No announcement yet.

Pick one- tight end or running back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick one- tight end or running back...

Which position should the giants focus most on in the draft?

I am still hoping we can get a veteran rb, to take about 10 carrys a game. Lacy was my 1st pick, but he's gone now. I'd take Blount. 24 TDs in 2 years is probably more than every giants rb for over the past 5 years.

If we don't get a rb through FA I'd say we should focus on a larger rb in the draft to help with Perkins.

I don't see the giants going for a tight end in the draft. I hope in wrong but Would the giants carry 4 tight ends and 4 RB's? That is assuming we draft one of each or add a free agent. Also assuming we don't carry a FB.
    Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 03-15-2017, 10:12 AM.

...probably LT but out of ur choices TE
    Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
      Which position should the giants focus most on in the draft?

I am still hoping we can get a veteran rb, to take about 10 carrys a game. Lacy was my 1st pick, but he's gone now. I'd take Blount. 24 TDs in 2 years is probably more than every giants rb for over the past 5 years.

If we don't get a rb through FA I'd say we should focus on a larger rb in the draft to help with Perkins.

I don't see the giants going for a tight end in the draft. I hope in wrong but Would the giants carry 4 tight ends and 4 RB's? That is assuming we draft one of each or add a free agent. Also assuming we don't carry a FB.
      No. I guess if they drafted one each t would give them he option to cut Tye and Darkwa depending on how good these rookies look in camp

Adding a FA RB would spell the end for Darkwa I would think
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I also would like to see us add either a big RB (Blount) or in a more shocking/unlikely move a TE (Cook) in FA.

Assuming neither of those things happen in FA I think RB is the most glaring need at this point.

I like a lot of these RB's but kid I have my eye on in 3rd or 4th is the big back Jaamal Williams from BYU who left the team early in the season but came back with monster 2nd half. Big..powerful..smooth RB. Sure there are some character/maturity issues but this kid runs the ball hard.

Comment

focus on ALL the positions and take the best player

especially OL and DL

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
            I also would like to see us add either a big RB (Blount) or in a more shocking/unlikely move a TE (Cook) in FA.

Assuming neither of those things happen in FA I think RB is the most glaring need at this point.

I like a lot of these RB's but kid I have my eye on in 3rd or 4th is the big back Jaamal Williams from BYU who left the team early in the season but came back with monster 2nd half. Big..powerful..smooth RB. Sure there are some character/maturity issues but this kid runs the ball hard.
            Hmmmm, that could have been said about Jacobs or Bradshaw. Very interesting I will check him out. I want a back that delivers the blow and falls forward.

Comment

I was just reading up on some rb in the draft. I like the sound of this guy...

D'Onta Foreman*, RB, Texas
              Height: 6-1. Weight: 249.
              Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
              Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
              2/25/17: Foreman had a tremendous 2016 season and was one of the most productive runners in the nation. He averaged 6.3 yards per carry for 2,028 yards with 15 touchdowns. Foreman isn't much of a receiver, making just seven catches for 75 yards in 2016, but he is a load as a runner who can run over the opposition. Foreman will be an early round pick after declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft. As a sophomore, he averaged 7.2 yards per carry for 681 yards and five touchdowns.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                focus on ALL the positions and take the best player

especially OL and DL
                This is what it looks like to me.

Comment

2/25/17: Foreman had a tremendous 2016 season and was one of the most productive runners in the nation. He averaged 6.3 yards per carry for 2,028 yards with 15 touchdowns. Foreman isn't much of a receiver, making just seven catches for 75 yards in 2016, but he is a load as a runner who can run over the opposition. Foreman will be an early round pick after declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft. As a sophomore, he averaged 7.2 yards per carry for 681 yards and five touchdowns.

I don't think he will duplicate his college success in the NFL.

Comment

Best Player Available regardless of position instead of reaching and passing on great players for a Average Player who would address a "NEED"!

Comment

I'm still hoping that they finally take an edge rushing, play making LB. I know I'm in the minority but I think they might be okay with the guys that they have at TE. They might want to give Adams a shot at being the receiving TE that they need.

As far as RB, they need one that can push the pile but probably can get that in the third round.

So for me, LB round 1, OT round two if there's value.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        I don't think he will duplicate his college success in the NFL.
                        Lol no rb in the NFL would avg 6.3 yards a carry as a primary back I'd take 4.3 yards. It's still a major improvement over jennings.

Comment

Don't let Foremans size fool you. He doesn't run with as much power as you would think. Goes down on first contact a lot. Samaje Perine is a much better RB if you are looking for pure power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                            Best Player Available regardless of position instead of reaching and passing on great players for a Average Player who would address a "NEED"!
                            I normally would agree with this. But with Eli's career coming to an end, they need to do everything they can to help him. From what it sounds like oline is not going to be the best in this draft. I think by giving Eli one more skilled position option at either tight end or rb would help the giants a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                              Don't let Foremans size fool you. He doesn't run with as much power as you would think. Goes down on first contact a lot. Samaje Perine is a much better RB if you are looking for pure power.
                              Interesting. I have no idea about almost any of these guys, I was just reading the article. The Giants need that one big back. Whoever it may be.

Comment

Working...
                              X