• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson

Orson Charles in the 2nd Rd.

Comment

[quote user="CRUZ12BLUE80"]Dwayne Allen is hyped and over rated, his blocking is ok, but just look at his draft analysis on youtube, he has ALOT of drops, actually kinda reminds me of Ballard has some similarities. Please don't waste a first on Allen when Paulson, Coby Fleener, Nick Provo, Orson Charles(needs improvement blocking) are all coming into this draft. Tyler Eiffert woulda been perfect shockey reincarnate with less attitude but don't think he's entering the draft?
      [/quote]

Allen is the best TE in the draft Mr.Youtube scout lol

Comment

negative "spizi", mr jump to conclusions i didn't even base my assesments on the recent orange bowl where he had very little impact for the best TE in the class, with cheesecake hands dropping as soon as contact from the safety came, imagine when an nfl hard hitting safety jars those balls loose. Bottom line, he is not a sure handed TE, and don't let the hype of the nfl scouts brainwash you about Allen and his athleticism David Paulson, Fleener, or the NC state TE with "glue hands. aren't far behind.

Comment

Reply: Re: Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson

i don't watch/follow college sports so i can't comment on which TE is the best or which one we should draft, but i do believe we should try to make our strength even stronger in the sense of we need to surround eli with as many weapons as possible. O-line is obviously a pretty big need as well but a playmaker at TE would be excellent. even a receiver or running back in the earlier part of the draft would be OK with me.

Comment

[quote user="CRUZ12BLUE80"]negative "spizi", mr jump to conclusions i didn't even base my assesments on the recent orange bowl where he had very little impact for the best TE in the class, with cheesecake hands dropping as soon as contact from the safety came, imagine when an nfl hard hitting safety jars those balls loose. Bottom line, he is not a sure handed TE, and don't let the hype of the nfl scouts brainwash you about Allen and his athleticism David Paulson, Fleener, or the NC state TE with "glue hands. aren't far behind.
            [/quote]

So what did you base your conclusion on?? I'm guessing you've watched hours of game tape on him like all the scouts who list him as a top 32 prospect.

Comment

I really like Dwayne Allen at #29 since he's certainly higher than that spot on my board but I could see a team snatching him up before our pick.

Some other alternatives I like would be the following:

Whitney Mercilus, DE - You can never have enough depth at pass rusher and I really don't see us paying Osi the money he wants anyway. Might not drop that far down.

Peter Konz, C - This pick could give us our future center for the next 10 or more years. What about Baas? Kick him over to LG to compete with Boothe and Petrus since Diehl is doo-doo at both LT and LG.

Zach Brown, OLB - Has the ability to play either WLB or SOLB and could fit in our 3 safety package. He might drop down to us due to the position he plays.

Mark Barron, S - It's possible we could also take the best Safety in the draft as well. Deon Grant won't be around forever and even though Tyler Sash was just drafted last year, they aren't the same type of Safeties and as much as we love the Chad Jones story, never know what will happen with him.

Trade out of the 1st - This is a possibility as well. Maybe one of the QB needy teams that were too high for Luck and RG3 picked a more talented player at their pick instead of reaching and decide to get their guy at this spot? Who knows...

Comment

dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?

Comment

[quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

hell yes! but that won't drop him to 32. Janoris Jenkins makes getting caught with weed seem like nothing and he's most likely a first rounder.

Comment

[quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

wouldnt that be interesting if he fell to the giants.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

hell yes! but that won't drop him to 32. Janoris Jenkins makes getting caught with weed seem like nothing and he's most likely a first rounder.[/quote]

Last year janoris was projected to be the 11th overall pick now I see him being projected as a second. I have rarely seen him projected as a first. And a year has passed over for janoris, so dre just now gettin caught will probably drasstically hurt his draft status.

Comment

[quote user="eli2cruz"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

hell yes! but that won't drop him to 32. Janoris Jenkins makes getting caught with weed seem like nothing and he's most likely a first rounder.[/quote]

Last year janoris was projected to be the 11th overall pick now I see him being projected as a second. I have rarely seen him projected as a first. And a year has passed over for janoris, so dre just now gettin caught will probably drasstically hurt his draft status.[/quote]

dude it's weed. you really think that's gonna drop him to 32? i would love it but I doubt it.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

Last year janoris was projected to be the 11th overall pick now I see him being projected as a second. I have rarely seen him projected as a first. And a year has passed over for janoris, so dre just now gettin caught will probably drasstically hurt his draft status.[/quote]

dude it's weed. you really think that's gonna drop him to 32? i would love it but I doubt it.[/quote]

Manningham was atop mayocks WR rankings and he fell of the top 5 after the weed. Might have something to do with Manningham lying as well.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

dude it's weed. you really think that's gonna drop him to 32? i would love it but I doubt it.[/quote]

Manningham was atop mayocks WR rankings and he fell of the top 5 after the weed. Might have something to do with Manningham lying as well.
                            [/quote]

well if Dre falls he's my number 1 target.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

[/quote]

well if Dre falls he's my number 1 target.[/quote]

Abso-freakin'-loutely

He would be far and away BPA. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did drop. It's amazing how GM's talk themselves out of picks. Just look at prince last year.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="eli2cruz"]dre kirkpatrick just got caught with some weed, that will certinaly hurt his draft spot. Anybody have any intrest in him ?[/quote]

[/quote]

well if Dre falls he's my number 1 target.[/quote] just curious, you really think we'd draft another cb in the 1st to sit the bench? Webster,Thomas,prince,Ross, & Kirkpatrick? Just wondering...

Comment

Working...
                                X