Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

I keep going back and fourth with WR or DE...Idk...what do u guys think and why?

Re: What positions do we target in the first two rounds next year?

DE in the first, TE in the second.

This is of course without any knowledge of projected talent pool.

Justification:

DE- Osi in my estimation will be traded in the offseason, meaning after the 2012 season, both Tuck and Kiwi become FAs. Too much turnover at the position to not have another body.

TE- I don't think anything need be said.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]

DE in the first, TE in the second.

This is of course without any knowledge of projected talent pool.

Justification:

DE- Osi in my estimation will be traded in the offseason, meaning after the 2012 season, both Tuck and Kiwi become FAs. Too much turnover at the position to not have another body.

TE- I don't think anything need be said.

[/quote]

good point about osi and the turnover, I didnt even think of that...and DE is a position the giants value greatly......and I would love TE in the second, from everything I've heard there are no TE's worth a 1st round pick.

Comment

RT in the first round...McKenzie is on the downside of his career

TE in the second round...obvious reasons

Or vice versa

Comment

I'm sticking with CB

Comment

QB. And tackle/guard.
            Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

DE and CB.

We move on from T2 and have to draft another corner and sign someone. You need four good corners in my opinion.

DE for the same reasons Lawl mentioned above.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I thought DB/CB too
                Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

interior lineman in the second wouldn't be terrible.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"]I keep going back and fourth with WR or DE...Idk...what do u guys think and why?[/quote]

I really don't think we need to draft a WR. I think we are pretty muchset at WR with Nicks, Manningham, Cruz.

Giants needs from my view: TE, DT, CB, LB

New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Cb/DT & LB.....
                      TT off of IR & a FA....Webster will be getting close to 30 & making big $$$...prince,we don't know yet, & we've seen how bad our DB depth looks (besides eagles game)...
                      DT, canty is overpaid,Joseph we don't know what were dealing with yet, & Austin will be off of IR & 2 years out of football....
                      LB, kiwi is a DE, we need a legit full-time SLB....& goff straight off IR and average at best even when healthy, Jones we don't know what we have in him either..

Comment

1.BPA
                        2.BPA

cause that's what we do

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
                          2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
                          mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA 2.BPA cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need When we got KP for instance Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft WR was a must

I think it'll be a
                            mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2 I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1 So basically i'd say Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
                            [/quote]

+!

The Giants definitely factor need into the equation but I don't think that they go into a draft targeting certain positions in the first two rounds. That's a good way to have a bad draft . . . . .

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]1.BPA
                              2.BPA

cause that's what we do[/quote] pretty much but also with a hint of what we need** When we got KP for instance* Safety was a need as well and same can be said with JPP as OSI is and was injury prone and no spring chicken and tuck is not super young albeit not super old either and nothing behind them and the Nicks draft* WR was a must

*I think it'll be a
                              mix of BPA and need and i'll lean toward Oline or Secondary if u put a gun to my head and in RD 2*** I'd say TE if Dwayne Allen is available and if hes not then i'd say Dline or Oline if we didn't go oline in RD 1** So basically i'd say* Oline/Secondary/Dline is the area that sticks out with a outside chance of WR depending on how the rest of the yr goes* Especially if someone like Ryan Broyles or Sanu drops to us in RD 2
                              [/quote]true but I highly doubt they'd pass on a Jeffery or Floyd regardless of how our wr corps does. Not saying they'll be there just saying while your right about need bein a factor I think bpa has been their main focus or else we would have taken a lbr within the last 3 years early

Comment

Working...
                              X