Strick's Mocks 2016-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulwilks98 View Post
    Wayne Gallman from Clemson is also a really tough runner...i liked his attitude and toughness tonight.
    Me as well -- like his size and speed as well --- would not mind him in round #3 or #4 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by nygiants1234 View Post
      Demarcus Walker is 6'2 275LBS no clue where you saw 5'10 235lb. Walker is pretty much the same size as Osi was coming out.

http://www.scout.com/player/159315-demarcus-walker
      He was asking how big Perine was, so that was the height and weight I gave him. I like Walker's size. I think he will be able to play a bit inside and outside. Would bring some versatility to the DL
      sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by paulwilks98 View Post
        Wayne Gallman from Clemson is also a really tough runner...i liked his attitude and toughness tonight.
        Yeah, he is a tough runner for sure. There are quite a few RB's in this draft that we can get in the mid-round range that could compliment Perkins really well I think.
        sigpic

Comment

O.J Howard is still my top option in the 1st round, but I figured I might as well try and mix it up and try and use mostly new players in this mock.

1st round- Caleb Brantley DT Florida- I think we will likely sign either JPP or Hankins back. I think JPP probably will have the higher chance of being brought back. Brantley would be a guy that I would love to get if we were going to into the season without Hankins. He is a guy that makes a lot of plays at the DT position. With someone like Snacks getting so much attention I think it would really open things up for Brantley to make some plays.

2nd round- Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington- He isn't the best athlete, but he knows how to get open. He uses his body well to get in position to make a play. The kid just knows how to play the game. He rarely drops a pass too. He is fun to watch.

3rd round- Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova- This guy is an absolute physical specimen. He is 6'6 285 and looks like he doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. He didn't play the best competition and has some refining to do in his game, but he would be a really solid DE to throw into the rotation. He has the physical tools to become an absolute nightmare on defense. I am really interested to see what kind of numbers he puts up at the combine.

4th round- Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas- I really like this guy. I think he is overshadowed, because he had Hunter Henry on his team last year. This year he is in a very talented TE class and he is kind of just flying under the radar. I think he has all the tools to become a solid NFL TE.

5th round- Jamaal Williams RB BYU- He is a bigger RB with track experience. He runs with some power and obviously has some speed with his track background. He has a nice stiff arm and he makes some really solid cuts as well. I think he would be a nice guy to pair with Perkins going forward. He is someone I could see rising up the boards as the draft gets closer.

6th round- Greg Pyke OG Georgia- I would clearly like to address OL earlier in the draft if possible, because that is clearly an area that this team could improve. I think Flowers should be moved to RT. I do think that there are options at LT in FA that we should definitely check out. I think Pyke would be a nice addition to the OL for depth purposes right away.

STRENGTHS: Pyke possesses great core strength and leg drive which allows him to push defensive tackles off the ball on his way toward the second level.
          Understands angles, consistently placing himself between the defender and his running back. Creative when blocking on the move, striking defenders with force when he resorting to cut blocks when necessary. Doesn't waste time worrying about defenders who may have slipped past, instead re-focusing on other targets, often blocking multiple opponents on the same play.

In pass protection, Pyke shows good initial quickness, as well as lateral agility to mirror defenders. He attacks defenders with a strong initial punch and anchors well due to proper knee bend and his core strength. Alert to stunts and surprise blitzes.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal agility to track down linebackers.
          --Rob Rang (9/1/15)

7th round- Sojourn Shelton CB Wisconsin- I think he would be a guy that would be nice at CB. He would be someone that could contribute on ST's and he is someone that would be able to provide nice depth at nickel/dime CB. He is a smaller CB, so I am not sure if he would have a future playing on the outside, but if you are able to get an effective ST's player and someone who provides nice depth in the 7th round, that's a solid pick.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Jamaal Williams and Cooper Kupp look good. I've never heard of them before. Williams runs with good vision, power, and looks to have some short area quickness. Kupp reminds me of Jordy Nelson.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
              Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

You know -- I really haven't been thinking DT in the 1st but you may have a great point wit h Brantley.

