Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

Hb I am watching. Taiwan Jones.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hb I am watching. Taiwan Jones.[/quote]
      Looks pretty sick....Outstanding agility, balance and acceleration, also has nice hands out of the backfield....plus his nickname is "Juice", so whats not to like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVJ82hmT8g

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"]i like nile paul as well. reminds me of anquan boldin and vincent brown outt SDST. Sometimes i wish we werent so stacked at wr lol. There are a lot of guys i like in this wr class.
        [/quote]

agreed. sometimes i wish we werent talented at all, i feel like i want the giants to draft some specific players just to keep them away from other teams heh

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]Hb I am watching. Taiwan Jones.[/quote]
          Looks pretty sick....Outstanding agility, balance and acceleration, also has nice hands out of the backfield....plus his nickname is "Juice", so whats not to like

[/quote]

He has "outstanding balance"? i hope you're right because if he does I'm all for him (never watched a down of the guy, highlights look cool tho)

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]Hb I am watching. Taiwan Jones.[/quote]

[/quote]

He's a he'll of an open field runner. I bet he has a great combine.

Comment

i wonder whats his vision like. granted you guys are going by youtube highlights and never seen him in actual game but if he has decent vision i can envision him as a returner. he has great speed and acceleration

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]Hb I am watching. Taiwan Jones.[/quote]

[/quote]

He's a he'll of an open field runner. I bet he has a great combine.[/quote]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.
                  [/quote]

Small school underclassman.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="thegreatone"][]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.
                    [/quote]

Small school underclassman.[/quote]sstill. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="thegreatone"][]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.
                      [/quote] Small school underclassman.[/quote]sstill. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.
                      [/quote]

Same

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Well, in what has become a Fun traditon on these boards, i decided to start this yrs SLEEPER thread for the 2011 NFL DRAFT... It was a awesome thread last yr, and its meant for mid to later rd guys who people think are gonna make it in the pro's and help our club or a club... Dosen't have to be Super Star, just a guy or guys who will make it and help and become known on the next level...

A guy i'm liking right now for a 6th-7th and maybe 5th if he does good at the Shrine Game and in Pre Draft workouts is DT TERRELL McCLAIN of S.FLORIDA... Hes got very good size and showed enough production to warrent middish to late rd consideration in hopes of finding a gem..McClain offers a nice mix of Run Stopping and at causing havoc in his penetration.. Coach Holtz said Measurable wise, McClain may be the best prospect they have to offer in this yrs draft.. Watch for him to make some noise in moving up some on the way toward the draft... Think 4th-6th rd with a ceiling of 3rd rd if everything in the world works out

Another player i like for the later rounds is Notre Dame CB Darrin Walls.. I've watched him his whole career as a diehard ND fan, and hes got SUNDAY potential.. Not afraid to mix it up in run support with his solid CB SIZE(6ft 190lb), and plays the ball very well in the air... Very expierenced, and easily the best Player in Notre Dames Secondary... Very solid ST player at ND.. Can play man as well as most CB's in college ball, and has nice speed and agility... A Solid all around player.. Think 4th-6th rd

One more Sleeper for now that i'll mention is Louisville TE Cameron Graham... Hes become one of my fave TE prospects out there, with his length and hands... Had 10games of at least 3catches and can block pretty solidly.. OC mike sanford has said, hes a good blend of on the line blocking TE and recevier, and also mentions, hes not the biggest TE, but he works his but off... Graham was highly recruited jr college player, getting scholarship offers from LSU and Arizona st, but chose Louisville due to playing more quickly... A definete player to keep a eye on going forward... Think 5th-7th with ceiling of late 4th...

[/quote]

Hey nyc . . . knew you'd resurface around draft time.

How are things??

Who do you like in the first and second rounds this year for the Gmen? What do you think of Mason Foster?

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"]still. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.
                          [/quote]

Well most draft places focus on the big time players, first three rounds.

There was some confusion wether he even declared because he wasn't included on the nfls list of eligible underclassmen

Comment

Here is the rosters for the Texas Vs the Nation game

Nation:
                            QB Enderle, Nathan Idaho
                            QB Yates, TJ North Carolina-smart QB who could handle Giants system.Not a bad developmental option

QB Van Camp, Jeff - Florida Atlantic
                            RB Spann, Chad Northern Illinois
                            RB Berry, Damien Miami
                            RB Draughn, Shaun - UNC
                            FB Chapas, Shaun - Georgia
                            FB/RB Payne, Keith Virginia
                            WR Newsome, Jamar - Central Florida
                            WR Holmes, Andre - Hillsdale
                            WR Johnson-Koulianos, Derrell - Iowa
                            WR Morgan, Joe - Walsh
                            WR Durham, Kris Georgia
                            WR Spencer, Owen North Carolina State
                            TE Smith, Andre Virginia Tech
                            TE Hardy, Daniel Idaho
                            TE Oordt, Schuylar - Northern Iowa- A TE with very good measrements if there accurate. 6-6 246 with a sub 4.6 40 time. A very high YPC for a TE. Dont know a lot about him but interested seeing him play against better competition then what he is used to. Maybe an UDFA pick up

