Do you think TE Colt is worth the risk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    And restaurant work is now only my part-time job. Or as I like to call it my student loan job, lol.
    Drez, I apologize for the prior comment I made. It was uncalled for.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
      Drez, I apologize for the prior comment I made. It was uncalled for.
      Is all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
        Repetion doesn't equal truth. I work at restaurant on the weekends. I just mention this because if you need some tin foil for a new hat, I can totally score some for you dirt cheap.
        this is totally hilarious. so, any "conspiracy theory" relegates a person into wearing tin foil hats huh...you can believe what you want to believe on anything. im' not even discussing a specific "theory", but lets just say that the gulf of Tonken (sp?) was a conspiracy theory at 1 time.Operation AJAX was a conspiracy theory at one time. Operation Gladio was a conspiracy theory at one point. Project Paper Clip was a conspiracy theory at one point. All these things have been unequivically proven.

just the use of the term "conspiracy theory" and the use to put some one down, is nothing more than a result of indoctrination. so i doubt this post is going to sit well with you on any level, and, probably will get a similar retort to the one given to the other poster for merely stating that this Colt guy has the right to believe whatever he wants and that this COlt guy at the least has actually done some research i guess in forming his opinion. whether his opinion is wrong or right, he at least has that for him, whereas, typically, the person resorting to the whole "conspiracy theorist" insult almost never even has that going (any bit of the slightest research on a topic). typically, and not saying this about you, but its a close minded individual who cannot believe that reality could go beyond what his understanding of it to be (and his understanding is almost always based entirely off of manipulated sources), and thus, no research or evidence is needed to put down a differing theory because their brain simply cannot register it...because its closed.

but, i could go on and on. just a pet peeve of mine when i see the whole "i can get you tin foil" as a means to put a person down. if you'd like, you could PM me on any subject really, and I'd bet i've read extensively on the topic. you'd actually be surprised at the ACTUAL history and the history we are taught. if you work at a restaurant a lot, you prob dont have as much time to research and read on topics, which even if you did have the time, whose to say thats an interest of yours. its not in anyone else i've known aside from myself. so, i dunno why you feel you can act as an authority on any topic that you label conspiracy theory, that is unless you've actually gotten dirty and done the required research into said topic...or are you just basing your belief on "what you feel" has to be right? bc my friend, that can and is manipulated often, intentionally.

edit-lets put it this way, if Operation Northwoods doesn't register or mean anything to you, like if you dont know what that means, i'd rethink the whole "i'll call someone a conspiracy theorist." there are a bunch of stone cold facts/reality of the matter that gets labeled conspiracy theory. PM if you're interested in spit balling on some of them with me. and that doesnt include the sensitve topics like Sandy Hook.
        Last edited by giantsfan420; 05-22-2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          So to sum up the opinions you have stated in this thread:

(1) Sandy Hook Elementary never really happened; it was a hoax and the parents who claim to have lost children in that tragedy are liars; and

(2) People who work in restaurants lack education and are ignorant.

No wonder you are a Colt Lyeria fan . . . .
          can I just ask you, have you actually done ANY research on the topic. ANY at all? is what the news tell you all you need to base your opinion and then believe it to be fact? mind you, i'm not even claiming one way or the other about whatever the topic is you guys are revolving around.

just hilarious how often i see people act as an authority on a subject without absolutely one iota of time invested into actually researching on said topic from an unbiased stance...i wont speak to sandy hook bc thats obviously a sensitive topic. but i can speak to other instances where there was 100% factual evidence that warranted further thought that when people were aware of it, completely changed their mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            this is totally hilarious. so, any "conspiracy theory" relegates a person into wearing tin foil hats huh...you can believe what you want to believe on anything. im' not even discussing a specific "theory", but lets just say that the gulf of Tonken (sp?) was a conspiracy theory at 1 time.Operation AJAX was a conspiracy theory at one time. Operation Gladio was a conspiracy theory at one point. Project Paper Clip was a conspiracy theory at one point. All these things have been unequivically proven.

just the use of the term "conspiracy theory" and the use to put some one down, is nothing more than a result of indoctrination. so i doubt this post is going to sit well with you on any level, and, probably will get a similar retort to the one given to the other poster for merely stating that this Colt guy has the right to believe whatever he wants and that this COlt guy at the least has actually done some research i guess in forming his opinion. whether his opinion is wrong or right, he at least has that for him, whereas, typically, the person resorting to the whole "conspiracy theorist" insult almost never even has that going (any bit of the slightest research on a topic). typically, and not saying this about you, but its a close minded individual who cannot believe that reality could go beyond what his understanding of it to be (and his understanding is almost always based entirely off of manipulated sources), and thus, no research or evidence is needed to put down a differing theory because their brain simply cannot register it...because its closed.

but, i could go on and on. just a pet peeve of mine when i see the whole "i can get you tin foil" as a means to put a person down. if you'd like, you could PM me on any subject really, and I'd bet i've read extensively on the topic. you'd actually be surprised at the ACTUAL history and the history we are taught. if you work at a restaurant a lot, you prob dont have as much time to research and read on topics, which even if you did have the time, whose to say thats an interest of yours. its not in anyone else i've known aside from myself. so, i dunno why you feel you can act as an authority on any topic that you label conspiracy theory, that is unless you've actually gotten dirty and done the required research into said topic...or are you just basing your belief on "what you feel" has to be right? bc my friend, that can and is manipulated often, intentionally.

