Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Donald better than Bromley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I really dont give a **** what the stats or analcysts say. The proof will be on the field and also if OB is a great player for the Gmen then it matters not what Evans does or doesnt do.
    Its all speculation at this point anyway
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by gurujot View Post
      http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jet...he-jets-select

      http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...6-a7053fc40db8
      (look at what Gil Brandt and Pete Prisco had to say)

      thats pullled from the first page of google proabably could find more
      Here is Gil Brandt's pre draft player rankings.

      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft


      Mike Evans is # 7
      ODB is # 15

      Here is Pete Prisco's pre draft Mock

      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/m...rt/pete-prisco

      He predicted Evans to go 7th and ODB 15th.


      As to your Jets link, Rich Cimini he covers the Jets for ESPNnewyork.com. He is not an NFL analyst, he is a blogger. That is hardly an opinion that verifies your claim.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
        Simply not true. Greg Cosell from NFL films had ODB as the second in his personal rankings. As did many teams in the top 10 this year. Im far too lazy to post links but a google search will confirm both.
        I've seen a lot of Cosell's stuff this offseason. It is true he liked ODB and he wasn't as high on Evans as some others. But I can find no link to anything where he has ODB as the #2 ranked WR. In fact, near as I can find, he has Watkins as the clear #1 and says the 2nd best guy, in his opinion might be FSU's Kelvin Benjamin, followed by Evans.

        However, his rankings are hard to discern because he categorizes them into groups ei Big WRs, Precision WRs, and speed guys. He did have ODB as the 2nd ranked precision guy though. Considering how he said Watkins was the clear #1 wr and how he had ODB as the #2 precision guy behind LEE, I do not see how it is mathmatically possible for Cosell to have him as the #2 WR in the draft.

        Perhaps I am missing something? Could you provide a link?

        *edit* Ok I just found this article by Cosell. He is explaining why ODB might be a better pick for the bucs despite "evans being a consensus better overall player"

        http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/5/6/5...the-buccaneers

        So no. Cosell absolutely did not have ODB over Evans. He clearly calls Evans the better overall player.
        Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-20-2014, 12:21 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by gurujot View Post
          http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jet...he-jets-select

          http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...6-a7053fc40db8
          (look at what Gil Brandt and Pete Prisco had to say)

          thats pullled from the first page of google proabably could find more
          Bro…

          http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap20...14-draft-class

          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...prospects-list

          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ad-draft-class

          http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...am-should-take

          http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...z-into-round-1

          1. You posted a link of who the Jets would pick at 18, which is a horrible reference since that writer thinks OBJ is a 15-20 prospect, but goes on to say that he thinks he is the better of the two? He… then goes on to make a mock and homerishly mocks OBJ at the Jets pick with Evans who in his mind is Inferior to OBJ at 9.

          http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-final-version

          2. In any of the mocks from version 1.0-3.0 for Gil Bandt is OBJ>M.Evans nor for Prisco.

          I am sorry but it is a pet peeve of mines when people just click on the first online source that seems convenient to their argument without doing the necessary research. I have looked at a lot of mocks, top 50-100's and I cannot recall one where Evans was rated lower than OBJ. I have seen him 3rd behind Lee/Watkins but never 3rd behind OBJ.

          Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            Bro…

            http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap20...14-draft-class

            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...prospects-list

            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ad-draft-class

            http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...am-should-take

            http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...z-into-round-1

            1. You posted a link of who the Jets would pick at 18, which is a horrible reference since that writer thinks OBJ is a 15-20 prospect, but goes on to say that he thinks he is the better of the two? He… then goes on to make a mock and homerishly mocks OBJ at the Jets pick with Evans who in his mind is Inferior to OBJ at 9.

            http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-final-version

            2. In any of the mocks from version 1.0-3.0 for Gil Bandt is OBJ>M.Evans nor for Prisco.

            I am sorry but it is a pet peeve of mines when people just click on the first online source that seems convenient to their argument without doing the necessary research. I have looked at a lot of mocks, top 50-100's and I cannot recall one where Evans was rated lower than OBJ. I have seen him 3rd behind Lee/Watkins but never 3rd behind OBJ.
            I know when to admit Im wrong, this may be situation where I did talk a bit out of my ***
            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
            - Marshawn Lynch

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              I've seen a lot of Cosell's stuff this offseason. It is true he liked ODB and he wasn't as high on Evans as some others. But I can find no link to anything where he has ODB as the #2 ranked WR. In fact, near as I can find, he has Watkins as the clear #1 and says the 2nd best guy, in his opinion might be FSU's Kelvin Benjamin, followed by Evans.

