No announcement yet.

Johnny Manziel was txting the Cleveland GM begging them to trade up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Josh Gordon gets his butt outta his rear, the Browns are gonna be very good team.. Look at this potential offense..

Johnny Manziel QB
    Ben Tate and Terrance West at RB
    Josh Gordon, Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson, and Benjamin at WR
    Jordan Cameron at TE
    Schwartz, Mack, Thomas, and Bitonio on the Oline..

Some serious potential..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      If Josh Gordon gets his butt outta his rear, the Browns are gonna be very good team.. Look at this potential offense..

Johnny Manziel QB
      Jordan Cameron at TE

Some serious potential..
      For sure, and their defense isn't bad, either. They only need a Romo-level QB to become competitive. I say "only" but it's obviously not that easy to find one.
      Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-17-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        For sure, and their defense isn't bad, either. They only need a Romo-level QB to become competitive. I say "only" but it's obviously not that easy to find one.
        I think Johnny's gonna be awesome. Instincts is probably the thing I look for most in prospects I like.. Guys i've loved in the past like Earl Thomas, Akeem Ayers, and Doug Martin come to mind..

And as you said, the Defense was decent and continues to upgrade... I mean, Justin Gilbert and Joe Haden as your starting CB duo, is pretty insane. Add in guys like Jabaal Sheard, Mingo, Kruger, Dansby, and P.Taylor, and you got alittles something...

Comment

I think Johnny's gonna be awesome. Instincts is probably the thing I look for most in prospects I like.. Guys i've loved in the past like Earl Thomas, Akeem Ayers, and Doug Martin come to mind..

And as you said, the Defense was decent and continues to upgrade... I mean, Justin Gilbert and Joe Haden as your starting CB duo, is pretty insane. Add in guys like Jabaal Sheard, Mingo, Kruger, Dansby, and P.Taylor, and you got alittles something...
          I think Manziel is going to be a lot like VIck... An electrifying player, but not one that's necessarily going to be able to put his team over the top.

Comment

There is no reason to think Manziel is going to be exceptional. He is a playmaking college QB who worked from a lot of spread formations. He has a lot to learn about the pro game. That is why he slipped in the draft.

And its cleveland for crying out loud

Comment

I think Cleveland's best chance would be to wait until a QB hits FA. Even someone like Andy Dalton would do them some good. Obviously Manziel is going to get a 2-3-year grace period now, though.

Comment

I think Cleveland's best chance would be to wait until a QB hits FA. Even someone like Andy Dalton would do them some good. Obviously Manziel is going to get a 2-3-year grace period now, though.
                But, if a guy like Dalton isn't good enough to take his current team far, what makes you think he'd be able to do it in Cleveland?

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  But, if a guy like Dalton isn't good enough to take his current team far, what makes you think he'd be able to do it in Cleveland?
                  I don't. I just think he'd give Cleveland a better going than they've had. I don't rate Dalton much, but compared to the dregs that Cleveland have been wheeling out at the position, I think he'd be a pretty big improvement.

Who knows, Manziel could prove his doubters wrong. I just find that hard to believe, what with Cleveland's gleaming track record for drafting quality quarterbacks and all...

Comment

I don't. I just think he'd give Cleveland a better going than they've had. I don't rate Dalton much, but compared to the dregs that Cleveland have been wheeling out at the position, I think he'd be a pretty big improvement.

Who knows, Manziel could prove his doubters wrong. I just find that hard to believe, what with Cleveland's gleaming track record for drafting quality quarterbacks and all...
                    True.

Like I said, I think Manziel's going to be a lot like Vick. He'll make the Browns better, and do so in an exciting manner, but he likely won't be one to take them to the promised land.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                      Manziel's ego took a hit during the draft, and I loved every minute of it as he slid..
                      It was pretty funny to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        It was pretty funny to watch.
                        Indeed, that was one of the highlights of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          True.

Like I said, I think Manziel's going to be a lot like Vick. He'll make the Browns better, and do so in an exciting manner, but he likely won't be one to take them to the promised land.
                          For sure, but what happens when he gets hurt?

I just think that stability at the QB position is what Cleveland needs the most, and I'm not sure that Manziel can provide that.

Comment

Its just the business aspect of it. Johnny has more media on him is why this got out if it is in fact true. The Browns obviously didn't care , nor should we.. Great pick by the Browns, and as I said many times, Manziel might of been the most instinctive player in this draft.
                            Its a good pick for the Browns for sure because they have been such an awful franchise. That team is actually pretty close to being very good all they need is just competent QB play. Manziel can be competent but his game as its currently constructed is not going to be successful. Is Manziel going to allow himself to be coached because that will make or break him in my opinion. He got away with things at A&M he will never get away with in the NFL those decisions will get a young QB benched " Should of got ELi benched 2 to be honest".
                            Manziels ability to make plays with his feet will be severely hampered in the NFL he is no longer faster then the Linebackers or DE's on the edge. While Manziel does possess good speed for a QB its not game changing like RG3 or Vick. Everyone on the field minus the DT's will be able to catch him. Without that threat to run will he be able to succeed will be totally up to him and the work he puts into changing his game to adapt.
                            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-18-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Its just the business aspect of it. Johnny has more media on him is why this got out if it is in fact true. The Browns obviously didn't care , nor should we.. Great pick by the Browns, and as I said many times, Manziel might of been the most instinctive player in this draft.
                              Manziel was the highest profile player in the draft and had a highly-televised slide down the draft board. To top it off, he basically begged Cleveland to draft him. That's why people care about it and find it funny. And the irony of a high profile player begging to go to Cleveland of all places after the Browns passed him up in the Top 10 makes it even funnier. And this news got out because Cleveland's QB coach spilled the beans about Manziel texting him.

Now, Manziel was a good pick for the Browns in terms of bringing the spotlight on them. Maybe he turns into a superstar. Maybe he turns into a bust. Who knows? But everyone will be watching, which is good for Cleveland.
                              Last edited by kingcap88; 05-18-2014, 10:32 AM.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Johnny Manziel QB
                                Jordan Cameron at TE

Some serious potential..
                                Earl Bennett and Isaiah Crowell also.
                                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                                X