Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team

I have done this the past two years and had a good time putting these teams together. The first year I did it I only did deep sleeper players. They were mostly from small schools and I didn't get the best feedback, lol. Last year I added mid-round sleepers too, so it might be a little less boring for some people to read.

Strick's notable 2013 sleepers

Latavius Murray RB UCF (put together some big games for Oakland at the end of the year), Charles Johnson WR Grand Valley St (Solid for the Vikes last year), Jordan Mills OT Louisana Tech (Has been a Bears starter on the OL), David Bass DE Missouri Western St (Had some nice games for the Bears), Melvin White CB Louisiana Lafayette (Solid games for the Panthers), and Cooper Taylor (Could be our starting safety next year)

Full 2013 team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....l-Sleeper-Team

Strick's Notable 2014 sleepers

Aaron Lynch USF (Solid for the 49'ers), Seantrel Henderson Miami (Bills starter), and Jay Bromley DT 'Cuse (Looked good for us in limited playing time). It's still early in their careers, so not a lot of them have gotten a chance yet. We will see after yr 2 like my 2013 sleeper team.

Full 2014 team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....l-Sleeper-Team

Now for the 2015 team. Before I start I will let you know the the first guys listed at each position will be mid round sleepers (currently 4th-5th round projected). The 2nd guys listed will be the late round sleepers (Currently 6th-UDFA projected). I will be using CBS Sports projections and listed positions (example... Zach Zenner is listed at FB, but very well could be a RB in the NFL)

QB- Garrett Grayson Colorado St / Brandon Bridge South Alabama
    RB- Josh Robinson Miss St / Brandon Wegher Morningside
    FB- Tyler Varga Yale / Zach Zenner South Dakota St
    TE- Blake Bell Oklahoma / E.J Bibbs Iowa St
    WR- Kenny Bell Nebraska / Austin Hill Arizona
    WR- Stefon Diggs Maryland / Geremy Davis UCONN
    OT- Tyrus Thompson Oklahoma / Andrew Donnal Iowa
    OT- Sean Hickey Syracuse / Jamon Brown Louisville
    OG- Josue Matias Florida St / Robert Meyers Tennessee St
    OG- Jamil Douglas Arizona St / Adam Snead Oklahoma
    C- Andy Gallik Boston College / Max Garcia Florida

DE- Henry Anderson Stanford / Cedric Reed Texas
    DE- Shaquille Red**** WVU / Deion Barnes Penn St
    DT- Gabe Wright Auburn / Louis Trinca-Pasat Iowa
    DT- Xavier Williams Northern Iowa / Darius Kilgo Maryland
    OLB- Mike Hull Penn St / Matrell Spaight Arkansas
    OLB- Jake Ryan Michigan / Derrick Malone Jr Oregon
    MLB- Ramik Wilson Georgia / Zach Vigil Utah St
    CB- Kevin White TCU / Quandre Diggs Texas
    CB- Charles Gaines Louisville / Justin Coleman Tennessee
    S- Durell Eskridge Syracuse / Anthony Harris Virginia
    S- Adrian Amos Penn St / Cedric Thompson Minnesota

I think this is clearly my best one yet. It seemed like this draft was a lot deeper all around then the last two... or maybe I just knew the prospects better this year. Any feedback would be great!
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Big fan of a couple guys on this list.

1. Josh Robinson RB Miss St - Love this kid as a 5th round or later guy. Has a ton of fight in him from his tough background and reminds me a bit of a less elusive Ahmad Bradshaw.

2. Kenny Bell WR Neb - He's a reliable target. I can't see him ever being a number one but I think he could be a solid go to guy like a Jason Avant, Earl Bennett, Amani Toomer kinda guy. Nice hands, good catching away from his body, and not too shabby a route runner.

3. Gabe Wright DT AUB - This is a guy i REALLY like. Wright flashed surprising explosion and quickness out of his stance. On some plays he's in the backfield before the QB can even hand the ball off. If he finds a way to be more consistent with that then watch out because he has Geno Atkins potential.

4. Anthony Harris S Virginia - I actually like all the safeties you listed but I like Harris the most because I think he has the best Man to man skills of them all. extremely smart player as well who makes good plays on the ball. Not the best in run support but not for lack of trying.

5. Jake Ryan ILB Michigan - He was my first official man crush of the college football season. I don't remember who Michigan was playing but this guy was just EVERYWHERE! It seemed like after every play you heard "Tackle by number 47 Jake Ryan". He's a thickly built backer too with an all american face. I see him as a poor man's Luke Kuechly.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
      Big fan of a couple guys on this list.

1. Josh Robinson RB Miss St - Love this kid as a 5th round or later guy. Has a ton of fight in him from his tough background and reminds me a bit of a less elusive Ahmad Bradshaw.

