Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

moffit's scouting report negatives

Negatives: Not very fast, lacks real quickness... Doesn't always
    breakdown well in space... Doesn't always do an especially good job
    keeping his feet underneath him... More of a get in the way type than
    actual contact maker in space... On the ground a little too much...
    Struggles to maintain good hand placement, hands get too wide and
    high... Allows defenders inside his pads and will occasionally lose
    battle for leverage
    ... Can be walked back into pocket... Not very
    explosive, doesn't really fire out of his stance... Can be beat by
    quicker defenders... Can be a little slow resetting.

all indicators of subpar strength. Still doesnt mean i dont like him because strength can still be gained in the weight room.

Comment

here are my sleepers reading scouting reports and watching highlights:

- Willie Smith: Been very interested in him for a while now. My favorite late round prospect in the draft.Immense upside and potential

- Alex Green: Was a sleeper, dont think so anymore

- Daniel Hardy: Not sure if anyone's mentioned him here yet. Caught my eye in the all-star game.Is a decent option in 6-7th roudn range

- Lawrence Guy: Nobody likes to talk about him. he shows some flashes of being as good as drake nevis/nick fairley pass-rushing wise. Love him in the 4/5th round

- Curtis Marsh: Immense upside, doubt hes a sleeper anymore

- Jail Brown: Underrated playing across from jimmy smith. eh, maybe not so much a sleeper lol

- Mark LeGree - Never watched him play but he ran 4.4 at the combine (which is excellent for a safety) and has tremendous stats over his career. might be worth a shot

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"]moffit's scouting report negatives

battle for leverage

all indicators of subpar strength. Still doesnt mean i dont like him because strength can still be gained in the weight room.
        [/quote] no it dosen't...lol Not that it matters, all u have to do is watch this kid play, and u know hes powerful, but heres his positvies, from i think the same site u got his negatives from.. Reasonably good strength at POA, Good run blocker, with Solid Stength, Solid Drive Blocker, Can control and steer defender once locked on, forceful punch...etc How u can throw those negatives up, and say something about his strength, when u litteraly got words like Strength, power, and drive blocker, forceful punch, on his positives, is kinda strange... Hes a strong kid, and if thats how hes gonna make his money, by being a strong, mauling G/C....

Positives:
        Versatile, will get a lot of looks at Center as
        well... Good size and reasonably good strength at POA... Good run
        blocker, with very solid power
        ... Stays low and generally plays with
        good leverage... Very solid drive blocker... Can get movement and open
        holes in the running game... Tough, mauler, plays with a mean streak...
        Can control and steer defender once he locks on... Pulls reasonably
        well, can get to the second level... Carries his pads well... Adequate
        flexibility and body control... Attacks his assignments on the move,
        will throw his body around... Very solid pass blocker... Sets up
        reasonably quick... Patient, can sit back in his stance and absorb
        contact, good anchor... Does a nice job extending his arms and working
        his hands... Good forceful punch... Very solid bender... Good short area
        slide... Can generally get in the way and establish position.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]

here are my sleepers reading scouting reports and watching highlights:

- Willie Smith: Been very interested in him for a while now. My favorite late round prospect in the draft.Immense upside and potential

- Alex Green: Was a sleeper, dont think so anymore

- Daniel Hardy: Not sure if anyone's mentioned him here yet. Caught my eye in the all-star game.Is a decent option in 6-7th roudn range

- Lawrence Guy: Nobody likes to talk about him. he shows some flashes of being as good as drake nevis/nick fairley pass-rushing wise. Love him in the 4/5th round

- Curtis Marsh: Immense upside, doubt hes a sleeper anymore

- Jail Brown: Underrated playing across from jimmy smith. eh, maybe not so much a sleeper lol

- Mark LeGree - Never watched him play but he ran 4.4 at the combine (which is excellent for a safety) and has tremendous stats over his career. might be worth a shot

[/quote] Ya, I got Mark Legree on this thread, myself, as a sleeper i like... A ballhawk, with solid size, and speed, is definetly intriguing....

I think your guys are still sleepers, not like anyones gonna be expecting the world of Alex Green and Curtis Marsh.. There sleepers, to do good in the NFL... Guys that have showed enough to warrent a reasonable Draft Round of like 4th or so, but not guys who are sure things(as much as u can be as a draftee)

Comment

I admit I am a fan, but have been very impressed with FSU's OL, I think the best is Hudson.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]moffit's scouting report negatives

battle for leverage

[/quote] no it dosen't...lol Not that it matters, all u have to do is watch this kid play, and u know hes powerful, but heres his positvies, from i think the same site u got his negatives from.. Reasonably good strength at POA, Good run blocker, with Solid Stength, Solid Drive Blocker, Can control and steer defender once locked on, forceful punch...etc How u can throw those negatives up, and say something about his strength, when u litteraly got words like Strength, power, and drive blocker, forceful punch, on his positives, is kinda strange... Hes a strong kid, and if thats how hes gonna make his money, by being a strong, mauling G/C....

Positives:
              Versatile, will get a lot of looks at Center as
              well... Good size and reasonably good strength at POA... Good run
              blocker, with very solid power
              ... Stays low and generally plays with
              good leverage... Very solid drive blocker... Can get movement and open
              holes in the running game... Tough, mauler, plays with a mean streak...
              Can control and steer defender once he locks on... Pulls reasonably
              well, can get to the second level... Carries his pads well... Adequate
              flexibility and body control... Attacks his assignments on the move,
              will throw his body around... Very solid pass blocker... Sets up
              reasonably quick... Patient, can sit back in his stance and absorb
              contact, good anchor... Does a nice job extending his arms and working
              his hands... Good forceful punch... Very solid bender... Good short area
              slide... Can generally get in the way and establish position.

