No announcement yet.

12-13 Draft Film Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for doing so many guys i asked about in past month or 2 redeye.. Guys like McDonald, Kasa, Holloman and Slay come to mind.. U can easily see why Vance McDonald intrigues me as a TE(hes moved way up draft boards since asked u for video), with his size, and ability to line up basically everywhere, and whenever a guy that guy can run with the ball like he does , and is hard to take down like he is, and also has very reliable hands, its intriguing.. Vance McDonald is very versatile, and would be a great fit in this offense i believe.. I really like the TE class this yr..

Comment

• My goal this week is to try to get into Kawann Short games he is the 1 Ive watched the least of the top 2 round guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Thanks for doing so many guys i asked about in past month or 2 redeye.. Guys like McDonald, Kasa, Holloman and Slay come to mind.. U can easily see why Vance McDonald intrigues me as a TE(hes moved way up draft boards since asked u for video), with his size, and ability to line up basically everywhere, and whenever a guy that guy can run with the ball like he does , and is hard to take down like he is, and also has very reliable hands, its intriguing.. Vance McDonald is very versatile, and would be a great fit in this offense i believe.. I really like the TE class this yr..
        hey nycsportzfan, I dont know if you saw my mock I posted yesterday. But I have Slay and Kasa both in my mock. I had Slay in the 4th and Kasa in the 5th(maybe too early?) But Kasa is one that intigues me at TE.

Comment

• Been slacking on this This vid I figure will draw some interest

Terron Armstead vs Alabama State

Comment

• Desmond Trufant vs WSU 2012

Kawann Short vs Wisconsin

Earl Wolff vs UNC 2012

Comment

• Jawann Jamison vs

Devin taylor vs LSU

Zaviar Gooden vs Tenn

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                My goal this week is to try to get into Kawann Short games he is the 1 Ive watched the least of the top 2 round guys.
                Hes very impressive.. Certainly 1st rd esque in my opinion.. A good sized, gap penetrator that stuffs the run and has a quick first step and makes impact plays,including on ST's, where he blocks kicks regularly...

Comment

• I know I am going upset a certain poster here----^ and I sorry, I am not trying to pick a fight hehe.

but that Video of Kawaan Short is really not impressive. *ducks*

I have seen him play, and he certainly had some good games(Notre Dame) and I try not to evaluate a guy sorely on 1 game, but in truth i see a lot of problems with his play in the video.

The fact that it is Wisconson, a team that is build around their Oline, doesnt help either. He gets blown out of the hole on numberous occasions, he gets stonewalled in 1v1 blocks far to often and worst of all, he seems to have a lot of trouble finding the ball carrier at times. Often he completely loses him until the guy is behind him. Lastly, and this is the worst part, he seems to either be very tired, or give up completely on some plays. I see a 2 down player, at best, in that video.

Its just 1 video, but ouch.

Scuze me while I go put on my NYCsportfan proof armor now.
                  Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-10-2013, 02:41 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• As usual thanks for putting together these film clips Redeyejedi. It's nice to take a look at some of these players I'm less familiar with.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      I know I am going upset a certain poster here----^ and I sorry, I am not trying to pick a fight hehe.

but that Video of Kawaan Short is really not impressive. *ducks*

I have seen him play, and he certainly had some good games(Notre Dame) and I try not to evaluate a guy sorely on 1 game, but in truth i see a lot of problems with his play in the video.

The fact that it is Wisconson, a team that is build around their Oline, doesnt help either. He gets blown out of the hole on numberous occasions, he gets stonewalled in 1v1 blocks far to often and worst of all, he seems to have a lot of trouble finding the ball carrier at times. Often he completely loses him until the guy is behind him. Lastly, and this is the worst part, he seems to either be very tired, or give up completely on some plays. I see a 2 down player, at best, in that video.

