No announcement yet.

Pick one- tight end or running back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going through twitter this morning and came across a mock from PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

In this mock, both Howard and McCaffrey are available and it made me question, who would the Giants benefit more from?

To put an additional spin on it, remove the Oline from the equation, as well as off the field issues, and think back to the Giants in the early 2000's...the question essentially becomes: Barber or Shockey?

Who would you rather see return?

That is who these 2 guys, McCaffrey and Howard, seemingly are.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
      Going through twitter this morning and came across a mock from PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

In this mock, both Howard and McCaffrey are available and it made me question, who would the Giants benefit more from?

To put an additional spin on it, remove the Oline from the equation, as well as off the field issues, and think back to the Giants in the early 2000's...the question essentially becomes: Barber or Shockey?

Who would you rather see return?

That is who these 2 guys, McCaffrey and Howard, seemingly are.
      Between those two players, I'd go with Howard at this point. McCaffrey IMO has a very low bust factor, but this team needs a receiving threat at TE who can also block a lot more than a situational RB. With luck maybe Kamara lasts until the 2nd and the Giants get both positions.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
        focus on ALL the positions and take the best player

especially OL and DL
        This. You can't make this call without knowing who the player is. It's easy to say RB, but if OJ Howard is there and the big 3 RBs are gone do you really take any other RB over him. Vice versa if Fournette or Cook somehow fell to use and OJ and Njoku are gone do you take any TE over those two?
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

The dream scenario would be getting Blount and one of the top two tight ends. Imagine how good this offense could be? Minus the oline of course.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            This. You can't make this call without knowing who the player is. It's easy to say RB, but if OJ Howard is there and the big 3 RBs are gone do you really take any other RB over him. Vice versa if Fournette or Cook somehow fell to use and OJ and Njoku are gone do you take any TE over those two?
            This is why mocks are just silly to me. I guess its fun for some to speculate, but at 23 you will never know who is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
              The dream scenario would be getting Blount and one of the top two tight ends. Imagine how good this offense could be? Minus the oline of course.
              Why everyone wants Blount is beyond me? He is not that good outside of the Pats system. And even there, his PT decreased once they got into the playoffs. The Pats just signed Rex Burkhead to possibly take his role. That should tell you something. There are about 15 RBs in this draft I would rather have over Blount.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                Why everyone wants Blount is beyond me? He is not that good outside of the Pats system. And even there, his PT decreased once they got into the playoffs. The Pats just signed Rex Burkhead to possibly take his role. That should tell you something. There are about 15 RBs in this draft I would rather have over Blount.
                He would be a good complement to Perkins as he has the power that our runners lack..I agree that there are runners in the draft that would be able to accomplish the same for us, but I would like the Blount signing as it would open up our options heading into the draft.
                1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                  I think Adams is the true tight end prospect.
                  Yeah i an hoping for a big step up from him. He looked good when he was out there

Comment

Instead of Blount, I would rather sign AP or even Jamaal Charles to a 1 year deal. I know they both may be done, but if they are healthy I think the risk is worth the reward.

Comment

Id like 1 of the top end TE's like Howard or Njoku in the 1st or maybe Everett or Engram in the 2nd

As for RB's I want either Samaje Perine in the 4th or maybe D'Onta Foreman in the 3rd or 4th. A nice big bruiser to pari with Perkins' finesse style
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                        Id like 1 of the top end TE's like Howard or Njoku in the 1st or maybe Everett or Engram in the 2nd

As for RB's I want either Samaje Perine in the 4th or maybe D'Onta Foreman in the 3rd or 4th. A nice big bruiser to pari with Perkins' finesse style
                        Later round RB's...whats your thoughts on Jamaal Williams and De'Angelo Henderson?

Comment

This kid is a sleeper. Can play the Vereen role

Comment

Put this kid down as a possible UDFA

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...tavius-mathers

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                              Put this kid down as a possible UDFA

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...tavius-mathers
                              This is a deeep RB class like the article said.

Will be fun to see how they all pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
                                This is a deeep RB class like the article said.

Will be fun to see how they all pan out.
                                Its a terrific class. A kid like Mathers could be a practice squad type that takes over the Vereen role once he leaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X