[/quote]okay

Comment

My FINAL DEFENSIVE SLEEPER list(Top 5per positon) my FAVE is ranked 1st, after that, no paticular order, and no write ups, as i'm to tired this morning for that..lol I have spoken about just about every one of these guys at some point, anyways...

CB
                1. Anthony Gaitor CB Fla Int.- I freaking really like this kid
                2. Chris Rucker CB Michigan St- Some think he may have added versatility as a S in the NFL..
                3. Darrin Walls CB Notre Dame
                4. Cortez Allen CB Citadel
                5. Justin Rogers CB Richmond

Hon Mention- Korey Lindsey So.Illinois
                Safetys

1. Mark Legree Appalachin St.- this kid can make plays...
                2. Chris Culliver S.Carolina
                3. Davonte Shannon Buffalo- been on this kid for yrs now
                4. Shiloh Keo Idaho- i know hes not a sleeper, per say, but still think hes gonna be a good one, and hes not going till the earliest, RD 4, so close enough..lol

5. Mana Silva Hawaii

Hon Mention- Dom Decicco pitt- just has that "it" factor, and could be ST ace...

LB(middle and Outside)

1. Jonas Mouton Michigan- Hes gonna make a roster, and be solid depth, guranteed....
                2. Brian Rolle Ohio St
                3. Jabara Williams Stephen F Austin- Some real potential here...
                4. Scott Lutrus UCONN- blue collar kid, could be a solid reserve for someone..
                5. Akeem Dent Ga

Hon Mention- Thomas Keiser Stanford- more of a 3/4 rush lb, but theres some potential as a SUB here....

DT

1. Martin Parker DT Richmond- this kid would fit our team perfectly, and i love em!
                2. Cedric Thornton DT So Arkansas
                3. Ian Williams DT N.Dame- not really a sleeper, but a nice looking 4th rd type DT, i think will be a good Run Stuffing DT/NT in the pro's..
                4. Colby Whitlock DT Tex Tech- cold be solid rotational DT, that uses his motor to make plays from time to time...
                5. Ollie Ogbu DT Penn St-

Hon Mention- Sealver Sillga DT Utah- should of stayed in school, but certainly has some upside, and could become a solid run stuffing DT, with occasional pressence in the backfield

DE

1.Ugo Chinasa DE Okla St- my num DE sleeper, chinasa could be a very good player, if he just brings it on every play.. If u can get em in the right round, he offers some real upside..
                2.Ryan Winterswyk DE Boise St.
                3. Ricky Elmore DE Zona- Watched him often, and always came away impressed, spoke about him more then a few times this yr...
                4.Clay Nurse DE Illinois
                5. Brandon Bair DE Ga

Hom Men Eddie Jones DE Texas- maybe as a UDF type.. Was a huge recruit coming out of high school, kinda not huge production, but maybe you get lucky, and as a UDF, why not?

Comment

where is the list of players that the giants brought in for private workouts?

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
                    [/quote]

Good later round pick is right. IMO the guy is a tremendous leader and motivator but he doesn't have a lot of potential other than that

[/quote]
                    Not alot of potential? The guy had 20.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks last season from the MLB position and he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
                    [/quote]
                    Good call juice, Wow you're a ****ing genius!

Comment

if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.[/quote]
                        He was the first 4/3 MLB taken...ahead of your boy toy Martez Wilson who at one point you swore the Giants would take at number 19....oh yeah ur other boy toy sturduvant is still on the board too

Oh yeah and Wiesnieski who you swore would go 5th-7th just went in the 2nd.....Just admit it Slip, you suck at evaluating players

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
                          [/quote]

Good later round pick is right. IMO the guy is a tremendous leader and motivator but he doesn't have a lot of potential other than that

[/quote]
                          Not alot of potential? The guy had 20.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks last season from the MLB position and he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
                          [/quote]
                          Good call juice, Wow you're a ****ing genius!
                          [/quote]

Haha, damn you

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.[/quote]
                            He was the first 4/3 MLB taken...ahead of your boy toy Martez Wilson who at one point you swore the Giants would take at number 19....oh yeah ur other boy toy sturduvant is still on the board too

Oh yeah and Wiesnieski who you swore would go 5th-7th just went in the 2nd.....Just admit it Slip, you suck at evaluating players
                            [/quote]

Martez had a neck injury that I said could cause him to drop drastically. Sturdivant has off the field issues. If you pay attention you would notice I said both of this pre draft.

And that Wisnewski was drafted in the second by the raiders doesn't mean a lot of teams didnt think he was more of a late round pick, and that wasn't my evaluation anyway, that's what some scouts were saying.

And if we are going to argue semantics about Irving, he wasn't even drafted to play MLB, he was drafted to play outside. The broncos have DJ Williams in the middle.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.[/quote]

[/quote]

Martez had a neck injury that I said could cause him to drop drastically. Sturdivant has off the field issues. If you pay attention you would notice I said both of this pre draft.

And that Wisnewski was drafted in the second by the raiders doesn't mean a lot of teams didnt think he was more of a late round pick, and that wasn't my evaluation anyway, that's what some scouts were saying.

And if we are going to argue semantics about Irving, he wasn't even drafted to play MLB, he was drafted to play outside. The broncos have DJ Williams in the middle.[/quote]haha, i knew u were gonna re-cant your Wisnewski banter, i knew it!!lol Bottom line, he went in the 2nd round, exactly where i thought he was going, and guranteed in that same thread.. Its all good, though, just teasing you, but u seriously can't use his Uncle being a coach with OAK, as a way out of that one, u should of said that, in the thread...

Comment

I'm not recanting it, a lot of teams could have had him as a 2nd round pick, doesn't mean some teams/scouts didn't think he was worth a high pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X