Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]ANother guy i've talked about, that has garnered a ton of interest is Charles Clay of Tulsa... Litteraly, that dude has worked out for like 13teams, it seems... Hes so freaking versatile, and has solid hands, from being a WR, and he can punish outta the backfield, and give u reps at TE or FB.. Crazy prospect...
    [/quote]

I was watching some on him before . They didnt use him many snaps as an in line blocker against Hawaii.When they used him as a blocker they generallyused him inthe single wing as an Hback or a Shotgun Wishbone formation that Im not exactly sure what U call it.The majority of his snaps were as a slot receiver,handful at RB. Pretty versatile player. I would of liked to see how he blocked up on the line or some more straight up lead blocker in the I or something. I was thinking of making a short vid of him because u have talked about him thought some may find it interesting

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

just put this up
      [/quote]

Thanks for this....

Just watched his game vs Washington yesterday on Espn Classic....

How can teams not love this guy....The guy is durable as all heck....Doesn't drop a thing and doesn't put the ball on the ground....

I see big things for Quizz at the next level....He's been on my boom's list for a while now....

P.S....What a great pop he put on #20...[/quote] Yup, and he plays bigger then his size, making him very versatile runner, that can not only play that scat back type, but also, run full steam ahead, and move a defender backward... I love Jaquizz, as well....
      [/quote]

I think the words out on him. He has been steadily rising this offseason.
      sigpic

Comment

Mario Fannin- RB Auburn.

Hard to imagin the starting tailback of the national championship Tigers as a sleeper, but I believe he is just that.

I watch video of him and see a perfect fit for what we need. I love his build 5'10.5" 230 lbs. He ran a remarkable 4.38 at the combine. Guys his size dont run like that. He is a fantastic reciever out of the backfield who was under utilized at Auburn. Watch his tape and you will see a kid catch the ball out of the backfield, always with his hands, then turn upfield with anger and purpose.

Most guys who run 4.38 dont run north south like him, the ones who do have success in the NFL.
        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

just put this up

[/quote] Thanks for this.... Just watched his game vs Washington yesterday on Espn Classic.... How can teams not love this guy....The guy is durable as all heck....Doesn't drop a thing and doesn't put the ball on the ground.... I see big things for Quizz at the next level....He's been on my boom's list for a while now.... P.S....What a great pop he put on #20...[/quote] Yup, and he plays bigger then his size, making him very versatile runner, that can not only play that scat back type, but also, run full steam ahead, and move a defender backward... I love Jaquizz, as well....
          [/quote]

I think the words out on him. He has been steadily rising this offseason.
          [/quote]

wrong qoute

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Mario Fannin- RB Auburn.

Hard to imagin the starting tailback of the national championship Tigers as a sleeper, but I believe he is just that.

I watch video of him and see a perfect fit for what we need. I love his build 5'10.5" 230 lbs. He ran a remarkable 4.38 at the combine. Guys his size dont run like that. He is a fantastic reciever out of the backfield who was under utilized at Auburn. Watch his tape and you will see a kid catch the ball out of the backfield, always with his hands, then turn upfield with anger and purpose.

Most guys who run 4.38 dont run north south like him, the ones who do have success in the NFL.
            [/quote]

Yeah he got stuck behind Michael Dyer who was the Number 1 RB recruit in the Country plus Cam Newton.

Comment

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]ANother guy i've talked about, that has garnered a ton of interest is Charles Clay of Tulsa... Litteraly, that dude has worked out for like 13teams, it seems... Hes so freaking versatile, and has solid hands, from being a WR, and he can punish outta the backfield, and give u reps at TE or FB.. Crazy prospect...
                [/quote]

I was watching some on him before . They didnt use him many snaps as an in line blocker against Hawaii.When they used him as a blocker they generallyused him inthe single wing as an Hback or a Shotgun Wishbone formation that Im not exactly sure what U call it.The majority of his snaps were as a slot receiver,handful at RB. Pretty versatile player. I would of liked to see how he blocked up on the line or some more straight up lead blocker in the I or something. I was thinking of making a short vid of him because u have talked about him thought some may find it interesting

[/quote] ya, he was the lead blocker for there all time leading rusher, tarrian adams, when he was there, and they've pretty much did everything with him, since his first getting to tulsa... Hes got the best hands of any FB, if u use him there, and has some expierence throughout his career lining up in many diffrent ways, wheater it be H-back, FB, WR, or RB... I think he did diffrent things more each yr, depending on what TULSA had around at the time... So, what u see from him this yr, pretty much may not be what he did last yr, and what he did last yr, might not be what he did most of the yr before... You'd have to get a Game Film of him from every yr he was at TUlsa to get a good feel of what he excels at most...

Comment

[/quote] I'd like to see that Salas VS U.S.C game again.. Remember Salas was one of the first guys i talked about, on one of our major threads, as he was catching and involved like on every play it felt, against the trojans.... He had 8catches for a 124... I knew he had something, just from that game, alone... He was awesome!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote] I'd like to see that Salas VS U.S.C game again.. Remember Salas was one of the first guys i talked about, on one of our major threads, as he was catching and involved like on every play it felt, against the trojans.... He had 8catches for a 124... I knew he had something, just from that game, alone... He was awesome!
                    [/quote]
                    i think i mentioned salas in last years thread thinking he would come out. didnt really mention him this year cause was scared it was that hawaii system inflating his numbers. after watching a little tape on him i have to agree with you he is gonna be a very decent wr. most likely a slot best case a no 2.

Comment

I screwed up converting the first quarter of the Hawaii game and messed up the quality. Sorry usually my vids look better then this

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]
                        i think i mentioned salas in last years thread thinking he would come out. didnt really mention him this year cause was scared it was that hawaii system inflating his numbers. after watching a little tape on him i have to agree with you he is gonna be a very decent wr. most likely a slot best case a no 2.
                        [/quote] Ya, i see em as a sure handed wr, that makes his living underneath, but like our very own steve smith, can at time, stretch the field and because of his hands, and body contorl, make the deep catch..

Comment

I screwed up converting the first quarter of the Hawaii game and messed up the quality. Sorry usually my vids look better then this
                          [/quote] Why in the World austin pettis is talked about as like a 4th-6th rd propsect, is beyond me.. Another case of silly 40times and stuff like that, hurting what is a great football players, stock.. Pettis is gonna be a solid NFL player, period! I wouldent be surprised to se him end up being a border line pro bowl player at some point in his career, hes that good...

Comment

[/quote] Why in the World austin pettis is talked about as like a 4th-6th rd propsect, is beyond me.. Another case of silly 40times and stuff like that, hurting what is a great football players, stock.. Pettis is gonna be a solid NFL player, period! I wouldent be surprised to se him end up being a border line pro bowl player at some point in his career, hes that good...
                            [/quote]if he goes 4-6 he is gonna be a major steal for whoever nabs him. go get him spags :P

Comment

[/quote]Yeah I dont think he is a sleeper but his round projection is making him one so I put his Vid here

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]if he goes 4-6 he is gonna be a major steal for whoever nabs him. go get him spags :P
                                [/quote] He should be up there in the RD 2 status, and i would not even think SURPRISE one little bit, if he went in that area, as some NFL team, has gotta be smarter then, to think hes a 4th rd type WR...I'd take pettis over Torrey Smith, if u asked me to pick, right now, and over his teammate Titus Young as well... The only Wr's i see as definetly better, are Julio and AJ, and maybe Leonard Hankerson.... If Edmund Gates goes before Austin Pettis, it'll be a crime...

Comment

Working...
                                X