edit-lets put it this way, if Operation Northwoods doesn't register or mean anything to you, like if you dont know what that means, i'd rethink the whole "i'll call someone a conspiracy theorist." there are a bunch of stone cold facts/reality of the matter that gets labeled conspiracy theory. PM if you're interested in spit balling on some of them with me. and that doesnt include the sensitve topics like Sandy Hook.
            Very valid and objective points. We cannot blindly believe on faith what all the major TV, media, news networks, politicians and the government reports to the public. There are 5 major conglomerates that own ALL the cable and written news networks in the U.S. ( 5 ) . I have many close friends that have been in very high levels of the military, colleagues at NASA, my uncle was a retired General & Spec Ops in the military for 30 years....the things that go on that we as a nation are not even aware of is truly mindboggling. Hence Wikileaks, which some may either like or dislike, and many other independent reporting agencies that are not controlled by the big 5 use the internet as a means of reporting news and information to the public.

My family always said 80% of what's reported in the news or government is bs, and the other 20% may be true, LOL !
            Last edited by BigBlueBoricua; 05-23-2014, 09:40 AM.
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

can I just ask you, have you actually done ANY research on the topic. ANY at all? is what the news tell you all you need to base your opinion and then believe it to be fact? mind you, i'm not even claiming one way or the other about whatever the topic is you guys are revolving around.

just hilarious how often i see people act as an authority on a subject without absolutely one iota of time invested into actually researching on said topic from an unbiased stance...i wont speak to sandy hook bc thats obviously a sensitive topic. but i can speak to other instances where there was 100% factual evidence that warranted further thought that when people were aware of it, completely changed their mind...
              You think that I need to do research on whether or not the children that were reported to be killed at Sandy Hook Elementary were really killed? How exactly would you propose that I do that? Should I exhume the graves of those children and do my own DNA testing?

Sorry, but my own brain tells me that the idea that Sandy Hook never really happened . . . that it was just a giant conspiracy between the government and the news media, which presumably involved hundreds of people (none of whom has leaked a single word about it) . . . is just ****ing stupid.

I could not care less about any of the other conspiracy theories that you have obviously immersed yourself in. All I am talking about is this idiot's tweet that the parents of the children killed at Sandy Hook elementary are liars. Even you recognize that Sandy Hook is a "sensitive topic", so you must realize that a person who tweets that the parents of the Sandy Hook victims are liars has shown, at the very least, a startling lack of judgment. In my opinion, that tweet also possibly shows signs of some limited intelligence and/or mental disorder. You obviously disagree about that.

The whole disagreement here is not whether or not the guy has a right to his opinion . . . of course he does. The disagreement is whether or not the Giants (or any team) has a right to consider that opinion in deciding whether or not to hire the guy. My opinion is that they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                You think that I need to do research on whether or not the children that were reported to be killed at Sandy Hook Elementary were really killed? How exactly would you propose that I do that? Should I exhume the graves of those children and do my own DNA testing?

Sorry, but my own brain tells me that the idea that Sandy Hook never really happened . . . that it was just a giant conspiracy between the government and the news media, which presumably involved hundreds of people (none of whom has leaked a single word about it) . . . is just ****ing stupid.

I could not care less about any of the other conspiracy theories that you have obviously immersed yourself in. All I am talking about is this idiot's tweet that the parents of the children killed at Sandy Hook elementary are liars. Even you recognize that Sandy Hook is a "sensitive topic", so you must realize that a person who tweets that the parents of the Sandy Hook victims are liars has shown, at the very least, a startling lack of judgment. In my opinion, that tweet also possibly shows signs of some limited intelligence and/or mental disorder. You obviously disagree about that.

The whole disagreement here is not whether or not the guy has a right to his opinion . . . of course he does. The disagreement is whether or not the Giants (or any team) has a right to consider that opinion in deciding whether or not to hire the guy. My opinion is that they do.
                or, in other words, "No, I have not done the slightest bit of research in any form from an unbiased stance. What I feel reality has to be like, is the way reality has to be, because things cannot be beyond the realm of how I see it from an uneducated stance."

I'm not discussing sandy hook either, at all. "my own brain tells me..." is one of the quickest, and easiest ways at indoctrination and manipulation, fwiw. you could very well be right in this case, but, you have no reason to act as an authority, as again, this colt guy, i dont even know him or of the tweets u speak of, from what i read in the post, has at least claimed to have done some research into it. "my own brain tells me" is about as big a logical fallacy as there can be, and really, can be reduced down to nothing more than, "it has to be my way."

it boils down to this:

either the gov't has never lied, and a sensitive incident such as Sandy Hook, has never been staged for hidden motives

or,

the gov't has, on some level, lied and staged at least 1 sensitive incident

if its option 2, then, one should have no reason to take issue if an individual challenges the validity. but if a person believes option 1, then, theres no reason to challenge any potential scenario that could ultimately be misleading.

