Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Well, in what has become a Fun traditon on these boards, i decided to start this yrs SLEEPER thread for the 2011 NFL DRAFT... It was a awesome thread last yr, and its meant for mid to later rd guys who people think are gonna make it in the pro's and help our club or a club... Dosen't have to be Super Star, just a guy or guys who will make it and help and become known on the next level...

A guy i'm liking right now for a 6th-7th and maybe 5th if he does good at the Shrine Game and in Pre Draft workouts is DT TERRELL McCLAIN of S.FLORIDA... Hes got very good size and showed enough production to warrent middish to late rd consideration in hopes of finding a gem..McClain offers a nice mix of Run Stopping and at causing havoc in his penetration.. Coach Holtz said Measurable wise, McClain may be the best prospect they have to offer in this yrs draft.. Watch for him to make some noise in moving up some on the way toward the draft... Think 4th-6th rd with a ceiling of 3rd rd if everything in the world works out

Another player i like for the later rounds is Notre Dame CB Darrin Walls.. I've watched him his whole career as a diehard ND fan, and hes got SUNDAY potential.. Not afraid to mix it up in run support with his solid CB SIZE(6ft 190lb), and plays the ball very well in the air... Very expierenced, and easily the best Player in Notre Dames Secondary... Very solid ST player at ND.. Can play man as well as most CB's in college ball, and has nice speed and agility... A Solid all around player.. Think 4th-6th rd

One more Sleeper for now that i'll mention is Louisville TE Cameron Graham... Hes become one of my fave TE prospects out there, with his length and hands... Had 10games of at least 3catches and can block pretty solidly.. OC mike sanford has said, hes a good blend of on the line blocking TE and recevier, and also mentions, hes not the biggest TE, but he works his but off... Graham was highly recruited jr college player, getting scholarship offers from LSU and Arizona st, but chose Louisville due to playing more quickly... A definete player to keep a eye on going forward... Think 5th-7th with ceiling of late 4th...

[/quote] Welp, speaking about my first sleeper on this thread, it looks like mr. McClain has made his move, as expected, and i'd love to get this guy, in the RD 3-4 range, if were to lose big barry... He would be a steal, as barry was, in rd 4... McClain is physical, and very strong, with a ability to do both, stop the run, and get some of the QB and RB's behind the line... Hes a solid anchor, and is kinda a poor mans Drake Nevis... I see, McClain as a starter down the line, and long time NFL vet, when said and done... Also, sheds blocks pretty well

Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida

Height: 6-2. Weight: 291.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.13.
    Combine 40 Time: 5.02.
    Pro Day 40 Time: 4.82.
    Benchx225: 29. Vertical: 28. Arm: 32 3/4.
    Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

3/26/11: Terrell McClain had a phenomenal Pro Day. He dropped
    two tenths off his 40 and looked great in the drills in front of Rod
    Marinelli. He could sneak into Day

Comment

** Jock Sanders, WR/RB, West Virginia
      ** Josh Bynes, LB, Auburn

I think both of those 2 might fall deep in the draft and could make an impact in the NFL. This thread has covered about every prospect, but I don't remember anyone mentioning these two.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm new to the boards but I have been a huge Giant fan since the early 80's and follow the NFL Draft extensively. Here is a sleeper TE I cam across. Could be a good late round guy as he can catch and with that size I would hope he can block a little.

Collin Franklin, TE, Iowa State
        Height: 6-6. Weight: 256.
        Projected 40 Time: N/A.
        Combine 40 Time: DNP.
        Pro Day 40 Time: 4.69.
        Benchx225: 28. Vertical: 34.5.
        Projected Round (2011): 5-7.

4/4/11: Collin Franklin is an intriguing late-round tight end prospect. He caught 54 balls for 530 yards in 2010. He posted a 4.69 40, a broad jump of 10-4 and 28 reps of 225 at Iowa State's Pro Day.

Comment

[quote user="tdawg1413"]

Hello guys, I'm new to the boards but I have been a huge Giant fan since the early 80's and follow the NFL Draft extensively. Here is a sleeper TE I cam across. Could be a good late round guy as he can catch and with that size I would hope he can block a little.

