Jets made a good pick at TE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets made a good pick at TE

Turns out when that guy played for Tubberville as a Soph he did a lot of blocking (the knock on him)

Claims to have pancaked 18-20 guys that year

After Tubberville left A@M the emphasis shifted to the passing game with Johnny Football

Amaro?

Comment

You are confused sir, amaro went to texas tech.

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
        You are confused sir

Tubberville was the coach at Texas Tech
        But I have no idea what A&M and johnny football have to do with anything.

Maybe he meant the 'other' TE the jets drafted
        Last edited by slipknottin; 05-12-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
          Turns out when that guy played for Tubberville as a Soph he did a lot of blocking (the knock on him)

After Tubberville left A@M the emphasis shifted to the passing game with Johnny Football

This post shows a high level of not knowing what your talking about.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            This post shows a high level of not knowing what your talking about.
            everything about it is wrong..

Comment

All the Texas schools are the same right? That kid did a good job blocking for Vince Young. Go Merika!
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Dude, you are an embarrassment. Please take some time off from creating threads.

Comment

SMFH.

Comment

Amaro was a good pick for the Jets though. They drafted keller previously who was very good now Amaro. Plus they have chris johnson now in the backfield, dee millner, some nice players especially along the dline too. I like the Jets drafts, from the Mangold, Fergusons, Muhammed Wilkerson, etc. They draft very well.

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
                      You are confused sir, amaro went to texas tech.
                      Amaro played for Texas Tech under Tubberville as a sophomore.

The pre-draft knock on Amaro was he was not a blocking TE in college......I'n an interview I heard from his own mouth that he loved blocking and after Tubberville left, TE blocking was de-emphasized

He was there for the taking and Jerry Reese seems to have anti-TE disease......with a little research we might have uncovered the old Sophmore tapes.

The Jets seem to be surging as our team flounders a bit of late
                      Last edited by BParcells777; 05-12-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Amaro played for Texas A&M under Tubberville as a sophomore.

The pre-draft knock on Amaro was he was not a blocking TE in college......I'n an interview I heard from his own mouth that he loved blocking and after Tubberville left, TE blocking was de-emphasized

He was there for the taking and Jerry Reese seems to have anti-TE disease......with a little research we might have uncovered the old Sophmore tapes.

The Jets seem to be surging as our team flounders of late
                        No. He played for tubberville at Texas tech as a sophomore.

Tubberville has never been the head coach at A&M

The knock on amaro was off field stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          No. He played for tubberville at Texas tech as a sophomore.

Tubberville has never been the head coach at A&M

The knock on amaro was off field stuff.
                          Nah it was his blocking prowess (maybe both) ....if indeed he had off field issues, well we were only drafting choirboys this year due to the Will Hill incident

He himself admitted this in his post draft interview- the blocking critic

Thus the comment about how he was used as a Sophomore

Comment

Nah it was his blocking prowess (maybe both) ....if indeed he had off field issues, well we were only drafting choirboys this year due to the Will Hill incident

How do you expect to be taken seriously when you never know what the h*** you're talking about?
                            2017 Draft Wishlist:
                            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Amaro has been arrested once and was ejected from a bowl game in 2012 for punching an opposing player right in front of the ref(ala Lagarrt Blount)

He had the smallest hands in the entire TE class.

His level of competition was horrific. Many of the defenses he played were among the worst in the nation.

He cant block and only really lined up as a slot receiver in college.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X