesday.

"Everything went well. Before the combine even happened, in January, I got MRIs on everything I hurt in the past all the way to my freshman year," Mosley said. "Everything was good then. (There) weren't no red flags thrown up or anything they had questions on, I got an MRI or X-Ray on, so it turned out well."

Mosley had myriad injuries at Alabama, including dislocations of his elbow (freshman year) and hip (sophomore year), among others. Considered a first-round talent, Mosley was a four-year player for the Crimson Tide and took over a full-time role in 2013 at the weakside linebacker spot in Alabama's 3-4 defense. Previously, he shared time with Nico Johnson, who was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. Mosley said he was understanding of the rigors of medical exams at the combine.

"I really wasn't worried about it because I knew how I had played with it, and I already had the results back from January," he said. "The scouts, they want to check on everything and make sure they're not dealing with any risk. I understood where they were coming from. They got the same results I got."

I wouldn't be mad if he was picked. If they did so then they obviously feel that his injuries won't harm him long term (which from what I have read seems true). He is a very good football player but for some reason there is always the concern I have for Alabama defensive players. For some reason it seems like they peak in college and don't turn out as well as projected in the pros.
                        This is all so mysterious - what is the alleged knee issue? Did he miss a lot of games in college?

As you say, if we pick him it will mean that our doctors cleared him medically . . . So I would be ok with the pick

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                          I think he could be as good as Kuechly...That is if he stays healthy and plays to his potential. He has great instincts, excellent in coverage, versatile, solid tackler, and a leader. A lot of scouts think he can start from day 1 at either OLB spots or MLB
                          Adding him could turn our LB corps into a position of strength . . . That being said, i still prefer Donald

Comment

This is all so mysterious - what is the alleged knee issue? Did he miss a lot of games in college?

As you say, if we pick him it will mean that our doctors cleared him medically . . . So I would be ok with the pick
                            That's what I am saying... I just checked his stats and he played every game the last two years. Maybe they are just nagging injuries like Nicks kind of. I am not sure but he produces well regardless of these "injuries" so I would be fine with the pick. I used to mock him quite a bit before FA. He is compared to some really solid NFL LB's like Kuechly and Lavonte David
                            sigpic
                            ________________________________________________________
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Adding him could turn our LB corps into a position of strength . . . That being said, i still prefer Donald
                              +1

My personal list is something like Ebron, Donald, Martin, Mosley, Barr

Ebron and Donald are basically a tie for me for the #1 spot. I didn't add Matthews or Evans because it is more than likely they are gone
                              sigpic
                              Mock Draft
                              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Everybody cries for a day 1 starting LB and now there is a SEC stud LB in our lap and people hate it?? Yep must be the NYG Message Boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X