4/4/11: Collin Franklin is an intriguing late-round tight end prospect. He caught 54 balls for 530 yards in 2010. He posted a 4.69 40, a broad jump of 10-4 and 28 reps of 225 at Iowa State's Pro Day.

[/quote]

Da'rell Scott RB Maryland.....game breaking speed! Rarely ever gets
          caught from behind. He backed it up with a 4.35 _40 time at combine.

One
          of my sleepers of the draft.
          www.youtube.com/watch?v=hleY7FV8Lhk&feature=related
          Here ya go...put it in the right thread

Comment

Giants brought in Taiwan Jones for a personal meeting according to BBV.
            Check out his tape if you have not already. This guy has big play
            ability and may be available after round 4. I am glad we appear
            interested.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/4/7/2095682/giants-2011-prospect-watch-ben-ijalana-ras-i-dowling-added

Scroll
            down and he is 2nd on the list I believe.

Here is another one....

Comment

[quote user="bigbluesd"]Giants brought in Taiwan Jones for a personal meeting according to BBV.*
              Check out his tape if you have not already.* This guy has big play
              ability and may be available after round 4.* I am glad we appear
              interested.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/4/7/2095682/giants-2011-prospect-watch-ben-ijalana-ras-i-dowling-added

Scroll
              down and he is 2nd on the list I believe.

Here is another one....
              [/quote]

I'm glad the Giants are interested also....The Giants need some speed on O....

Taiwan would be a great threat...
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Here is another sleeper at Center in case plan abcd dont work

John Gianninoto Center from UNLV...this guy has the speed to get to the second level. Giants were at his pro day.

>>

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Well, in what has become a Fun traditon on these boards, i decided to start this yrs SLEEPER thread for the 2011 NFL DRAFT... It was a awesome thread last yr, and its meant for mid to later rd guys who people think are gonna make it in the pro's and help our club or a club... Dosen't have to be Super Star, just a guy or guys who will make it and help and become known on the next level...

A guy i'm liking right now for a 6th-7th and maybe 5th if he does good at the Shrine Game and in Pre Draft workouts is DT TERRELL McCLAIN of S.FLORIDA... Hes got very good size and showed enough production to warrent middish to late rd consideration in hopes of finding a gem..McClain offers a nice mix of Run Stopping and at causing havoc in his penetration.. Coach Holtz said Measurable wise, McClain may be the best prospect they have to offer in this yrs draft.. Watch for him to make some noise in moving up some on the way toward the draft... Think 4th-6th rd with a ceiling of 3rd rd if everything in the world works out

Another player i like for the later rounds is Notre Dame CB Darrin Walls.. I've watched him his whole career as a diehard ND fan, and hes got SUNDAY potential.. Not afraid to mix it up in run support with his solid CB SIZE(6ft 190lb), and plays the ball very well in the air... Very expierenced, and easily the best Player in Notre Dames Secondary... Very solid ST player at ND.. Can play man as well as most CB's in college ball, and has nice speed and agility... A Solid all around player.. Think 4th-6th rd

One more Sleeper for now that i'll mention is Louisville TE Cameron Graham... Hes become one of my fave TE prospects out there, with his length and hands... Had 10games of at least 3catches and can block pretty solidly.. OC mike sanford has said, hes a good blend of on the line blocking TE and recevier, and also mentions, hes not the biggest TE, but he works his but off... Graham was highly recruited jr college player, getting scholarship offers from LSU and Arizona st, but chose Louisville due to playing more quickly... A definete player to keep a eye on going forward... Think 5th-7th with ceiling of late 4th...

[/quote] Welp, speaking about my first sleeper on this thread, it looks like mr. McClain has made his move, as expected, and i'd love to get this guy, in the RD 3-4 range, if were to lose big barry... He would be a steal, as barry was, in rd 4... McClain is physical, and very strong, with a ability to do both, stop the run, and get some of the QB and RB's behind the line... Hes a solid anchor, and is kinda a poor mans Drake Nevis... I see, McClain as a starter down the line, and long time NFL vet, when said and done... Also, sheds blocks pretty well

Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida

Height: 6-2. Weight: 291.
                  Projected 40 Time: 5.13.
                  Combine 40 Time: 5.02.
                  Pro Day 40 Time: 4.82.
                  Benchx225: 29. Vertical: 28. Arm: 32 3/4.
                  Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

3/26/11: Terrell McClain had a phenomenal Pro Day. He dropped
                  two tenths off his 40 and looked great in the drills in front of Rod
                  Marinelli. He could sneak into Day
                  [/quote]

The Pats have had a bazillion interviews with this kid. The word is they love him.
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote user="bigbluesd"][quote user="tdawg1413"]

[/quote]

Da'rell Scott RB Maryland.....game breaking speed! Rarely ever gets caught from behind. He backed it up with a 4.35 _40 time at combine.

