No announcement yet.

Do you think TE Colt is worth the risk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think TE Colt is worth the risk?

Hes obviously a gifted athlete and was considered a future 1st round talent. He has had many issues and is drug past is recorded.

Now how do you guys feel about giving him a shot as an UDFA with a rookie minimum. giants have a strong organization that could give this kid the stability he lacked at Oregon.

What do you all think?

I prefer Pepsi.
    2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
    2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
    3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
    4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
    5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
    6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
    7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Considering our new push for team Captains, he may not be a good fit. I would love to see him signed as a situational pass catcher. Low Risk, High Reward.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPride13 View Post
        giants have a strong organization that could give this kid the stability he lacked at Oregon.

What do you all think?
        Will Hill

Comment

We will stick with what we got unless a proven talent comes along. No need to take a chance on some project kid with off the field issues.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Agree.. Don't you find it odd that even some of the teams know for signing those type players with off field issues have not even reached out to him to offer an UDFA contract. That's saying something
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

This kid may need to take a year off and "show me". Apply for the supplemental draft as a reinvented, polished NFL football player. I sincerely hope so.

Comment

Here is an article on him from yesterday

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ted-free-agent

(I know it's bleacher report, but . . . . )

The thing I find interesting about the article is that there is not a single mention in that article about the kid getting his act together. If it said that he's been clean and spent time in a treatment center or something like that, you might be able to justify giving him a chance. (Then again, it's the bleacher report, so maybe they just missed that part).

Quite frankly, his tweets about Sandy Hook elementary are more disturbing than his drug use. How do you think that would play here in NY? You can't fix crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  We will stick with what we got unless a proven talent comes along. No need to take a chance on some project kid with off the field issues.
                  He sure has issues but I wouldnt say hes a project, hes kindve like Burfict where he has issues but can contribute day 1, he wouldnt be the only UDFA we sign this year with off the field issues (quarles)
                  "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                  - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Putting aside Lyerla's coke issues, his conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school shooting wouldn't play well in New York. The last thing the Giants need is some loose cannon in the biggest media market in the country going on about government conspiracies.
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I'd sign him with no hesitation. Kids make mistakes and do stupid things all the time. I think he's talented enough to gamble on, put him through camp and see what happens. If he screws up, you just cut him. If he doesnt, you got the absolute biggest steal of the draft. Ive been mentioning his name for weeks now. I know his past, but we have no TE and if theres just a small window of hope, Id say its worth the risk
                      2017 Draft Wishlist:
                      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                        Putting aside Lyerla's coke issues, his conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school shooting wouldn't play well in New York. The last thing the Giants need is some loose cannon in the biggest media market in the country going on about government conspiracies.
                        There have been many other more prominent figures that have also expressed their opinions about Sandy Hook being a conspiracy. I personally know some people that know some people that have expressed very disturbing factual info. Some their opinions have been leaked on Google. Regardless, he has the right to have whatever political / conspiracy opinion he believes in.

His opinions have absolutely nothing to do with football. Every one has their own. His personal conduct and drug problems should only be relevant to the NFL..
                        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                          I'd sign him with no hesitation. Kids make mistakes and do stupid things all the time. I think he's talented enough to gamble on, put him through camp and see what happens. If he screws up, you just cut him. If he doesnt, you got the absolute biggest steal of the draft. Ive been mentioning his name for weeks now. I know his past, but we have no TE and if theres just a small window of hope, Id say its worth the risk
                          I agree, look at how well Burfict turned out for Cincy and he did just as much if not more dumb stuff in college and leading up to the draft, if Reese signs him he looks like a genius at the end of the season. Plus with all the team captains we drafted theres going to be a considerable amount of added leadership to keep him in check.
                          "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                          - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                            There have been many other more prominent figures that have also expressed their opinions about Sandy Hook being a conspiracy. I personally know some people that know some people that have expressed very disturbing factual info. Some their opinions have been leaked on Google. Regardless, he has the right to have whatever political / conspiracy opinion he believes in.

His opinions have absolutely nothing to do with football. Every one has their own. His personal conduct and drug problems should only be relevant to the NFL..
                            And we have the right not to sign cokeheads with ridiculous and offensive conspiracy theories about a mass murder of children in our backyard. See how this freedom thing works?

**** him.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              And we have the right not to sign cokeheads with ridiculous and offensive conspiracy theories about a mass murder of children in our backyard. See how this freedom thing works?

**** him.
                              Exactly, its his freedom of speech, as it is yours to say what you think. More importantly, If our FO is hesitant enough to not draft a TE this year, then they can at least have the balls to roll the dice on someone who could be the steal of the year.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:
                              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X