What makes Donald better than Bromley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes Donald better than Bromley

From what I've seen which is only highlights, they were both pretty under the radar during the season, Donald got a boost from the senior bowl and they both seem to be gap penetrators, but Bromley had better production against similar competition and he's bigger and stronger than Donald which usually means more durable. Am I missing something
    "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
    - Marshawn Lynch

Donald is just a freak athlete. He's not as big but he plays that way and has plethora of didn't pass rush moves. He's quite technical in that manner. Can bull rush you, stack separate or beat you with his hands. His biggest knock is his size but at the very core, he has everything you could want in a 3 tech.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by gurujot View Post
      From what I've seen which is only highlights, they were both pretty under the radar during the season, Donald got a boost from the senior bowl and they both seem to be gap penetrators, but Bromley had better production against similar competition and he's bigger and stronger than Donald which usually means more durable. Am I missing something
      Senior year stats
      Bromley had 13.5 TFL and 9 sacks
      Donald had 28.5 TFL and 11 sacks

I think 28.5 TFL led the nation. He was defensive player of the year. I am fine with what the NYG chose to do, but I don't think you can argue that Bromley had more production...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-donald-1.html
      http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...bromley-1.html

Comment

No one was quicker shooting through than Donald whereas Bromley seems quicker laterally than fast. He does have a good 40 though so maybe it's something coaching can extract. I just don't think Bromley is the upfield penetrator as the other DTs. His best asset seems to be his quickness. A lot of his best plays has him sitting the lineman down in one gap before going backdoor with a nice swim move.

Another plus, he's got the size and length to play multiple techniques unlike Donald.

I would argue against his strength. I think that needs to improve.
        Last edited by penguinfarmer; 05-14-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Donald is the better pass rusher. That is what made him such an early pick. The guy is just really good and getting in the backfield. The thing that Bromley is better at is that if he doesn't shoot the gap he still has options. He can clog the middle and still make plays. I am very interested to see how Donald does at the pro level because he will need to shoot that gap or he will be out of the play. Gonna be interesting to see him against NFL guards/centers.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Donald has better get off and his height gives him an added leverage advantage. Donald is also stocky, head to toe, whereas Bromley is heavy on top but skinny in the legs. He will get pushed around until he fills out.

Comment

Who knows when it's all said and done maybe Bromley is the better player when their careers are over.
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I think Donald is a pro bowler. I see Bromley as a good rotational DT.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Thanks for the replies, with everything you guys said ODB and bromley seem better than what we wouldve got with donald and a 3rd round wr
                  "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                  - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Thanks for the replies, with everything you guys said ODB and bromley seem better than what we wouldve got with donald and a 3rd round wr
                    only time will tell but that's what were all hoping for!!!!
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Bromley holds up the point of attack better against double teams but doesnt have nearly the explosion that Donald has

Comment

Originally posted by born blue View Post
                        Senior year stats
                        Bromley had 13.5 TFL and 9 sacks
                        Donald had 28.5 TFL and 11 sacks

I think 28.5 TFL led the nation. He was defensive player of the year. I am fine with what the NYG chose to do, but I don't think you can argue that Bromley had more production...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-donald-1.html
                        http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...bromley-1.html
                        I was actually gonna post myself that Donalds stats weren't close to Bromleys(who had great stats).. THank you for posting this. He basically doubled up on TFL compared to Bromley and had more sacks, plus Donald has been productive for quite awhile.

Comment

whats the big deal...
                          maybe they will both be great NFL players....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Bromley doesn't have the insane 1st step of Donald and isn't as good an athlete.

Also, Donald tore up the offseason, including the combine, senior bowl week and reportedly interviews too. I am not saying Bromley isn't a good practicer either, but the coaches at Pitt were saying stuff like "hardest worker we have ever seen" and talked of his work ethic ins practice with regards to Donald.
                            sigpic

Comment

Outside of the Marvin Austin Pick, we have had good luck drafting DT's Hopefully this trend continues with Hanks and Bromley.

Comment

Working...
                              X