Its just 1 video, but ouch.
                      I had only watched his best games I wanted to get into some of the videos against better lineman to see how he played. 1 thing about Short he has been a guy ive seen associated with taking plays off. Maybe he is playing to many snaps. He also dropped 20 pounds since this video might help him some

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        I had only watched his best games I wanted to get into some of the videos against better lineman to see how he played. 1 thing about Short he has been a guy ive seen associated with taking plays off. Maybe he is playing to many snaps. He also dropped 20 pounds since this video might help him some
                        yep I knew about the weight thing, but there are a couple run plays there were he gets side blocked 10 yards away from the designed hole and I dont see him even begin to put up a fight. What worries me is the possibility that it is an effort thing and not a fitness thing. As I said above, there are times when the runner is already through the hole and at the LB level before he locates the ballcarrier with his eyes. Granted Ball is a very good back, but he isnt a small scatback who should be that hard to find, especially with as straight forward a blocking system as Wisconsin uses. If you are being trap blocked to your right, that is because the ballcarrier is trying to go to your left, so your fight the block in that direction.

I also noted how often on passing plays he was just completely stonewalled in 1v1 blocks. That happens to everyone, in every game, even the best players. But you would hope when it does happen that the guy at least gets his hands up to force the Qb to maybe wait a half second longer to throw, or alter his trajectory, or change the passing lanes...etc. I dont even see him do that.

It appears as though he is capable of a nice burst at the snap sometimes. But when that burst doesnt get him immediate results i see a bit too much quit, or fatigue, or something. Whatever it is, in that video, I dont like it.

Again, I am not saying he isnt a good player, just that 1 game is horrid. If I am a NFL GM, I am putting that tape and asking a few questions of this kid. Because there are moments in that video where he looks like a day 3 pick.

*edit* oh and Ty for the vid. that was 1 i had not seen. Appreciate it. Now I must go make out my will so that my wife is protected when NYC comes in here and E-murders me
                        Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-10-2013, 03:07 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

yep I knew about the weight thing, but there are a couple run plays there were he gets side blocked 10 yards away from the designed hole and I dont see him even begin to put up a fight. What worries me is the possibility that it is an effort thing and not a fitness thing. As I said above, there are times when the runner is already through the hole and at the LB level before he locates the ballcarrier with his eyes. Granted Ball is a very good back, but he isnt a small scatback who should be that hard to find, especially with as straight forward a blocking system as Wisconsin uses. If you are being trap blocked to your right, that is because the ballcarrier is trying to go to your left, so your fight the block in that direction.

I also noted how often on passing plays he was just completely stonewalled in 1v1 blocks. That happens to everyone, in every game, even the best players. But you would hope when it does happen that the guy at least gets his hands up to force the Qb to maybe wait a half second longer to throw, or alter his trajectory, or change the passing lanes...etc. I dont even see him do that.

It appears as though he is capable of a nice burst at the snap sometimes. But when that burst doesnt get him immediate results i see a bit too much quit, or fatigue, or something. Whatever it is, in that video, I dont like it.

Again, I am not saying he isnt a good player, just that 1 game is horrid. If I am a NFL GM, I am putting that tape and asking a few questions of this kid. Because there are moments in that video where he looks like a day 3 pick.

*edit* oh and Ty for the vid. that was 1 i had not seen. Appreciate it. Now I must go make out my will so that my wife is protected when NYC comes in here and E-murders me
                          Yeah its a new 1 I cut it 2 days ago.

Comment

• Nah, i dont care if ur critical of Short santaman.. To each his own.. I never agreed about ur liking Tony Jefferson more then Kenny Vaccaro, as to each there own.. I'm completely sold on Kawaan Short, and hes been very consistent his entire career at Purdue.. I'm glad the game that he hasen't looked his best is against a team that simply is better then purdue, and churns out tons and tons of 1st, 2nd, nad 3rd rd olineman as well as Rb's...

