No announcement yet.

***OFFICIAL DAY 2 DRAFT THREAD***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice pick for Carolina. Gaffney is underrated.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Bennett Jackson is one of my co-workers nephew lol

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
        yep..

At the very least, I hope Richburg is thrown into the fire. Screw putting that dude on the bench and letting him "learn". Let him earn his lumps on the field.

It worked out for the Cowboys last year with their rookie center Travis Frederick, it also worked for Justin Pugh.

Rookies can't learn on the bench
        Reese said he and jd will fight for the spot

Comment

• Ok tahj

Comment

• Originally posted by King Sully View Post
            Reese said he and jd will fight for the spot
            I think Richburg be starting somewhere this year, even if it's not center. Nevertheless, he's most likely our future center.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Yippee we got Bromley, Dennard, Behre, and Jackson!!!
              Last edited by nycsportzfan; 05-10-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• I'm sorry but our draft overall pretty much stinks.. Obviously thats just on paper opinion, but when you got 7picks and your picking as early as you picked in some time, and you come away with Beckham, Richburg, Bromley, Williams, Behre, Dennard, and B.Jackson, its just dosen't make me think our future is super bright..

Bennett Jackson at one time was a 2nd rd prospect whos just slowley watched his draft stock fall outta the entire draft all together.. He never even lived up to his promise at ND to be honest.. Kennard is ok as a under sized DE.. Hes not a SLB though... Even then, hes OK, nothing special... I honestly could care less about having most of these guys on the team...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  I Kennard is ok as a under sized DE.. Hes not a SLB though...
                  Hes exactly what you want at SLB.

I still say its not a pretty draft, but 4 of these guys are going to be playing a lot of snaps this season.

Bekcham and Richburg are going to probably be starters pretty early on, Bromley is going to be a key rotation guy behind Jenkins, and Kennard very well may start at SAM later in the year.

The DBs will be key ST players, and both may see some snaps depending on health and suspensions,.
                  Last edited by slipknottin; 05-10-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    Hes exactly what you want at SLB.
                    He was better as a hand in the dirt DE, then he was playing outside LB.. All he is , is a situational pass rusher. Ive been watching the dude for 3yrs...

Comment

• Slip says Devon kennard, a guy who was probably barley on anyones draft board and is one dimensional situational pass rusher is exactly what you want at SLB...lol

Comment

Slip says Devon kennard, a guy who was probably barley on anyones draft board and is one dimensional situational pass rusher is exactly what you want at SLB...lol
                        What draft boards was he not on?

I dont see a situational pass rusher, I see a 3-4 SAM, which is what he will be with the giants
                        Last edited by slipknottin; 05-10-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I said Barley on any.. Definetly not on any that suggest hes exactly what you want from your SLB...lol Then again, why would anyone want a guy who can't cover litteraly at all, and all he can do is run straight line to the QB as a starting SLB is beyond me anyways?

Comment

• If anything, hes gonna be a undersized DE who plays situationally.

Comment

I said Barley on any..
                              So which ones wasent he? I can keep asking.

He is exactly what I would look for in a 3-4 SAM. Some pass rush ability, but length and strength to stand up against a TE and jam him.

Comment

I dont see a situational pass rusher, I see a 3-4 SAM, which is what he will be with the giants
                                I said barley on any draft boards, meaning deep and far far down the list is where you find Devon Kennard, which is fair anyways, the guys done nothing his entire career before this past season, which they tried to stand em up but felt he was better suited playing DE then 3/4 OLB... I guess it makes sense, as all the guy can do is run in a straight line to the QB, so playing SLB and telling him to go get the QB is probably ur best bet at getting production outta him...

Comment

Working...
                                X