Jmike draft expert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jmike draft expert

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Mr. Zolo"][quote user="allentown PA"]I like that LT from Gerogia..I heard he will go late 1st too..if he is there I wonder what they do.[/quote]

You mean Cordy Glenn? I wouldn't mind drafting him, but I don't know if he'll fall to the Giants. I think it might be Mike Adams, the tackle from Ohio State, cause the Giants need someone to replace McKenzie after the season.

Personally, I'd love it if Zach Brown fell to the Giants, cause he'd be a natural to replace Kiwi at LB if Kiwi moves back to DE, which only happens if Osi leaves.[/quote]In my opinion, Zach Brown is a glorified Jock Williams. Not someone we should look at.[/quote]

I don't really see any flaws with Zach Brown. He's got the size and speed to contend with the dangerous TE's in the NFC (Witten, Graham, Finley, Vernon Davis) and get to the QB. Seems to be ideal against fast teams like the Eagles. You put Brown and his speed behind the Giants nascar Package, and they can really excel.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]
      not sure if prince falling there was the reason they would take corner or if they still would have anyway but she actually called DT in the 2nd and OL in the 4th, then the stock piling of backers in later rounds...either way it was pretty cool..I hope she does a mock this year...im looking forward to reading a few of the people's on here mocks.[/quote]

Me and her did a mock about a week or two before that last draft. We actually got a bunch of the early picks right, the lions were the team that I missed on. We had both Prince and Fairley on the board, she argued with me that the lions might take Fairley over Prince, I didnt think they would as they were fairly loaded at DT and real short at CB.

But she was right, after Prince got past the lions the next natural spot for him was the giants.

Could have been an interesting turn however, if lions took Prince and the giants instead had Fairley on the board.[/quote]

cool..i didnt know u guys did a mock of all teams..i thought just the giants..i do know she was rite about Liguet being a bad fit in SD.

Comment

[quote user="Mr. Zolo"]

I don't really see any flaws with Zach Brown. [/quote]

He has crappy instincts and he is not a physical downhill player at all.

Hes essentially a slightly more athletic version of Jacquain Williams.... Who the giants already have on the team.

Really Brown adds nothing that the giants dont already have. What they really need is an inside linebacker. They are pretty well off outside with Boley, Kiwi, and Williams.

Comment

whats ur take on the Tackle from Gerogia...redeye and the guys think he is a late 1st rounder..would love to get him..i personally have never been sold on beatty and have no expectations for brewer.

Comment

not sure if prince falling there was the reason they would take corner or if they still would have anyway but she actually called DT in the 2nd and OL in the 4th, then the stock piling of backers in later rounds...either way it was pretty cool..I hope she does a mock this year...im looking forward to reading a few of the people's on here mocks.[/quote]

Me and her did a mock about a week or two before that last draft. We actually got a bunch of the early picks right, the lions were the team that I missed on. We had both Prince and Fairley on the board, she argued with me that the lions might take Fairley over Prince, I didnt think they would as they were fairly loaded at DT and real short at CB.

But she was right, after Prince got past the lions the next natural spot for him was the giants.

Could have been an interesting turn however, if lions took Prince and the giants instead had Fairley on the board.[/quote]

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?

Comment

I think Glenn is a mid to late 1st round pick, but im not sure he is a fit for the giants.

He is quite a bit heavier than the rest of the giants linemen, and they generally seem to like the smaller guys who pull/trap better, though Shawn Andrews was about the same size as Glenn.

I think its probably 50/50 at best he is still on the board when the giants pick. Hes a near perfect fit for the steelers, who need help at guard and RT. Also could see the lions, Ravens, and 9ers taking a good look at him.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"]

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?[/quote]

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.

Comment

does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.

Comment

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?[/quote]

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo

Comment

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"]
                          wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo[/quote]

they run mostly 1 gap 3-4, similar to what Dallas runs. But he played a lot of 3-4 end in college, so i wouldnt think its a bad schematic fit, more Liuget just adjusting to the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.[/quote]

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo[/quote]He isn't poorly suited to play 5T IMO, I just think he would be a better 3T.

He wasn't too bad, but he didn't even hit 50% of their snaps.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.[/quote]

I dont think so, Liuget had experience at 5t, and had shown he had the ability to 2 gap.

Fairley was a completely different type of player. He was a get skinny and shoot gaps type of DT.

Comment

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo[/quote]

they run mostly 1 gap 3-4, similar to what Dallas runs. But he played a lot of 3-4 end in college, so i wouldnt think its a bad schematic fit, more Liuget just adjusting to the NFL.[/quote]

would he have been good with us?? and what are ur expectations for marvin austin..i was excited with the pick but he is now 2 years removed from playing the game..im not sure anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X