for me, I know 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, that option 2 is accurate. but, thats me. but we are WAYYYYYYY beyond the realm of football. i hope i didnt disrespect anyone if i did, my bad. sometimes i overreact. its an interesting topic tho so if anyone wishs to discuss this further, just PM me i guess. i mean, not for nothing, but there are beyond a shadow of a doubt, cold hard facts about the particular topic that, when one becomes aware of it, has no choice but to question wtf is up with that. i wont pretend to know if sandy hook did or didnt happen. but, lets say I can confidently say there are some very conspicuous "coincidence" that can, again, be proven beyond any shadow of a doubt. i wont claim parents are lying and no child died etc, but i can make claims supported by complete and utter documented fact surrounding the incident. and thats why there are people with differing mindsets than to just accept it.

does that mean I need tin foil? i dont even care about the topic and whose right or not. i just know that the use of the term conspiracy theorist when applied to someone in a manner that puts said person down, its almost always a result of indoctrination, one way or the other.

Comment

• and finally, just because it goes beyond what you feel could be possible, doesn't mean it isn't the actual reality of the situation. not just about this topic, but on anything and everything. good hearted people can never believe a person would do willing harm to another, and, that's how people get taken advantage of.

Comment

• Wow . . . just wow.

Comment

• Unbelievable. In a rush to get off loquacious rants, some of you fail to realize that conspiracy theories were secondary, tertiary or irrelevant entirely to what was being discussed.

You ever think that the main issue on hand was that regardless of what he believed in, it wasn't his place to publicly lambaste something that would possibly offend people, not just those who lost children at Sandy Hook but of any school shooting?

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                        Unbelievable. In a rush to get off loquacious rants, some of you fail to realize that conspiracy theories were secondary, tertiary or irrelevant entirely to what was being discussed.

You ever think that the main issue on hand was that regardless of what he believed in, it wasn't his place to publicly lambaste something that would possibly offend people, not just those who lost children at Sandy Hook but of any school shooting?
                        This is really it in a nutshell.

Its why I said Lewan wasn't going to be considered at a spick here either.

There are guys who have been on record doing or saying really controversial things. NYC is the media capital of the world, and use the word media loosely to describe what is more like Paper***i. In 2006, the NYC "media" was in such an uproar over Strahan's divorce and contract talks they had half the posters on this board hating his guts and wanting him cut. I couldn't believe it. This was perhaps the most likable player and public representative this team has ever had, and the media somehow managed to turn him into a bad guy, over nothing. Imagine what they would do if they got ahold of this kid, or Lewan, or anyone who has done or said some really controversial things in the past.

The Giants have to consider these things because it is a reality of their world. Most NFL franchises do not have these concerns.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                          Unbelievable. In a rush to get off loquacious rants, some of you fail to realize that conspiracy theories were secondary, tertiary or irrelevant entirely to what was being discussed.

This! +100!

Lyerla's belief in conspiracy theories isn't the issue. Getting on social media and calling the the parents of kids that were killed in a school shooting liars is the issue, especially when school/mass shootings in this country are a major problem.
                          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

or, in other words, "No, I have not done the slightest bit of research in any form from an unbiased stance. What I feel reality has to be like, is the way reality has to be, because things cannot be beyond the realm of how I see it from an uneducated stance."

I'm not discussing sandy hook either, at all. "my own brain tells me..." is one of the quickest, and easiest ways at indoctrination and manipulation, fwiw. you could very well be right in this case, but, you have no reason to act as an authority, as again, this colt guy, i dont even know him or of the tweets u speak of, from what i read in the post, has at least claimed to have done some research into it. "my own brain tells me" is about as big a logical fallacy as there can be, and really, can be reduced down to nothing more than, "it has to be my way."

it boils down to this:

either the gov't has never lied, and a sensitive incident such as Sandy Hook, has never been staged for hidden motives

or,

the gov't has, on some level, lied and staged at least 1 sensitive incident

if its option 2, then, one should have no reason to take issue if an individual challenges the validity. but if a person believes option 1, then, theres no reason to challenge any potential scenario that could ultimately be misleading.

for me, I know 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, that option 2 is accurate. but, thats me. but we are WAYYYYYYY beyond the realm of football. i hope i didnt disrespect anyone if i did, my bad. sometimes i overreact. its an interesting topic tho so if anyone wishs to discuss this further, just PM me i guess. i mean, not for nothing, but there are beyond a shadow of a doubt, cold hard facts about the particular topic that, when one becomes aware of it, has no choice but to question wtf is up with that. i wont pretend to know if sandy hook did or didnt happen. but, lets say I can confidently say there are some very conspicuous "coincidence" that can, again, be proven beyond any shadow of a doubt. i wont claim parents are lying and no child died etc, but i can make claims supported by complete and utter documented fact surrounding the incident. and thats why there are people with differing mindsets than to just accept it.

does that mean I need tin foil? i dont even care about the topic and whose right or not. i just know that the use of the term conspiracy theorist when applied to someone in a manner that puts said person down, its almost always a result of indoctrination, one way or the other.
                            It means you've done and smoked yourself ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                            X