Short simply is a impact DT, who is unique as he can play with a one gap and two gap mentality, as hes strong enough to hold up at the point, but can penetrate and make impact plays behind the line as well.. His quickness in small areas is second to none, and he uses his hands very well, hence why he can bat passes down and block kicks, and also force fumbles... He comes off like a blitzing LB at times, with how fast he ends up shooting the gap and gets to the ball carrier or QB, its quite remarkable... 19.5sacks, and 45TFL since 2010! Thats pretty dang consistent to say the least... I love how he uses his long arms and hands, and his burst off the ball.. I don't think theres a better DT in this class, as far as impact players... I think teams are overlooking this kid if anything, and hes a extremely safe bet... He kinda reminds me of a young cullen jenkins to be honest....

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              Nah, i dont care if ur critical of Short santaman.. To each his own.. I never agreed about ur liking Tony Jefferson more then Kenny Vaccaro, as to each there own.. I'm completely sold on Kawaan Short, and hes been very consistent his entire career at Purdue.. I'm glad the game that he hasen't looked his best is against a team that simply is better then purdue, and churns out tons and tons of 1st, 2nd, nad 3rd rd olineman as well as Rb's...

Short simply is a impact DT, who is unique as he can play with a one gap and two gap mentality, as hes strong enough to hold up at the point, but can penetrate and make impact plays behind the line as well.. His quickness in small areas is second to none, and he uses his hands very well, hence why he can bat passes down and block kicks, and also force fumbles... He comes off like a blitzing LB at times, with how fast he ends up shooting the gap and gets to the ball carrier or QB, its quite remarkable... 19.5sacks, and 45TFL since 2010! Thats pretty dang consistent to say the least... I love how he uses his long arms and hands, and his burst off the ball.. I don't think theres a better DT in this class, as far as impact players... I think teams are overlooking this kid if anything, and hes a extremely safe bet... He kinda reminds me of a young cullen jenkins to be honest....
                              Ok well 1st off I dont believe I ever said Jefferson over Vaccaro as far as prospects go. I said Jefferson was having a better season. I had a beef with Vaccaro for about the 1st half of the football season, as I did with all of Texas highly touted defensive players because they were ALL greatly underperforming. Vaccaro included. In fact, I believe I have said all along that I like Elam as far as safeties go. Vaccaro improved himself in my eyes with better late season play. In all your Rambo threads, I beleive I said Elam was my guy.

Again tho, I am against Short. I just have a hard time watching that video. It is painful to watch him because there are some glaring problems there. Based on that video, i do not think he will be a 1st rounder, as you have suggested. In other videos(Notre Dame) he looks much better. But that Wisconson vid will cast a shadow of doubt on him in some GM's eyes. Enough so that I doubt he goes in the 1st. I have been wrong before tho.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok well 1st off I dont believe I ever said Jefferson over Vaccaro as far as prospects go. I said Jefferson was having a better season. I had a beef with Vaccaro for about the 1st half of the football season, as I did with all of Texas highly touted defensive players because they were ALL greatly underperforming. Vaccaro included. In fact, I believe I have said all along that I like Elam as far as safeties go. Vaccaro improved himself in my eyes with better late season play. In all your Rambo threads, I beleive I said Elam was my guy.

Again tho, I am against Short. I just have a hard time watching that video. It is painful to watch him because there are some glaring problems there. Based on that video, i do not think he will be a 1st rounder, as you have suggested. In other videos(Notre Dame) he looks much better. But that Wisconson vid will cast a shadow of doubt on him in some GM's eyes. Enough so that I doubt he goes in the 1st. I have been wrong before tho.
                                its not the point about Jefferson and Vaccaro, but more so just simply implying that u can't agree on everyone.. I think its a safe bet he goes in RD1.. hes just way to talented to not.. He tore up the Big10 the past couple yrs at a v ery consistent level and to think people talk about him not giving effort on every play and thats what hes doing, is scary.. Teams will think all they gotta do is motivate this guy and get him understanding how good he really can be with consistent effort, and they will have a perrenial probowler.. Hes got the size, strength, burst, and instincts to be one of the better DT's in football.. I love em..

Comment

Working...
                                X