No announcement yet.

***OFFICIAL DAY 2 DRAFT THREAD***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All i Know is if any one of us built this same draft in the mock threads, anyone who commented would not care for it, or would at least say we could do better.. Probably laugh at the Bromley pick...

Comment

• We could of had one of the best TE's in the draft, it actually played to our favor with ASJ going off the board first, oh well.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
      @Katdaddyjay 17h
      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        It doesnt matter how Kiwi or SIntim worked out, look at the type of player they were, what skill set they had.

You dont necessarily need a guy with pass rush skill, thats a bonus. But you need a thick bodied guy who can stand at the point of attack against a TE. A guy who can control a TE off the snap.
        Kennard wont make the team slip.. Sorry to tell yah. Remeber this conversation this summer. hes useless..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Kennard wont make the team slip.. Sorry to tell yah. Remeber this conversation this summer. hes useless..
          Ill remember. Of course injuries can change anything, but thats not a talent or fit issue

Comment

• Beckham - A-
            Richburg - A-
            Bromley - C
            Williams - B+
            Berhe - B
            Kennard - B
            Jackson - B-

I give our overall grade a B/B+. We got two great players in Beckham and Richburg, both of whom can be starters for many years for us. Bromley was a bit of a reach, but having a guy in the DT rotation is a good thing. Williams is not a pass catcher, but he is not supposed to be one; we have Jennings and Wilson for that. Berhe is really a sleeper pick for us; dude reminds me of Will Hill with their play style. Kennard is a talented player who can have a place as a backup SAM LB. Bennett Jackson can play CB or S and do some work on special teams.

I do not know why people expect to get starters with every pick. We got 2 starters in OBJ and Weston. We got at least 2 solid backup players in Bromley and Williams. Berhe can have a big role as a backup if Hill is suspended. Kennard can be a backup SAM LB. Jackson can be a solid ST guy.

There is still the UDFA period and still a bunch of players who are FAs on the market to fill the rest of the roster. People need to chill on thinking we are supposed to get 7 starters. Also, people need to stop looking at draft projections so much. Guys like Nix and Roberson were top 60 picks, and both went much later than expected (with Roberson not even drafted yet) - they fall for a reason.

Comment

• Sam!

Comment

All i Know is if any one of us built this same draft in the mock threads, anyone who commented would not care for it, or would at least say we could do better.. Probably laugh at the Bromley pick...
                Bromley is the sexy pick.
                2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                  they're drunks
                  Not the biggest fan of Davis but Daniel Jeremiah is one of the better analysts I think.

It's way too early to tell. I could be an F draft or an A+... only time will tell
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• The more I walked away from the draft for alittle while, i'm fine with it. The additons of a fantastic Undrafted FA class helps. Now that we got Bromley, i'm done thinking about him as not being value and just as a DT I liked as a sleeper and we got.. Richburg completes the Oline makeover , and at best, Beckham become are own version of Randall Cobb, and at worst, hes good depth at WR.. Andre Williams will do his part as a bruising RB, and hopefully one of Jackson and/or Dennard helps.. Oh ya, the S from S.Diego St actually does look decent...

Comment

The more I walked away from the draft for alittle while, i'm fine with it. The additons of a fantastic Undrafted FA class helps. Now that we got Bromley, i'm done thinking about him as not being value and just as a DT I liked as a sleeper and we got.. Richburg completes the Oline makeover , and at best, Beckham become are own version of Randall Cobb, and at worst, hes good depth at WR.. Andre Williams will do his part as a bruising RB, and hopefully one of Jackson and/or Dennard helps.. Oh ya, the S from S.Diego St actually does look decent...
                      If you go by (perceived) value its a pretty average draft, but if you go by which players they added and if they will contribute early on, its a damn good draft. Probably 4 guys who will be starting early in their careers with the first four picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        If you go by (perceived) value its a pretty average draft, but if you go by which players they added and if they will contribute early on, its a damn good draft. Probably 4 guys who will be starting early in their careers with the first four picks.
                        We needed a center really bad. I find it funny how all we heard all offseason is how Reese ignored the Oline then he makes an effort to give the line depth and he gets bashed for that.

Also the TE situation which is awful , I think Grimble was a better prospect then some of the guys that are being mentioned like Lynch. I think people will be surprised by him.

Comment

• Can anyone tell my why Jackson Jeffcoat was not a primary target for the Giants in the UDFA pool, you would think that with his production plus our needs he would of been signed almost immediately

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                            Can anyone tell my why Jackson Jeffcoat was not a primary target for the Giants in the UDFA pool, you would think that with his production plus our needs he would of been signed almost immediately
                            Maybe he was. Lots of competition over these guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              Sam!
                              I wonder if Michael will play SAM for the Rams.

Lame joke, I know.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                We needed a center really bad. I find it funny how all we heard all offseason is how Reese ignored the Oline then he makes an effort to give the line depth and he gets bashed for that.

Also the TE situation which is awful , I think Grimble was a better prospect then some of the guys that are being mentioned like Lynch. I think people will be surprised by him.
                                I agree all the way. I'm not going to lie.... I was SUPER pissed JR didn't draft a TE in this talented core of TE's but Grimble was a dude that was HIGHLY underrated and the fact that he was a UDFA only solidifies the draft. JR crushed it with Grimble and Quarles for UDFA lol
                                sigpic
                                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                                ________________________________________________________
                                Mock Draft
                                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                                ________________________________________________________
                                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Working...
                                X