OT Young, DJ Michigan State
                            OL Kilgore, Daniel - Appalachian State
                            OL Smith, Willie East Carolina
                            OL King, Jarriel - South Carolina
                            OL Davis, Josh Georgia
                            OL Porter, Curt - Jacksonville State
                            OC/OG Thorson, Brad Kansas
                            OG Johnson, Carl Florida
                            OL Hendrickson, Pete - Tulane
                            OL Taylor, Zane Utah
                            DE Marshall, Craig - USF
                            DE/DT Levingston, Lazarius LSU
                            DE White, Markus - Florida State
                            DE Nurse, Clay Illinois
                            DT Kearse, Frank Alabama A & M
                            DT Graves, John - Virginia Tech
                            DT Ajiboye, Ladi - South Carolina
                            DT Ellis, Kenrick - Hampton I
                            LB Smith, DJ - Appalachian State
                            ILB Harvey, Mario - Marshall
                            OLB DE Addison, Mario Troy
                            OLB Moten, Adrian - Maryland
                            OLB Thomas, JT West Virginia
                            OLB Hunter, Jeremiha Iowa
                            OLB/DE Gee, Mike Indiana PA/Virginia Tech
                            CB Maxwell, Byron Clemson
                            CB Cuff, Vance Georgia
                            CB Brinkley, Niles Wisconsin
                            CB Torrence, Devon Ohio State-very good sized and measurable cornerfrom Ohio State.
                            CB Gaitor, Anthony Florida International
                            S Legree, Mark - Appalachian State
                            S Rolle, Maurice University of Louisiana - Lafayette
                            DB Walters, Anthony - Delaware
                            DB Abdul-El Quddus, Isa Fordham
                            P/K Bosher, Matt - Miami (FL)
                            K Rogers, Jacob Cincinnati
                            KR/WR/RB Saunders, Jock West Virginia
                            LS Adams, Corey Kansas State

Texas:
                            QB Potts, Taylor - Texas Tech
                            QB Portis, Josh California PA/Maryland
                            QB Colburn, Ryan Fresno State
                            RB Asiata, Matt Utah
                            RB Fannin, Mario-Auburn
                            RB Finley, Jay Baylor
                            FB/RB Hughes, Robert Notre Dame
                            FB Bartlett, Justin - Carroll - MT.
                            WR Burton, Stephen -West Texas A&M
                            WR Lockett, Ricardo - Fort Valley State
                            WR Adams, Kris - UTEP
                            WR Moore, Denarius Tennessee
                            WR Matthews, Chris - Kentucky
                            WR Harris, Marcus Murray State
                            WR/KR/PR Ross, Jeremy - California
                            TE Housler, Robert Florida Atlantic University
                            TE Graham, Cameron Louisville-Should get his in this game
                            TE Skelton, Stephen - Fordham
                            OT Newton, Derek - Arkansas State
                            OG Stewart, Chris - Notre Dame
                            OL Turner, Trevis-Abilene Christian
                            OL Person, Mike-Montana State
                            OG Thompson, Isaiah-Houston
                            OL Hughes, Kevin-SE Louisiana
                            OC Barnes, Tim-Missouri
                            OL Dominguez, Ray Arkansas
                            OC Kirkpatrick, Jake - TCU-in my opinion the best O-lineman in this game. he better prove it
                            OL Bell, Byron- New Mexico
                            DE Chinasa, Ugo - Oklahoma State
                            DE Jones, Eddie Texas
                            DE Anthony, Christian Gambling State
                            DE/OLB Daniels, Wayne TCU
                            DT Whitlock, Colby - Texas Tech
                            DT Bryant, Corbin Northwestern
                            DT Patterson, Lucas Texas A & M
                            DT Lumpkin, Ricky Kentucky
                            OLB Williams, Jabara - Stephen F. Austin
                            OLB Davie, Quentin Northwestern
                            OLB/ DE Lattimore, Jamari- Middle Tennessee State
                            OLB Paysinger, Spencer - Oregon
                            ILB Duncan, Brian Texas Tech
                            ILB Baptiste, Tressor - Texas A&M Kingsville/Hofstra
                            CB Jones, Ryan - Northwest Missouri State
                            CB McGee, Andrew - Oklahoma State
                            CB Rutland, Kevin Missouri
                            CB Skrine, Buster - UT Chattanooga
                            CB Hagan, Darian - California
                            S Gomes, DeJon - Nebraska
                            S Hagg, Eric Nebraska-Later round safety prospect with experience in a nickel tweener role. Plays Linebacker,Corner and safety for Nebraska at 6-2 210
                            DB Gatlin, Josh - North Dakota State
                            DB Sherman, Richard Stanford
                            P Epperson, Derek - Baylor
                            K Weber, Thomas - Arizona State
                            KR/CB Rembert, Reggie - Air Force
                            LS Flaherty, Harry Princeton

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="thegreatone"]still. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.
                              [/quote]

Well most draft places focus on the big time players, first three rounds.

There was some confusion wether he even declared because he wasn't included on the nfls list of eligible underclassmen[/quote]well ihope to hear and see more. is he in any all star games? or will we just see him at the combine, if he is even invited.

Comment

Not really a sleeper, but is it just me or is Justin Houston not getting nearly enough credit for being an elite edge rusher. Right now most people have him as a late 1st round prospect when in my mind he's the best edge rusher in the draft.

He has great size at 6'3" 260, great production (11 sacks 20 TFL) and his burst off the line off scrimmage is unmatched through out the rest of the draft. Also Houston is supposedly a work out warrior, so I expect come combine time for his stock to go through the roof.

Right now I'd put him over Von Miller, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan and as a pure pass rusher maybe even Daquan Bowers.

I'm predicting top 10 easy, maybe even top 5 for Justin Houston

Comment

Working...
                                X