One of my sleepers of the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hleY7FV8Lhk&feature=related

Here ya go...put it in the right thread
                    [/quote]

Your link doesnt work here is my Scott vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWVxs5aPBMY

Comment

How about this for the Sleeper thread. 28% of the NFL's players are undrafted FA's.Here is the breakdown from last year of the 2046 players that were on rosters or IR at the end of the season

1st round- 292

2nd round- 239

3rd round- 219

4th round- 212

5th round- 172

6th round- 160

7th round- 172

Not Drafted- 574

Breakdown from the conferences

SEC 308

ACC 278

Big 10 256

Big 12 221

PAC 10 215

Big East 115

Others 641

Top 20 Schools for NFL Players

1.Miami 45

2.LSU 44

3.Ohio State 42

Texas 42

5.USC 39

6.Georgia 38

7.Florida 36

8.Tenn 35

9.Michigan 33

California 33

11.FSU 31

12.Iowa 30

13.Nebraska 29

Maryland 29

Penn State 29

16.Auburn 27

Notre Dame 27

18.Alabama 26

Purdue 26

20. GT 25

Virgina 25

Oregon 25

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

How about this for the Sleeper thread. 28% of the NFL's players are undrafted FA's.Here is the breakdown from last year of the 2046 players that were on rosters or IR at the end of the season

1st round- 292

2nd round- 239

3rd round- 219

4th round- 212

5th round- 172

6th round- 160

7th round- 172

Not Drafted- 574

SEC 308

ACC 278

Big 10 256

Big 12 221

PAC 10 215

Big East 115

Others 641

1.Miami 45

2.LSU 44

3.Ohio State 42

Texas 42

5.USC 39

6.Georgia 38

7.Florida 36

8.Tenn 35

9.Michigan 33

California 33

11.FSU 31

12.Iowa 30

13.Nebraska 29

Maryland 29

Penn State 29

16.Auburn 27

Notre Dame 27

18.Alabama 26

Purdue 26

20. GT 25

Virgina 25

Oregon 25

[/quote] Awesome stuff, redeye! This is why u and i spend so much time on any and all prospects...lol Check out the 5th rd draft picks, tied with the 7th rd draft picks... Crazy!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1st round- 292

2nd round- 239

3rd round- 219

4th round- 212

5th round- 172

6th round- 160

7th round- 172

Not Drafted- 574

SEC 308

ACC 278

Big 10 256

Big 12 221

PAC 10 215

Big East 115

Others 641

1.Miami 45

2.LSU 44

3.Ohio State 42

Texas 42

5.USC 39

6.Georgia 38

7.Florida 36

8.Tenn 35

9.Michigan 33

California 33

11.FSU 31

12.Iowa 30

13.Nebraska 29

Maryland 29

Penn State 29

16.Auburn 27

Notre Dame 27

18.Alabama 26

Purdue 26

20. GT 25

Virgina 25

Oregon 25

[/quote] Awesome stuff, redeye! This is why u and i spend so much time on any and all prospects...lol Check out the 5th rd draft picks, tied with the 7th rd draft picks... Crazy!
                          [/quote]

maybe has to do with their being alot more comp picks in the 7th as opposed to the 5th, thus more players drafted in the 7th leading to a higher chance that said players make a team?

just a thought.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1st round- 292

2nd round- 239

3rd round- 219

4th round- 212

5th round- 172

6th round- 160

7th round- 172

Not Drafted- 574

SEC 308

ACC 278

Big 10 256

Big 12 221

PAC 10 215

Big East 115

Others 641

1.Miami 45

2.LSU 44

3.Ohio State 42

Texas 42

5.USC 39

6.Georgia 38

7.Florida 36

8.Tenn 35

9.Michigan 33

California 33

11.FSU 31

12.Iowa 30

13.Nebraska 29

Maryland 29

Penn State 29

16.Auburn 27

Notre Dame 27

18.Alabama 26

Purdue 26

20. GT 25

Virgina 25

Oregon 25

[/quote]

maybe has to do with their being alot more comp picks in the 7th as opposed to the 5th, thus more players drafted in the 7th leading to a higher chance that said players make a team?

just a thought.

