OL Strategy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draft a LT. (Lamp or Ramcyzk)
    Sign 2 FA. RT, RG. (Remmers, Leary/Lang)

Am undecided on Flowers, whether to give him a shot at G, or to see what we can get for him in a trade.
    1-Forrest Lamp-(OT-Western Kentucky)
    2-DeMarcus Walker-(DE-Florida State)
    3-Wayne Gallman-(RB-Clemson)
    3-Anthony Walker-(ILB-Northwestern)
    4-KD Cannon-(WR-Baylor)
    6-Joshua Dobbs-(QB-Tennessee)

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      The risk is the money can be spent on needs that do not include a 35 year old. I would rather sign The dark unicorn to help give Flowers the assistance he needs. He would help build his confidence and mentor him into a good LT for half of Wentworth would be.
      It has been well documented that flowers is unteachable. I think 11mm on the second best ot in football is money well spent when your team is trying to win in the next two years. There is no chance the giants win the superbowl with flowers at lt unless he makes major strides in year 3 which I doubt bases on the numerous reports of his uncoachability. But lets agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeeBrownn View Post
        Draft a LT. (Lamp or Ramcyzk)
        Sign 2 FA. RT, RG. (Remmers, Leary/Lang)

Am undecided on Flowers, whether to give him a shot at G, or to see what we can get for him in a trade.
        You traded a 5th and 7th round picks, for a third round pick. Explain how we get two 3rd round picks, in your mock.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          I noticed a lot of the mocks showing LT Cam Robinson out of Alabama dropping in the latest mocks. He was showing top 10 for awhile now on some of the latest Mocks they have him being selected after the Giants pick going at #25/26???

Something to do with the felony charges back in May 2016??

Wasn't that the one where he and some teammates were at some park at 3am and routine patrol found drugs and a pistol under his seat he said wasn't his??

Charges got dropped by the LA judge who said he didn't want to ruin the lives of these kids over a stupid mistake. Which was odd because it happened in LSU Country so you think he'd throw the book at them seeing LSU has been unable to beat Bama in years lol

But I guess my question is if he was to drop that far why wouldn't the Mocks show the Giants taking him

They already whiffed on Tunsil last year so...
          He is a really BIG guy and I believe there are both technique and movement concerns with him playing at either OT position.

Mayock in his latest player rankings actually ranks him with the GUARDS and NOT as a tackle.

I suspect he will be on the board when the Giants pick at #23 -- I suppose they could take him and start him off at RT. If we secure an actual legit LT -- and draft Robinson for RT ---- maybe (in theory) we could end up with a new right side of line with Flowers (RG) and Robinson (RT).

I don't expect the above to play out though.

Comment

Veterans! Should got all Veterans and maybe so Developmental guys behind the veterans to develop later in the draft. They tried drafting a Line with Flowers, Pugh and Richburg, things are just not progressing fast enough for a 36 year old QB like Eli with only a few years left and also we been without a consistent running game for far too long now. This is a AWFUL year for Offensive Line ion this coming draft anyway! None of them comes in and fix our weaknesses as a Rookie!

Comment

Originally posted by huckleberryeli View Post
              It has been well documented that flowers is unteachable. I think 11mm on the second best ot in football is money well spent when your team is trying to win in the next two years. There is no chance the giants win the superbowl with flowers at lt unless he makes major strides in year 3 which I doubt bases on the numerous reports of his uncoachability. But lets agree to disagree.
              Show me a link where a member of the Giants staff stated this?
              Last edited by TEM; 02-17-2017, 04:10 PM.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

No Giants staff memeber would state it but look at the draft profiles like below:

This was leading up to the draft when his complete lack of technique under art kehoe who is considered one of the best oline coaches in college football

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyor...9ve-ever-seen/

Another anonymous NFL line coach took it a step further, calling Flowers' technique "terrible" and implying he's uncoachable.

“He played for one of the best coaches, Art Kehoe, and his technique was terrible,” said another coach. “That tells me he doesn’t take coaching well. That’s a big problem because all of the recent tackles have struggled making the transition. It now takes them until Year 3. You can thank the spread and the [collective bargaining agreement] for that.”

Then he had Pat Flaherty and Mike Solari who are considered great oline coaches and hasnt shown a bit of improvement in technique. I would bet 50% of the coaching effort goes to him and nothing to show for it. Just saying

Comment

Working...
                X