Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tight end rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tight end rankings

    Can someone please confirm why Njoku is ranked so highly?

    He's only had 62 catches in his college career and got outshone by Engram and Hodges at the combine.

    OJ is the best TE in this class but no way I'd have Njoku as the #2!

  • #2
    His run after catch ability is off the charts but his hands scare me a bit. He has a lot of drops.

    One player I like a lot that does not seem to get much hype at all is the te from Clemson. Leggett I believe his name is. He probably will fall to the 4th or 5th because he isn't one of those freaks running a 4.4 40 but he is a guy that I believe can offer tremendous value in the latter parts of the draft.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's his physical/athletic package and the fact that he came on very strong scoring a bunch of TD's in his final 6 games or so.

      He is long rangy, ran a decent (4.69 40) but also high-jumped, broad-jumped out of the building.

      Hate to say this but Reese might describe him as "the JPP of tight ends".

      Me --- I don't know about this kid and I don't think the Giants go TE in round 1 any longer --- but who knows.

      Comment


      • #4
        Njoku has 64 catches in 22 games. Howard has 114 in 46. Njoku's 2016 was better statistically than any of Howard's seasons. Of the 4 you mentioned, only Howard has shown an ability to block better and only Engram has better tape catching the ball. Plus, he's the youngest. That's why he's the number 2 tight end.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
          Njoku has 64 catches in 22 games. Howard has 114 in 46. Njoku's 2016 was better statistically than any of Howard's seasons. Of the 4 you mentioned, only Howard has shown an ability to block better and only Engram has better tape catching the ball. Plus, he's the youngest. That's why he's the number 2 tight end.
          Great quick analysis, thank you

          Comment


          • #6
            His YAC was off the charts when compared to the other TEs in the class. Would often make a lot happen after the catch at Miami..he would definitely give this offense a new dimension that is not seen with Will Tye at TE...only problem comes with his run blocking, which has to improve.
            1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
            2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
            3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
            4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by UKGiants96 View Post
              Can someone please confirm why Njoku is ranked so highly?

              He's only had 62 catches in his college career and got outshone by Engram and Hodges at the combine.

              OJ is the best TE in this class but no way I'd have Njoku as the #2!
              He only played 2 years, if you're going off of catches alone then why is OJ Howard your #1 if Njoku has average more catches a season then him? SINCE IT'S ALL ABOUT CATCHES AND EVERYTHING

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
                Njoku has 64 catches in 22 games. Howard has 114 in 46. Njoku's 2016 was better statistically than any of Howard's seasons. Of the 4 you mentioned, only Howard has shown an ability to block better and only Engram has better tape catching the ball. Plus, he's the youngest. That's why he's the number 2 tight end.
                This

                Comment


                • #9
                  Id rank them

                  Howard
                  Njoku
                  Everett
                  Engram


                  Dont like Hodges, Butt, or Legett
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hodges and Engram are WRs, watch them play and tell me they're not lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                      Hodges and Engram are WRs, watch them play and tell me they're not lol
                      Agreed. Everett too

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                        Id rank them

                        Howard
                        Njoku
                        Everett
                        Engram


                        Dont like Hodges, Butt, or Legett
                        Why don't you like Leggett? Beware of TE's on loaded offenses....Their numbers can be misleading because there are too many mouths to feed...so to speak.

                        A lot of guys were high on him and he started the year projected in the 2nd round.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                          Why don't you like Leggett? Beware of TE's on loaded offenses....Their numbers can be misleading because there are too many mouths to feed...so to speak.

                          A lot of guys were high on him and he started the year projected in the 2nd round.
                          Lazy, doesn't block, loose with the ball, desire, aggressiveness and willing to block all questioned by scouts. I'll take a hard pass on him
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Butt is supposedly ahead of scheduel on his acl. could possibly be ready to play come training camp.

                            would be a steal if we get him in the 3rd. pretty complete TE. compared to Witten which is pretty high praise

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                              Hate to say this but Reese might describe him as "the JPP of tight ends".
                              Hate to say this but we already have Adrien Robinson.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X