2. Kenny Bell WR Neb - He's a reliable target. I can't see him ever being a number one but I think he could be a solid go to guy like a Jason Avant, Earl Bennett, Amani Toomer kinda guy. Nice hands, good catching away from his body, and not too shabby a route runner.

3. Gabe Wright DT AUB - This is a guy i REALLY like. Wright flashed surprising explosion and quickness out of his stance. On some plays he's in the backfield before the QB can even hand the ball off. If he finds a way to be more consistent with that then watch out because he has Geno Atkins potential.

4. Anthony Harris S Virginia - I actually like all the safeties you listed but I like Harris the most because I think he has the best Man to man skills of them all. extremely smart player as well who makes good plays on the ball. Not the best in run support but not for lack of trying.

5. Jake Ryan ILB Michigan - He was my first official man crush of the college football season. I don't remember who Michigan was playing but this guy was just EVERYWHERE! It seemed like after every play you heard "Tackle by number 47 Jake Ryan". He's a thickly built backer too with an all american face. I see him as a poor man's Luke Kuechly.
      I appreciate it man. I agree with just about everything you said! Bell is a guy that will do better in the NFL than he did in college imo. He never had a QB who was a throwing threat at all. He displayed great athleticism at the combine as well. He's a very willing blocker (his block a few yrs back vs Wisconsin was INSANE). I like the player comparisons that you made for him. He should be a solid #2 or #3 WR at least

Harris is a guy who can make a play on the ball, but won't deliver a big hit typically. He is usually a pretty reliable tackler though. He will rarely make someone pay for going across the middle though. I think he's a really solid player and I'm not sure why he has fallen so far in the projections. He should be a steal

I like what you said about Ryan. He was all over the field. He might not be the best in coverage, but he is a beast against the run!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
        I appreciate it man. I agree with just about everything you said! Bell is a guy that will do better in the NFL than he did in college imo. He never had a QB who was a throwing threat at all. He displayed great athleticism at the combine as well. He's a very willing blocker (his block a few yrs back vs Wisconsin was INSANE). I like the player comparisons that you made for him. He should be a solid #2 or #3 WR at least

Harris is a guy who can make a play on the ball, but won't deliver a big hit typically. He is usually a pretty reliable tackler though. He will rarely make someone pay for going across the middle though. I think he's a really solid player and I'm not sure why he has fallen so far in the projections. He should be a steal

I like what you said about Ryan. He was all over the field. He might not be the best in coverage, but he is a beast against the run!
        Another guy you should check out is Donald Celiscar CB from Western Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
          Another guy you should check out is Donald Celiscar CB from Western Michigan

That's the first I've heard of him honestly. He looks like he's a pretty physical CB! You should watch Kevin White CB TCU vs West Virginia. He shut down the better known Kevin White, lol. He's a scrappy 5'9 CB. If he was 6ft tall he would be a guy projected in the 1st 2 rounds imo. He's projected in the 4th right now which seems like excellent value
          sigpic

Comment

I have done this the past two years and had a good time putting these teams together. The first year I did it I only did deep sleeper players. They were mostly from small schools and I didn't get the best feedback, lol. Last year I added mid-round sleepers too, so it might be a little less boring for some people to read.

Strick's notable 2013 sleepers

Latavius Murray RB UCF (put together some big games for Oakland at the end of the year), Charles Johnson WR Grand Valley St (Solid for the Vikes last year), Jordan Mills OT Louisana Tech (Has been a Bears starter on the OL), David Bass DE Missouri Western St (Had some nice games for the Bears), Melvin White CB Louisiana Lafayette (Solid games for the Panthers), and Cooper Taylor (Could be our starting safety next year)

Full 2013 team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....l-Sleeper-Team

Strick's Notable 2014 sleepers

Aaron Lynch USF (Solid for the 49'ers), Seantrel Henderson Miami (Bills starter), and Jay Bromley DT 'Cuse (Looked good for us in limited playing time). It's still early in their careers, so not a lot of them have gotten a chance yet. We will see after yr 2 like my 2013 sleeper team.

Full 2014 team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....l-Sleeper-Team

____________________________________________________________________

Now for the 2015 team. Before I start I will let you know the the first guys listed at each position will be mid round sleepers (currently 4th-5th round projected). The 2nd guys listed will be the late round sleepers (Currently 6th-UDFA projected). I will be using CBS Sports projections and listed positions (example... Zach Zenner is listed at FB, but very well could be a RB in the NFL)