              However, his rankings are hard to discern because he categorizes them into groups ei Big WRs, Precision WRs, and speed guys. He did have ODB as the 2nd ranked precision guy though. Considering how he said Watkins was the clear #1 wr and how he had ODB as the #2 precision guy behind LEE, I do not see how it is mathmatically possible for Cosell to have him as the #2 WR in the draft.

              Perhaps I am missing something? Could you provide a link?

              *edit* Ok I just found this article by Cosell. He is explaining why ODB might be a better pick for the bucs despite "evans being a consensus better overall player"

              http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/5/6/5...the-buccaneers

              So no. Cosell absolutely did not have ODB over Evans. He clearly calls Evans the better overall player.
              I actually listened to Cosell's podcast on the WR's in this draft in which he had ODB as his clear second rated WR. I remember him also saying that Kelvin Benjamin was more naturally athletic than Evans and that he perferred him at the end of round one to Evans.

              With that said, I can't find the transcript to that podcast anywhere, however I did find a link on rotoworld:

              "Giants selected LSU WR Odell Beckham with the No. 12 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.
              The Giants have been hinting they aren't sold on Rueben Randle as Hakeem Nicks' replacement. Now it's confirmed. Beckham (5-foot-11 1/4, 198) reminds of a bigger, faster Antonio Brown on college film. He's also drawn Greg Jennings comparisons. Displaying pro-ready route-running chops and separation skills, Beckham caught 143 passes in three seasons in Baton Rouge, gaining 2,340 yards (16.4 YPR) with 12 touchdowns. He added two punt-return scores. Confirming his explosive athleticism in Indy, Beckham ran 4.43 with a 38 1/2-inch vertical. NFL Films' Greg Cosell ranked Beckham as this year's No. 2 receiver prospect behind only Sammy Watkins. Beckham is a good bet to make noise in year one, both as an outside receiver and home-run threat on returns."

              Also, I read that a number of top 10 teams had ODB over Evans. I found this also on ODB's player page on rotoworld:

              "League sources tell WGR 550 in Buffalo's Joe Buscaglia that the Bills are "very serious" about potentially drafting Odell Beckham at No. 9 overall.
              Barring several surprise moves in the top eight, Buscaglia believes the Bills will end up deciding between Beckham and North Carolina TE Eric Ebron. In the event Buffalo traded down, it could target Notre Dame G/T Zack Martin, per Buscaglia. As for Beckham, Buscaglia suggests there is "some thought" ODB is the Bills' No. 2-rated receiver, behind only Sammy Watkins and ahead of Mike Evans. If the Bills drafted Beckham, Stevie Johnson could be shown the door."

              Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/9403/odell-beckham

              Regardless, its fair to assume the difference between Evans and ODB in terms of prospects is a lot close than Watkins to Evans. This was a good value pick for the Giants. The media took a lot longer to catch up on ODB, scouts had him ranked highly all along.

              Comment


              • #52
                Donald has an extremely quick first step, he is very explosive, freak athlete, game changer, and just an absolute terror from the DT position.

                The only thing that Bromley has "better" than him is his more prototypical size.

                That being said I am still a big Bromley fan but Donald is a machine!
                sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                __________________________________________________ ______
                Mock Draft
                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                __________________________________________________ ______
                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                  I actually listened to Cosell's podcast on the WR's in this draft in which he had ODB as his clear second rated WR.
                  Don't tell us, please provide a link. I provided plenty of them including 1 where he clearly rated Evans above Odell and says "Evans is the better overall player."

                  Keep in mind that article was 2 days before the draft(May 6th). So if you have a link that isn't more updated than that, it is obsolete.

                  Again, I am not knocking the pick at all. ODB will be an awesome player for us if all else goes well. His stats may also exceed Evans a lot because we have other guys to take the load. Furthermore, there is a real case you can make the ODB may bet a better fit for Eli. But saying he was a better prospect coming into the draft is untrue. Evans was higher on every analysts board that I have found, and I have seen a lot.
                  Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-21-2014, 05:06 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    Don't tell us, please provide a link. I provided plenty of them including 1 where he clearly rated Evans above Odell and says "Evans is the better overall player."

                    Keep in mind that article was 2 days before the draft(May 6th). So if you have a link that isn't more updated than that, it is obsolete.

                    Again, I am not knocking the pick at all. ODB will be an awesome player for us if all else goes well. His stats may also exceed Evans a lot because we have other guys to take the load. Furthermore, there is a real case you can make the ODB may bet a better fit for Eli. But saying he was a better prospect coming into the draft is untrue. Evans was higher on every analysts board that I have found, and I have seen a lot.
                    This is from the link you posted:

                    "But Odell Beckham Jr. is arguably a more logical choice than Mike Evans. His speed and explosiveness provides a different dimension from Vincent Jackson, which would help make the Bucs less one-dimensional. In addition, I've seen him ahead of Mike Evans on several draft boards -- most notably Greg Cosell's"

                    I want to add the "analysts", for the most part, are apart of the media and dont really scout players. I consider Greg Cosell a scout because unlike most media folk, he watches game tape, ALL of the available game tape for most prospects, his opinion is to be more valued than, say, Walterfootball.com (not saying you like them but an example as why the "mock draft" is opinion overratted).