If we were to re-sign JPP but not Hankins -- we would be set at DE but have a gap inside. Yes - we would have Bromley and our other back-up tackle but if we got Brantley who looks really stout but also quick we could add a legit 3T sort of in the A-Donald mold that can break thru and create plays for loss / pressure the QB.

I like the Brantley highlights very much.

Krupp is also interesting....I do expect the Giants to find a #2 outside WR in FA but if we don't and they believe Kupp can play on the perimeter in The NFL he would be interesting. I love reliable players over guys who look great in shorts and Kupp sure as hell looks reliable. Reminds me a bit of E-McCaffrey and/ or maybe J-Nelson.

Comment

Impressed with Jamaal Williams. Run like AP( runs angry).

Comment

Williams looks good. I have him on my radar. Though, looks like he runs high not that much bend.
                    De Veon Smith (Michigan) is someone i like in the 4th or 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                      Jamaal Williams and Cooper Kupp look good. I've never heard of them before. Williams runs with good vision, power, and looks to have some short area quickness. Kupp reminds me of Jordy Nelson.
                      Kupp is someone I liked quite a bit last year, but he stayed for his Senior year. I was hoping he would declare, so he could be a mid-round steal, but I can't complain with how we drafted last year. I think Kupp would be a good compliment to the more explosive WR's we have OBJ/Shep.

Williams is someone I stumbled into a few weeks ago and have been really intrigued since then. I saw a few BYU games on TV this year, but wasn't paying attention too much. I do like his mix of pure speed, acceleration, and power.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                        You know -- I really haven't been thinking DT in the 1st but you may have a great point wit h Brantley.

If we were to re-sign JPP but not Hankins -- we would be set at DE but have a gap inside. Yes - we would have Bromley and our other back-up tackle but if we got Brantley who looks really stout but also quick we could add a legit 3T sort of in the A-Donald mold that can break thru and create plays for loss / pressure the QB.

I like the Brantley highlights very much.

Krupp is also interesting....I do expect the Giants to find a #2 outside WR in FA but if we don't and they believe Kupp can play on the perimeter in The NFL he would be interesting. I love reliable players over guys who look great in shorts and Kupp sure as hell looks reliable. Reminds me a bit of E-McCaffrey and/ or maybe J-Nelson.
                        I agree with Brantley. If we lose Hankins I feel like Brantley would be a really solid option in the 1st round. I would still prefer to grab OJ Howard if he is available, but I would not complain at all if we ended up wit Brantley in the first round.

Kupp is a really crafty guy. He isn't the fastest WR in the world (just off watching him play), but he knows how to get open. He uses his body well to get in position to make a play on the ball. He rarely drops passes that are thrown to him too. I think he would be a great fit next to OBJ and Shep
                        sigpic
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
                          Impressed with Jamaal Williams. Run like AP( runs angry).
                          Really interesting RB I think. I am not sure why he is so low on the projections, because from the clips and game cut-ups I have seen I was more impressed with him than a lot of guys that are projected higher than him. I guess a decent amount of that has to do with the fact that he didn't play in a major conference, but he is definitely someone I will have my eye on. I am interested to see what kind of numbers he puts up at the combine/pro day
                          sigpic
                          Mock Draft
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                            Williams looks good. I have him on my radar. Though, looks like he runs high not that much bend.
                            De Veon Smith (Michigan) is someone i like in the 4th or 5th round.
                            I agree with Williams and Smith. They are both tougher runners and fun to watch. I believe Smith has some injury concerns, but I may be wrong. That may be a big reason why he is projected so low, because he always looked solid when I was watching Michigan this year.
                            sigpic
                            Mock Draft

Comment

Another, Michigan player i lile later in the draft is Kyle Kalis OG. His father played in the NFL. Listed 6ft 5in 300+lbs. I am thinking 5th round. He playing in the upcoming Senior Bowl game.

Comment

I could see us taking Brantley or Solomon Thomas in the 1st. Thomas is listed as 273 right now, but I think he'll show up to the combine a little heavier and I think he could get up to 285+. Either of those guys could be the penetrating 3t that we've all been hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                                X