Trade up for Evans/Watkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade up for Evans/Watkins

Huge drop off in talent at the position after these 2 and we need an X receiver who can be productive from day 1, the raiders are apparently "desperate" to trade down being that they only have 4 picks in the top 200. One of these guys would go a long way in turning our O around, much further than any of the lineman in the draft imo.

Would be losing at least the 2nd round pick to go up to top 5.

Comment

No

Comment

The Giants have too many holes to fill to give away draft picks this year for any player.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Would be losing at least the 2nd round pick to go up to top 5.
          Yeah I was thinking we could probably get away with giving our 1st and 2nd, and given what one of these guys will do for our O.. I'm for it

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
            The Giants have too many holes to fill to give away draft picks this year for any player.
            Don't think we have quite as many glaring holes as most people say, the biggest holes I see are WR, TE (where we can get a starting caliber player in the 3rd), and C (where we can probably bring in a guy who can compete with Walton in the 4th) nothing else really gives me GREAT concern
            Last edited by Mookskingdom; 05-08-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mookskingdom View Post
              Don't think we have quite as many glaring holes as most people say, the biggest holes I see are WR, TE, and C.. nothing else really gives me GREAT concern
              Well there is no pass rush at all. No linebackers. Still need OL. Another HB and S would be nice for depth

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                Well there is no pass rush at all. No linebackers. Still need OL. Another HB and S would be nice for depth
                Only thing on oline we need is a C to compete with Walton which can be had in the mid rounds, I'm happy with our starting linebackers but we could prob use a backup on the outside (late pick/FA) RBs I think are good but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a late pick/FA to compete with Cox for the 4th spot, safety I wouldn't worry about in the draft. If Hill gets suspended grab a fill-in in FA

Oh and as far as pass rush goes there's not really much to be had in this draft anyway (atleast as far as guys we can get) imo, we just need to rely on JPP bouncing back, and Ayers continuing on the production he had last year, and don't forget Cullen can bring some pressure coming from up the middle
                Last edited by Mookskingdom; 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Don't think we have quite as many glaring holes as most people say, the biggest holes I see are WR, TE (where we can get a starting caliber player in the 3rd), and C (where we can probably bring in a guy who can compete with Walton in the 4th) nothing else really gives me GREAT concern
                  I agree about WR, TE and Center. But the Giants also need another Guard or Tackle, a RB as insurance for Wilson, a DE and/or DT, and a Safety.

sigpic

Comment

I agree about WR, TE and Center. But the Giants also need another Guard or Tackle, a RB as insurance for Wilson, a DE and/or DT, and a Safety.
                    Most of these I'd rather solve in FA, I mean how many rookies can you count on to play (or even get a second string job with Coughlin as your head coach) I still want us to sign Kevin Williams to round out the DTs, FA/late pick to round out the DEs, we have 4 RBs who can play if you include Wilson (if not I'm fine with Jennings, Hillis, Cox until he's back) I like the depth signings we made on the oline so like I said before I think the only piece were short there is a C and saftey I don't think we should really worry about until hill actually gets suspended, wish we were able to bring Mundy back though

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      No
                      Maybe we could package Beatty in the deal LOL

Comment

Most of these I'd rather solve in FA, I mean how many rookies can you count on to play (or even get a second string job with Coughlin as your head coach) I still want us to sign Kevin Williams to round out the DTs, FA/late pick to round out the DEs, we have 4 RBs who can play if you include Wilson (if not I'm fine with Jennings, Hillis, Cox until he's back) I like the depth signings we made on the oline so like I said before I think the only piece were short there is a C and saftey I don't think we should really worry about until hill actually gets suspended, wish we were able to bring Mundy back
                        With the pressure for the Giants to bounce back after 2013, I suspect we'll see some rookies getting significant playing time. Not all of them, but some.

And Wilson's health is still up in the air, so who knows when or if he'll play. It's better for the Giants to draft a RB as insurance instead of relying on FA.

I like some of the signings the Giants made regarding the O-Line, but with Beatty's health an issue, Snee's health an issue and Brewer just being, well, Brewer another G or T would be good for insurance. I hope Eric Herman can step up, but who knows.

And the safety position is something to address whether Hill gets suspended or not. Rolle is probably in his last year, Stevie B is coming back from an ACL injury and Cooper Taylor is iffy.

sigpic

Comment

With the pressure for the Giants to bounce back after 2013, I suspect we'll see some rookies getting significant playing time. Not all of them, but some.

And Wilson's health is still up in the air, so who knows when or if he'll play. It's better for the Giants to draft a RB as insurance instead of relying on FA.

I like some of the signings the Giants made regarding the O-Line, but with Beatty's health an issue, Snee's health an issue and Brewer just being, well, Brewer another G or T would be good for insurance. I hope Eric Herman can step up, but who knows.

And the safety position is something to address whether Hill gets suspended or not. Rolle is probably in his last year, Stevie B is coming back from an ACL injury and Cooper Taylor is iffy.
                          Well if you get a player like Evans its easier to get significant play time out of your rookies lol he's a ready #1 NFL wide receiver in my eyes

And every team has guys with injury concerns that they're relying on, you can't have great backups at every position, but for the most part I do like the backups we have, think jerry actually did a good job with that this offseason, personally im just comfortable moving forward with our LT, RB, and S (if hill isn't suspended) positions set.. though I ld like one more backup tackle late in the draft but not really because I'm concerned with beattys health, correct me if I'm wrong he broke a bone right? If so hell be fine by the time week 1 rolls around and we need to pray he bounces back if he is healthy lol

Comment

It would be exiting...but not smart.

Comment

Just have a funny feeling we may be dealing with Miami tonight and trading down........

Comment

Working...
                              X