Pick one- tight end or running back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Lol no rb in the NFL would avg 6.3 yards a carry as a primary back I'd take 4.3 yards. It's still a major improvement over jennings.
    What I mean is the power will not translate in the NFL. He isn't quick twitch, doesn't show good feet or vision and is big and powerful for college but not enough for the NFL. Somebody will try to make him a power or short yardage back and will not be happy with his production.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
      Don't let Foremans size fool you. He doesn't run with as much power as you would think. Goes down on first contact a lot. Samaje Perine is a much better RB if you are looking for pure power.
      agreed

Comment

I consider it highly probably that both running back and tight end will be addressed in the draft.
        Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

TE, without a doubt. We need more help in the blocking game and a dynamic TE that can block and catch would drastically improve our offense as well as free up our WRs.

We can draft a mid or late round power back to pair with Perkins and Vareen. I'm salivating at the thought of a real playmaker at TE.

Comment

Perine looks good, reminds me of Maurice Jones Drew. Though I would not be upset with the pick, still would lean towards Donte Freeman.

Comment

Perine looks good, reminds me of Maurice Jones Drew. Though I would not be upset with the pick, still would lean towards Donte Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                TE, without a doubt. We need more help in the blocking game and a dynamic TE that can block and catch would drastically improve our offense as well as free up our WRs.

We can draft a mid or late round power back to pair with Perkins and Vareen. I'm salivating at the thought of a real playmaker at TE.
                Then why did the giants invest in the tight end from the Vikings? I don't see them running two tight ends sets that much.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

If either Dalvin Cook Cook or OJ Howard fall to us in Round 1, you HAVE to take whichever of those to are there.

If neither of them are there (I doubt they will be) then it really is a matter of who is left to pick from. I'd really love to get an OT in round 1.

I do believe that coming out of this draft with a Top Notch TE is an absolute must though.

Perkins and Darkwa can run the ball, and we can grab a FA RB or two for depth. We have to get a True TE Prospect though.

Comment

This is why we signed Ellison...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                      If either Dalvin Cook Cook or OJ Howard fall to us in Round 1, you HAVE to take whichever of those to are there.

If neither of them are there (I doubt they will be) then it really is a matter of who is left to pick from. I'd really love to get an OT in round 1.

I do believe that coming out of this draft with a Top Notch TE is an absolute must though.

Perkins and Darkwa can run the ball, and we can grab a FA RB or two for depth. We have to get a True TE Prospect though.
                      I think Adams is the true tight end prospect.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        I don't think he will duplicate his college success in the NFL.
                        based on?

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                          based on?
                          Opinion and observation of similar backs' success in transitioning to the NFL. I'm not a particular fan of either player, but if I had to wager on which player will have more success in the NFL I would choose Perine over Foreman.

Comment

At this point if I were to wager on best bets for success at the RB position my top 3 would be Fournette, Kamara and McCaffrey. Doesn't mean I don't think anybody else will, I just think those three are lowest risk of busting on you and each brings something to the table that translates to NFL success.

Comment

Personally I like LaGarette Blount, but I doubt Giants have
                              enough Cap room.

Comment

Out of the 2 it needs to be TE

Comment

Working...
                                X