Let's Talk LB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    can only pray him flipping out on the nurse makes 22 teams pass on him hahah
    Exactly. We honestly could have the best defense in the league with him patrolling the middle of the field.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Let's talk LBs

Jerry! Where are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Jerry! Where are you going?
        Lol sounds about right

Comment

I was doing my pre draft prediction sheet last night. I think there is a chance we take Raekwon or Cunningham in the first. I doubt Foster will be there. I think the Giants would take Raekwon or Cunningham over Red****. I know I'll be in the minority on that one. The thing is both of them are actually LBers where Red**** is not. Now maybe we take him for his pass rush ability alone but if we are talking LB then Cunningham is the man. He is a better coverage LBer than a pass rusher, which IMO is what we need.

There is also this from his coach. "Richard Sherman was one of the smartest players I've ever coached," Mason said. "I think Zach falls into that realm of guys who can take it from the class to the grass and put it in game situations and be big." All of the athletic ability and the brains to go with it.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            I was doing my pre draft prediction sheet last night. I think there is a chance we take Raekwon or Cunningham in the first. I doubt Foster will be there. I think the Giants would take Raekwon or Cunningham over Red****. I know I'll be in the minority on that one. The thing is both of them are actually LBers where Red**** is not. Now maybe we take him for his pass rush ability alone but if we are talking LB then Cunningham is the man. He is a better coverage LBer than a pass rusher, which IMO is what we need.

There is also this from his coach. "Richard Sherman was one of the smartest players I've ever coached," Mason said. "I think Zach falls into that realm of guys who can take it from the class to the grass and put it in game situations and be big." All of the athletic ability and the brains to go with it.
            I think we could get one of them in the 2nd. Would love either pick, just not in the 1st.
            1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
            2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
            3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
            4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by paul98 View Post
              I think we could get one of them in the 2nd. Would love either pick, just not in the 1st.
              Possibly. I think Cunningham seems to be moving up draft boards though, not sure he lasts until our 2nd pick. That would be awesome though.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I don't think Cunningham will fall to our 2nd round pick. If he did that would be awesome. I wouldn't even be mad if we took him at 23rd overall. Maybe trade up in the 2nd to get him? I agree we need a LB that has cover skills. Defense's weakness last year was getting beat on short/intermediate routes by RBs and TEs. It's been our achillies heel for a while now it seems.

Comment

In regards to Cunningham, this is significant. Reese goes to Pro days for prospects that there is significant interest in.

Comment

Wow ! you guys are really informed I'm impressed. no joke , no sarcasm, I was just going to say this Red**** has moved up the board so fast. But I thought they said he played with his hand in the dirt at DE. Has he played LBer ? Todd McVay maybe it was Jeramiah NFL channel had him going to Giants at #23 on his most recent 3.0 mock draft. You guys think we'd go LBer in the 1st rd over OL or DL ?
                    Last edited by That Guy Rich; 03-16-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                      The thing is both of them are actually LBers where Red**** is not. .
                      What makes you say that red**** isnt an LB??

IMO he's either a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 WILL
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                      X