My thoughts for the draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts for the draft

So right now, our needs are Oline, DT (unless we resign Hankins), LB, RB, and TE. I would like to see us picking BPA at those positions for the first 3-4 rounds. Since we are in win-now mode and don't have too many major holes, we can focus on fielding the best roster for the next 1-2 years rather than drafting Eli's replacement or other future replacements. We also have the luxury of going BPA at the positions mentioned rather than being locked into Oline round 1. I am going to assume we resign Hankins so I wont bother with DTs, but if we can't resign him we should take a DT within the first 4 rounds.

RB: Fournette (highly unlikely), Cook (probably wont fall), and McCaffrey (probably will be there)
    I hope we can land one of the top 2, if not, McCaffrey would still be a great pick.

Oline: Lamp (except he's a guard, we really need a tackle it seems), Bolles, Ramczyc, Robinson all could be available. Would be happy with any but preferably not Robinson and would prefer the RBs or OJ Howard or Red****

LB: Red**** would be a good pick, Foster could fall, Cunningham could be a good pick but seems like a reach

TE: Howard (could be there), debating between him or McCaffrey or Red****. Njoku (probably will be there), but seems like a reach.

Im just curious how you guys would rank these prospects. Obviously not everyone will be available when we pick in round 1 but assuming they were, how would you rank em? Also not sure if I am leaving out some of the other top guys at those positions...

A couple thoughts:

-I'd love the thought of having mccaffrey if I trusted our coaching staff to be creative and find ways to get the ball to him in space. I don't.
    - I think Lamp can play tackle in this league. His ceiling is at guard, but I do believe he could start week 1 at RT.
    -Red**** is my guy.

I think There's a decent chance cook drops to 23. If so, I'm fine with either him, Lamp, or Red****. Those are my big three. I also would be mad if we went DL, OT (preferably Bolles), or even QB ( if JR finds a guy who he thinks has "it", in all for taking him. It's better to pick him a year or two early than a year or two late).

Comment

Personally my favorite options in the 1st would be OJ Howard or Hasan Red****.

I would be OK with Njoku or Lamp, or maybe even Bolles

RB:Foreman, Fornette or Perine
      DT: Brantley, Jaleel Johnson, or Carlos Watkins
      MLB: Foster, Jarrad Davis, McMillan, and Walker
      OLB: Red****, Anzalone, Lee, Price, and Reeves-Maybin
      OG: Lamp, Dawkins, Dorian Johnson, Pocic, Feeney, and Asiata
      OT: Bolles, Garcia
      TE: Howard, Njoku, Everett, and Engram
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

It looks more and more like Dalvin Cook will be an option for us at #23. No, he's not the perfect complement to Perkins, but he is a stud and would help our run game immensely...even behind that o-line. I wouldn't mind McCaffrey either or we can wait till the 3rd or 4th to get a power pack like Foreman/Gallman.

Would be happy with Lamp or Ramcyzk as I think either could be an immediate upgrade over Flowers at LT even though Lamp could be great at guard.

Wouldn't mind Njoku as we don't currently have a receiving threat at TE.
        1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
        2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
        3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
        4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

we just drafted a running back last year, why another in the first couple of rounds. I look at it like this, perkins last season had 456 on 112 carries averaging 4.1 yards per... how much better would any RB acquired in the first do with the same amount of carriers. with that said, would a, as an example, TE provide more production than what was given last year. As much as I would love more offensive Firepower I think we have enough on that side of the ball unless it's a tackle. I think we should big up that bruiser in FA.
          That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
            Personally my favorite options in the 1st would be OJ Howard or Hasan Red****.

I would be OK with Njoku or Lamp, or maybe even Bolles

RB:Foreman, Fornette or Perine
            DT: Brantley, Jaleel Johnson, or Carlos Watkins
            MLB: Foster, Jarrad Davis, McMillan, and Walker
            OLB: Red****, Anzalone, Lee, Price, and Reeves-Maybin
            OG: Lamp, Dawkins, Dorian Johnson, Pocic, Feeney, and Asiata
            OT: Bolles, Garcia
            TE: Howard, Njoku, Everett, and Engram
            +1 to all of this, although I would add Shaheen to the TE group and Davenport to the T group, Bowser to the OLB group and Moton to the G group
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post
              we just drafted a running back last year, why another in the first couple of rounds. I look at it like this, perkins last season had 456 on 112 carries averaging 4.1 yards per... how much better would any RB acquired in the first do with the same amount of carriers. with that said, would a, as an example, TE provide more production than what was given last year. As much as I would love more offensive Firepower I think we have enough on that side of the ball unless it's a tackle. I think we should big up that bruiser in FA.
              because the NFL isnt a bellcow back league anymore. Unless of course you have a Zeke or Leveon or David Johnson. Perkins is not them, so it would be very nice to have a compliment RB to Perkins. One who can score on the goaline and get the tough yards needed. I anticipate the Giants taking a RB in the first 4 rounds and having them pair with Perkins for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                because the NFL isnt a bellcow back league anymore. Unless of course you have a Zeke or Leveon or David Johnson. Perkins is not them, so it would be very nice to have a compliment RB to Perkins. One who can score on the goaline and get the tough yards needed. I anticipate the Giants taking a RB in the first 4 rounds and having them pair with Perkins for the foreseeable future.
                i completely agree which is why I said to big up a back in FA. also, my argument was for not picking a back in the first couple of rounds. no problem with one in the 4th or beyond.
                That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

I'll leave out the few guys I really don't think have a chance to fall.

Cook
                  Howard
                  Lamp
                  McCaffrey
                  Cunningham
                  Bolles

I doubt Fournette is there. Ram and Robinson scare me and have high bust potential IMO. Red**** is not what we need at LB, he is a DE and I think there are better options if we go that route. Would much rather Cunningham a true LB that can cover and tackle. Howard would be awesome, not sure he falls though. Cook too would be awesome. I'm racist so I'm skeptical of McCaffrey and would prefer a power back, not that I'd be upset if we took him. Lamp is the best OL in the draft IMO. Bolles has some risk involved but is a big mean tough tackle that run blocks very well.

Raekwon McMillan in the 2nd or 3rd is a great LB option too.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post
                    Well maybe because Perkins is not an all down back. McCaffery would help our running game, passing game, and return game. He could get 10-15 carries, 5-8 catches, and 3-5 returns per game. He is the most versatile player on offense in this draft. Plus he has wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      Well maybe because Perkins is not an all down back. McCaffery would help our running game, passing game, and return game. He could get 10-15 carries, 5-8 catches, and 3-5 returns per game. He is the most versatile player on offense in this draft. Plus he has wheels.
                      McCaffery wouldn't be my first choice, but he is a damn good player that will do well with the Giants. I would have no problem if they decided to pick him.

Comment

Working...
                      X