                    I also would like to add that Greg Cosell rated Benjamin as a better prospect than Evans, with the exceptions of his hands. Cosell also feels that Watkins was by far the best overall receiver. Therefore, I dont know where you're getting that he had Evans at 2. He simply didn't.

                    Not to mention, the bills were a team that also had ODB over Evans. That in my mind, trumps "analysts" projections.

                    PS I have no idea where you are read that Cosell has Evans over ODB. I re-read the link you posted. Nothing. The writer feels that Evans is a better overall player - not Cosell.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I'm guessing Cosell's list was right before the draft? I've heard him speak highly of Beckham while questioning value of Evans [which I personally disagree with him there]. Possible that his personal opinions take a seat in rankings as he listens in to chatter from the actual league in the eve of the draft.

                      Anyway, point is irrelevant. Evans wasn't available when the Giants drafted. Beckham was.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                        Donald has an extremely quick first step, he is very explosive, freak athlete, game changer, and just an absolute terror from the DT position.

                        The only thing that Bromley has "better" than him is his more prototypical size.

                        That being said I am still a big Bromley fan but Donald is a machine!
                        x10

                        Not even us Cuse / Bromley fans can muster up and compare the 2 on the same playing field. Donald is the better player all around. Brom can still be good though, but he isnt Donald.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                          show me the link where some had Beckham ahead of Evans and I will believe that
                          its true. i read a few sources that cited NFL executives that had ODB ahead of Evans.

                          i know there was and is a lot of evans hype, myself being one of the people doing so, but there is a very legitimate concern with how well he'll be able to separate at the next level. he plays a very physical brand of ball where he almost rather a jump ball. in college, he was so much more physically gifted and athletic than the DB, it wasnt even close. and it was 1v1 jump ball situations.

                          in the NFL, the DBs are much more athletic and physical, and those 1v1 jump balls dont happen nearly as often per design. evans also didnt do a whole lot of running diff routes. he too was a victim of his physical tools and athleticism bc there wasnt much of a need for him to try running the varying routes to get open bc he could just out jump the DB. its not guaranteed he's gonna be good running routes across the middle.

                          that said, i think he'll be really good and would have loved to have him im just making the case for that POV. ODB can run every single route, is a better downfield threat in terms of getting separation via route opposed to using the body to box out and make a grab. also, ODB is touted as being a very explosive KR and PR, which Evans isnt. GMs covet guys that can score in a variety of ways...again just making the case for that POV

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            and, there were reports of teams wanting to trade up and get ODB for what thats worth dunno how that plays into the evans or ODB topic just throwing that out there. there were also personnel people who werent high on evans bc of the issues i mentioned the post before. there is concern about his ability to get in and out of his breaks cleanly as well as if he can actually create separation at this level. i belive he'll be able to and will be a terror for #2 corners, but again, just stating that POV

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              x10

                              Not even us Cuse / Bromley fans can muster up and compare the 2 on the same playing field. Donald is the better player all around. Brom can still be good though, but he isnt Donald.
                              Yeah like Bromley has a floor of a rotational DT with ceiling to be a solid starter in the league...

                              Donalds floor looks like a solid starter and ceiling is an all pro and potential H.O.F player if he plays like he did at Pitt IMO
                              sigpic
                              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                              __________________________________________________ ______
                              Mock Draft
                              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                              __________________________________________________ ______
                              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                                its true. i read a few sources that cited NFL executives that had ODB ahead of Evans.

                                i know there was and is a lot of evans hype, myself being one of the people doing so, but there is a very legitimate concern with how well he'll be able to separate at the next level. he plays a very physical brand of ball where he almost rather a jump ball. in college, he was so much more physically gifted and athletic than the DB, it wasnt even close. and it was 1v1 jump ball situations.

                                in the NFL, the DBs are much more athletic and physical, and those 1v1 jump balls dont happen nearly as often per design. evans also didnt do a whole lot of running diff routes. he too was a victim of his physical tools and athleticism bc there wasnt much of a need for him to try running the varying routes to get open bc he could just out jump the DB. its not guaranteed he's gonna be good running routes across the middle.

                                that said, i think he'll be really good and would have loved to have him im just making the case for that POV. ODB can run every single route, is a better downfield threat in terms of getting separation via route opposed to using the body to box out and make a grab. also, ODB is touted as being a very explosive KR and PR, which Evans isnt. GMs covet guys that can score in a variety of ways...again just making the case for that POV
                                show me the link

                                Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X