No announcement yet.

Potentially very interesting --- Reese attends Zach Cunningham pro-day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that Cunningham had 4.5 sacks 2 years ago and 0 this past season but at the same time his overall tackles moved way higher -- so his overall play didn't drop off. Maybe Vandy just chose to hold him back - not rush him.

Wonder if Giants feel his 4.5 sack year is more indicative of what he could do in our system if Spags can utilize his overall skill set properly. He does show a great knack for taking on blockers yet still getting to the ball carrier -- could be an attribute as a blitzing WIL LB.

They could view him in line with how they saw L-Floyd.

I love the tape on both Cunningham and J-Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
      Exactly. His awarness or nose for the football is great and with proper coaching , his arm tackles will cease to exist.
      I would agree with that under the lady cba... But nowadays there is very little contact during practice. Unless he starts going ham on these drone dummies. I'm not sure if the Giants have any yet though.

Comment

We just signed Robinson, we don't need another Will
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
          We just signed Robinson, we don't need another Will
          We resigned him for a year..plus him and Cunningham would be able to be on the field together in nickel situations and thrive imo..and Kennard could play along the line on 3rd and long downs.
          1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
          2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
          3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
          4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by paul98 View Post
            We resigned him for a year..plus him and Cunningham would be able to be on the field together in nickel situations and thrive imo..and Kennard could play along the line on 3rd and long downs.
            Don't see the immediate need for it, Kennard has enough ability in coverage to be the other linebacker opposite Robinson in our nickel base set

I think our starting LBers are fine, Kennard and Robinson on the field in nickel (which is most of the time) and then when we need to come out in a 43 Goodson comes in, not a huge role so I'm comfortable giving the kid a chance in it

Fix the offense, the defense is almost perfect
            Last edited by Eliordie; 03-22-2017, 02:51 PM.
            If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Working...
            X