Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might the Giants be looking to trade up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I am betting McCaffery goes before we pick. I do think Dalvin Cook will be there though.
    philly is supposedly really interested in Cook and if he's there when they pick, they probably take him.

Good chance McCaffrey is there when we pick imo and if he is we should run to the podium to take him lol.

McCaffrey in the 1st
    trade up for LB Cunningham in the 2nd?

yes please

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      wouldnt mind mcaffrey. With the way the teams set up currently there's a lot of different players i would be ok with at 23.
      I would be pissed if we took Mcaffrey, much bigger needs in the first round than a situational RB

Comment

I don't think so we need those first 4-5 picks to fill holes. Plus this draft is so deep they say you could get 3rd rd talent in 4th rd and 4th rd talent in 5th rd. And we don't have any compensatory picks this year. We got 7 picks and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
          I would be pissed if we took Mcaffrey, much bigger needs in the first round than a situational RB
          Well he's not just just a situational RB. He's an offensive weapon. can line up in the backfield, out wide, be a KR or a PR.

he's not my first choice, but i wouldnt hate the pick, he could help the offense still

Comment

If you think he is a situational RB, you havent really watched much of him. He can handle 16-18 offensive touches plus all of the return duty. Thats a big part of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bklyn24 View Post
              Cook is gonna be the best RB out of this class
              IF he stays healthy. He was dinged up a bit at FSU. I don't get the need for a RB early though. Perkins to me needs to be given a starter role shot. He excelled his rookie year. Plus we decided to keep Vereen. Where we are really think is OL and TE.
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Bklyn24 View Post
                trading up isnt the Giants way so I doubt it. I dont see who they would trade up for besides OJ howard. There isnt a LT worthy of trading up for, I couldnt see us moving up to take a RB like Cook and any other positions arent in need enough for trading up
                They traded up to get Collins and that was a GREAT trade.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                  They traded up to get Collins and that was a GREAT trade.
                  I think he means 1st round trade up.
                  Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    IF he stays healthy. He was dinged up a bit at FSU. I don't get the need for a RB early though. Perkins to me needs to be given a starter role shot. He excelled his rookie year. Plus we decided to keep Vereen. Where we are really think is OL and TE.
                    I agree. I think there are plenty of good RBs to complement Perkins in this draft in rounds 3 maybe 4. I would not hate Cook or McCaffrey but would prefer a different weapon.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I think if OJ Howard is still around at the 15th pick that they might trade up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Blue Man View Post
                        They dont have the cap room to sign a draft class. JPP is still getting 17M, plys they just signed Geno and J Johnson. And they have very few major needs. Are they planning to move up for a top prospect?
                        We could trade back for an extra 2nd rounder.....And sign all our picks cheap by your logic.

Comment

We SHOULD trade all our draft picks for ALL of the Brown's own 2018 draft picks. Problem SOLVED.
                          ★★★Mark Herzlich Crew★★★

Comment

I agree with you seems like a wasted pick he doesn't have the size to last running up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
                              I agree with you seems like a wasted pick he doesn't have the size to last running up the middle.
                              McCaffery is very similar (height, weight) to Dalvin Cook. He is taller and heavier than LeSean McCoy was at his Combine

Christian McCaffery - 5'11 - 202 lbs
                              Dalvin Cook - 5'10 - 210 lbs
                              LeSean McCoy - 5'10 - 198 lbs
                              Jamaal Charles - 6'1 - 200 lbs

Comment

It's really just his skin color. That's what it is and I'm not saying that as some sort of social commentary.

His shuttle and 3 cone all that stuff INSANE!...he absolutely will even be able to handle between the tackle stuff but I suspect only enough to keep defended threatened enough to have to maintain gap integrity. I bet whoever drafts him will actually see him bust a couple big run plays up the middle of the D for precisely this.

He has insane spatial athleticism in a phone booth like he actually will have the ability mccoy had/has where he literally can choose any of the 3 gaps at the same time. Meaning he can hit any of the 3 at the same time u guys know what I mean u remember mccoy on the Eagles.

I wasn't sold on McCaffery at first but now he might be one of my favorite player in the draft and depending on where he goes he could have an excellent career.

If he ended up in Dallas in some hypothetical world...it'd probably be close to as lethal as it is with zeke.

Comment

Working...
                                X