QB- Garrett Grayson Colorado St / Brandon Bridge South Alabama
            RB- Josh Robinson Miss St / Brandon Wegher Morningside
            FB- Tyler Varga Yale / Zach Zenner South Dakota St
            TE- Blake Bell Oklahoma / E.J Bibbs Iowa St
            WR- Kenny Bell Nebraska / Austin Hill Arizona
            WR- Stefon Diggs Maryland / Geremy Davis UCONN
            OT- Tyrus Thompson Oklahoma / Andrew Donnal Iowa
            OT- Sean Hickey Syracuse / Jamon Brown Louisville
            OG- Josue Matias Florida St / Robert Meyers Tennessee St
            OG- Jamil Douglas Arizona St / Adam Snead Oklahoma
            C- Andy Gallik Boston College / Max Garcia Florida

DE- Henry Anderson Stanford / Cedric Reed Texas
            DE- Shaquille Red**** WVU / Deion Barnes Penn St
            DT- Gabe Wright Auburn / Louis Trinca-Pasat Iowa
            DT- Xavier Williams Northern Iowa / Darius Kilgo Maryland
            OLB- Mike Hull Penn St / Matrell Spaight Arkansas
            OLB- Jake Ryan Michigan / Derrick Malone Jr Oregon
            MLB- Ramik Wilson Georgia / Zach Vigil Utah St
            CB- Kevin White TCU / Quandre Diggs Texas
            CB- Charles Gaines Louisville / Justin Coleman Tennessee
            S- Durell Eskridge Syracuse / Anthony Harris Virginia
            S- Adrian Amos Penn St / Cedric Thompson Minnesota

I think this is clearly my best one yet. It seemed like this draft was a lot deeper all around then the last two... or maybe I just knew the prospects better this year. Any feedback would be great!
            I like a lot of those guys, but if you want some props, you need to shorten that list down a bit. Cant list half the players lol.

I actually like Bryce Petty for QB a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              I like a lot of those guys, but if you want some props, you need to shorten that list down a bit. Cant list half the players lol.

I actually like Bryce Petty for QB a lot.
              That's kind of what I did in 2013 with solid results for quite a few of the guys I listed. The feedback wasn't the best though. Click the link lmao...

Obviously I would need a lot more of the guys to pan out for it to be impressive.

Petty was rated too high for me to be able to list him. I think he could be a solid QB though
              sigpic

Comment

That's kind of what I did in 2013 with solid results for quite a few of the guys I listed. The feedback wasn't the best though. Click the link lmao...

Obviously I would need a lot more of the guys to pan out for it to be impressive.

Petty was rated too high for me to be able to list him. I think he could be a solid QB though
                I gotcha.

Lots of good players on this years list.

Where is Dyshawn Davis? lol

Comment

I gotcha.

Lots of good players on this years list.

Where is Dyshawn Davis? lol
                  ****... I can't believe I forgot to put him down! He was a guy I had in mind for this list for a while. I like his game a lot. I had Hickey and Eskridge, but forgot Davis... who might have been my favorite player to watch on Syracuse
                  sigpic

Comment

****... I can't believe I forgot to put him down! He was a guy I had in mind for this list for a while. I like his game a lot. I had Hickey and Eskridge, but forgot Davis... who might have been my favorite player to watch on Syracuse
                    Ha, yeah. I like Cameron Lynch too. He is small at 5_11 228lbs, but plays very smart and has great instincts and toughness. 97tackles, 12 for loss, 7 sacks in 2014.

He could have a shot to make the Giants late 7th round pick or Undrafted.

I really want to see how Spruill and Jerome Smith play in ATL this season. I liked both them last year.

Comment

Ha, yeah. I like Cameron Lynch too. He is small at 5_11 228lbs, but plays very smart and has great instincts and toughness. 97tackles, 12 for loss, 7 sacks in 2014.

He could have a shot to make the Giants late 7th round pick or Undrafted.

I really want to see how Spruill and Jerome Smith play in ATL this season. I liked both them last year.
                      +1 On Spruill and Smith! Didn't Spruill blow his knee out? I'm hoping he can make full recovery
                      sigpic

Comment

where is your weekly mock?

Comment

+1 On Spruill and Smith! Didn't Spruill blow his knee out? I'm hoping he can make full recovery
                          Yup. ACL. I think preseason too. Never got to see him play.

Comment

That's the first I've heard of him honestly. He looks like he's a pretty physical CB! You should watch Kevin White CB TCU vs West Virginia. He shut down the better known Kevin White, lol. He's a scrappy 5'9 CB. If he was 6ft tall he would be a guy projected in the 1st 2 rounds imo. He's projected in the 4th right now which seems like excellent value
                            Oh trust me I know about TCU's Kevin White. Been watching him for a while. I liked him back when I was evaluating Jason Verrett. He and Verrett are close in play style as great technicians but I think Verrett was the overall more refined guy.

Comment

Yup. ACL. I think preseason too. Never got to see him play.
                              Yep ACL. But from all accounts he was a guy the Falcons staff was excited about.

Comment

Working...
                              X