Oklahoma Pro Day, did we attend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    lol punching a WOMAN and breaking bones in her face is not an "emotional mistake" and it's not being "immature". It's a crime
    Not to mention it clearly wasn't a first for him.

But still, he would be a great RB.
    The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      I like both of them as RBs. Perine reminds me of Lacy when he was lighter. By lighter I mean about 235. Perine has great balance too. Mixon is probably more a Adrian Peterson type. More of a Ezekiel Elliot mold. I don't think you can go wrong on the field with either one. That Mixon video though will haunt the team who drafts them quite a bit.
      It will haunt the team for a few weeks. If the player performs and is a model citizen (Mixon had no priors and has been a model citizen since), it will be mainly forgotten. My argument is that despite his baggage, Joe Mixon is worth a 3rd round pick for the giants.
      sigpic

Comment

Not to mention it clearly wasn't a first for him.

But still, he would be a great RB.
        IT WAS HIS FIRST AND ONLY INCIDENT.
        sigpic

Comment

he punched a woman in the face and broke bones in her face, that's all I need to know. Was his life in danger? No. Any man who punches a woman is a punk

I already agreed he's been clean since and he deserves a chance in the NFL.
          In all seriousness, it was testified in court that she hit him first, spit in his face, and called him the n-word. He was wrong for what he did, but she was also wrong for what she did. That is why I feel that there is no victim in this. Go find JMike's post on this situation in the other thread. She was totally on point with it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
            In all seriousness, it was testified in court that she hit him first, spit in his face, and called him the n-word. He was wrong for what he did, but she was also wrong for what she did. That is why I feel that there is no victim in this. Go find JMike's post on this situation in the other thread. She was totally on point with it.
            I may be wrong but believe you and I discussed this cordially on the other thread (unlike some other people). I'm not absolving her of all wrong-doing. She clearly isn't a classy woman and was wrong for what she did. Even though she was wrong for hitting him, spitting on him and for her disgusting language, she is still a woman and he was not in any danger, he could have walked away.

Comment

I wouldn't give up my fanhood of NYG if we draft Mixon. I feel whether its right or wrong to conduct a team this way, that NYG won't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I feel they still have egg on their face(again, not saying it's right or wrong) over the Brown incident and the handling of it. If they didn't take Tunsil for the pot mask then they won't touch this kid.

Comment

IT WAS HIS FIRST AND ONLY INCIDENT.
                It certainly did not look like it. He had no problem hitting that girl.

Comment

It will haunt the team for a few weeks. If the player performs and is a model citizen (Mixon had no priors and has been a model citizen since), it will be mainly forgotten. My argument is that despite his baggage, Joe Mixon is worth a 3rd round pick for the giants.
                  By a small portion of Giants fans. No one else will forget that. Especially other fan bases or players on opposing teams. Ever.

Comment

I may be wrong but believe you and I discussed this cordially on the other thread (unlike some other people). I'm not absolving her of all wrong-doing. She clearly isn't a classy woman and was wrong for what she did. Even though she was wrong for hitting him, spitting on him and for her disgusting language, she is still a woman and he was not in any danger, he could have walked away.
                    The conversation should be cordial. People on here go nuts trying to convince a person that has a contrary opinion. They were both wrong. Even the proceeding judge decided that both of their lives should not be ruined over that incident. That is why the woman got her charges dropped and Mixon got probation and community service. I agree with you 100% that he should play in the NFL. Even though we disagree about whether or not he should come play for the giants, I do respect your stance on that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                      this happened 3 years ago,,he was a kid and paid his dues,,,no other transgressions to speak of. this is not a ray rice scenario. but hey,,,the eagles could always use another fan.
                      How old do you have to be to know you don't punch a girl in the face? Four years old? Five?

Comment

By a small portion of Giants fans. No one else will forget that. Especially other fan bases or players on opposing teams. Ever.
                        If he ended up being great, they would forget about his transgressions, just like most of them overlook Lawrence Taylor and his. I couldn't care less about other fans or players on other teams. They hate and rag on our players regardless.
                        sigpic

Comment

It certainly did not look like it. He had no problem hitting that girl.
                          I can only go by the facts and not an opinion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                            Mixon needs no excuse, was it excessive? Definitely, would I have done it like that? Don't think I personally could, did she deserve it/was it fair? Yes, everyone wants yap about equality equality, equality, well here you go.. that's what she gets for thinking she can fight a dude, thinking she's invincible and can do whatever she pleases with no recourse, she wanted to act like a man so she got treated like one, a man has the right to defend himself and the right to hit back when hit.. dont care who it is, maybe be smart enough to realize when youre way outmatched, he gave her fair warning and that's about all you can ask, if it was a man he would've got no warning at all

Also just to pile it on witnesses claim she dropped some N bombs at him outside, based on what I saw in the video I believe it so frankly, she was begging for this, I don't care if your a woman you can't have people walking around with this attitude that I can do whatever I want to whoever I want and nobody can do a damn thing about it, bet she won't be antagonizing like that again

I certainly won't be relinquishing my fan hood if we drafted him at some point, I feel bad that he got put in the situation
                            This just might be the worst post I've ever read on these boards. If Mixon was a man, he would've walked away. And you make it sound like she walked up to him out of the clear blue and got into it.

Just horrible man. Uneducated. Just pathetic.
                            Last edited by Roswell; 03-16-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                              This just might be the worst post I've ever read on these boards.

Just horrible man. Uneducated. Just pathetic.
                              That particular poster seems to get a lot of that. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

That particular poster seems to get a lot of that. LOL
                                Later in the thread he goes on to say, well, she won't be doing that again to anyone else. Just incomprehensible. Justifying punching a girl in the face. Wow. Just embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X