Deshaun Watson??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshaun Watson??

There was a pretty good article asking if the giant should take DeShaun Watson if he were to fall to the giant at number 23 made a bunch of valid points I kind of like the idea what do you guys think?

I would hate that pick
    And hate is usually reserved for the Cowboys

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
      I would hate that pick
      And hate is usually reserved for the Cowboys
      I would too

Trubisky? MAYBE but not Watson
      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
        I would too

Trubisky? MAYBE but not Watson
        Don't want Trubisky either. 2 reasons:
        1. The goal should be to win 1 more before Eli is done. The 1st rounder should be used on a player that would help achieve that goal. Not hold the clipboard on the sidelines.
        2. This QB class is weak. The weakest since the EJ Manuel/Geno Smith year.

Comment

1. The goal should be to win 1 more before Eli is done. The 1st rounder should be used on a player that would help achieve that goal. Not hold the clipboard on the sidelines.
          For the most part agreed on both points, the only way I'd sign up for Trubisky is if we could get really creative at other positions (TE, RB, OT, LB, DT) which is probably a bit unrealistic, though if we could possibly get our Rodgers to Favre that is really hard to pass up, not saying Trubisky is THAT good but I do like him, and he's the only one I really like in this class

I'm just saying if we found other ways to get most of the other holes patch (which is likely the problem preventing this) I wouldn't be slamming my head on the table over picking Trubisky, and I've been on the all in for Eli bandwagon as hard as anybody the last couple years, think everyone here knows that's my ****in guy till death right there lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
            For the most part agreed on both points, the only way I'd sign up for Trubisky is if we could get really creative at other positions (TE, RB, OT, LB, DT) which is probably a bit unrealistic, though if we could possibly get our Rodgers to Favre that is really hard to pass up, not saying Trubisky is THAT good but I do like him, and he's the only one I really like in this class

I'm just saying if we found other ways to get most of the other holes patch (which is likely the problem preventing this) I wouldn't be slamming my head on the table over picking Trubisky, and I've been on the all in for Eli bandwagon as hard as anybody the last couple years, think everyone here knows that's my ****in guy till death right there lol
            I get the whole Favre to Rodgers connection. I'd like that too. Problem is I don't think any of these guys are as talented as Rodgers. Next year's QB class looks better right now.

Comment

I get the whole Favre to Rodgers connection. I'd like that too. Problem is I don't think any of these guys are as talented as Rodgers. Next year's QB class looks better right now.
              Yeah idk I see shades of it in Mitch but obviously a poor man's version, which I'd take a chance on based on nothing but our draft spot

Havnt looked into next year but if the actual good QBs next year are highly regarded there prob won't be any available for us (hoping were not drafting top 10 next year lol)

Though maybe I should still hold out hope for my out of this world pipe dream that Derek Carr comes over when his contract with the raiders is up lmao I remember that year he was drafted being adamant the Texans should take him #1 overall with no hesitation (god GMs are so bad) but his brother loves us and gushes over us any chance he gets on NFLN, maybe he can convince him to come over lol easily my 2nd fav QB in the league right now

Really 1 of maybe 2 guys currently in the league that I would accept one day taking over for Manning, the other being Luck... honestly can't think of 1 other guy in the league Id want besides them.. edit: actually on 2nd thought I do like Wentz a bit too
              Last edited by Eliordie; 03-16-2017, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Not that it would happen or require a seriously bad season, but I'd love to see Sam Darnold in blue after the '18 draft.
                He was the most talked about QB at the combine this year, and he wasn't even there.
                Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

I hope our next great regular starting quarterback is in high school right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

+1

Comment

Wait till the great 2018 QB class and don't force a pick this year.
                      1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                      2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                      3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                      4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

If they are absolutely convinced that Watson has elite potential, I wouldn't be mad at the pick (or another top QB for that matter). I would love to see our offense with a QB that can actually make plays happen with his legs. But given the fact that we are making a big Superbowl push for Eli's final years, I would rather go all-in for the next 1-2 years and grab an instant impact player that gives us a better chance at winning it all over the next year or 2.

Comment

NO NO NO ! What are we wasting our 1st rd pick for with all the holes on this team for a guy that's not going to play for at least 2 years maybe 3. This is ridicules. It's also a waste for him. Don't think he'll be there at 23 anyway but if he is let him go by and take somebody that can help us now. With all the talent in this draft lets take advantage and win now. WIN NOW !

Comment

Said it in another post, but I think Mitch is the perfect QB to groom and have sit behind Eli for 2- 3 years. He's slowly creeping onto my ' big board. ' There are others I'd rather pick, but If he falls it wouldn't shock me if we took him.
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Watson will be gone before the Giants pick. There are bunch of teams that are waiting to to draft a first round QB to start for them when he's there.

Comment

Working...
                              X