[/quote] oh, definetly has something to do with it.. But still, a insane rate, any way u cut the dice... Heres something else, thats kinda along the same lines...

Draft Preview: Best of wide receivers and tight ends

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/cbss...x60/12650.jpg") no-repeat scroll left top white; height: 60px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

By Jeff Reynolds
                            NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

In a draft with few sure things -- even at the top -- it seems
                            fairly certain that juniors A.J. Green from Georgia and Alabama's
                            Julio Jones will be off the board in the first dozen picks.

"Me and Julio are just alike, we don't get caught up in the hype
                            and we're just two guys trying to be the best," Green said at the
                            scouting combine. "I think I'm the best, I'm going to do what I
                            can to be the No. 1 receiver and I feel like Julio's going to do
                            his best -- we're not going to be mad if I'm not the top receiver
                            drafted."

In what order the stars of the 2008
                            recruiting class and All-SEC rivals are likely to be drafted has
                            become more debated since Jones' blazing and widely unexpected
                            combine workout. Jones, knocked for his straight-line speed, ran
                            40 yards in the 4.34 seconds, besting Green (4.48) in the one area
                            in which the Bulldog had a plain advantage on game film. More
                            praise was heaped on Jones once it was learned he went through
                            drills and tests knowing he had a fractured foot. He only shed the
                            walking boot on his right foot at the end of March.

Most NFL teams teams view A.J. Green as a near-instant answer as a No. 1-type receiver.

(Getty Images)

Jones' timed speed doesn't show up on the
                            field. He's more of a rugged blocker with a reputation for
                            decleating defensive backs, not toasting them with his speed.
                            Green, no sprinter in his own right, runs smooth routes with
                            natural and free movement in all directions with short-area
                            quickness to separate from clingy coverage.

Recent
                            history shows draft position means little to a wide receiver
                            prospect's long-term future, and if anything shows neither player should
                            necessarily be pining to be picked first. Darrius Heyward-Bey
                            (2009) and Donnie Avery (2008) were the top wide receivers drafted
                            in their classes, and players such as Ted Ginn (2007), Chad
                            Jackson (2006), Troy Williamson, Mike Williams (2005) and Reggie
                            Williams (2004) show that being one of the first two or three
                            receivers off the board doesn't portend NFL greatness.

At least one tight end has been selected in the first round in
                            each of the past 11 drafts, and 16 overall, but any expectations
                            teams have of finding a great one in this class borders on
                            unreasonable.

Notre Dame junior Kyle Rudolph is the
                            best of an average bunch, but a hamstring avulsion -- meaning the
                            muscle separated from the bone -- kept him on the sideline for the
                            second half of the 2010 season. He's been running since February
                            but caught everything in sight at his April 7 pro day, where his
                            athletic testing was solid but unspectacular as expected.

Rudolph could go in the late first round, as Greg Olsen (31st
                            overall, Bears) did as the first tight end drafted in 2007 or
                            Marcedes Lewis (28th overall, Jaguars) in 2006 if a needy team
                            gets anxious even if NFLDraftScout.com has him rated as the 40th
                            overall prospect.

Tennessee's Luke Stocker can't be
                            confused with Jason Witten, but he and D.J. Williams, whose 4.59
                            speed and soft hands could be coveted, should battle to be the
                            second tight end drafted.

A closer look at the top wide receivers and tight ends in this draft:

Comment

Lance Kendricks ran a 4.5 flat at his Pro Day and improved upon everything he did at the combine...His workout was being compared to Dustin Kellers....Some scouts said it was better....He will most likely be the second TE off the board....Mayock also has him as his #2....

I'm a big D.J fan also but I really don't see him coming off the board earlier than the 4th TE taken....
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

just put this up

Comment

Working...
                                X