Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might the Giants be looking to trade up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    It's really just his skin color. That's what it is and I'm not saying that as some sort of social commentary.

His shuttle and 3 cone all that stuff INSANE!...he absolutely will even be able to handle between the tackle stuff but I suspect only enough to keep defended threatened enough to have to maintain gap integrity. I bet whoever drafts him will actually see him bust a couple big run plays up the middle of the D for precisely this.

He has insane spatial athleticism in a phone booth like he actually will have the ability mccoy had/has where he literally can choose any of the 3 gaps at the same time. Meaning he can hit any of the 3 at the same time u guys know what I mean u remember mccoy on the Eagles.

I wasn't sold on McCaffery at first but now he might be one of my favorite player in the draft and depending on where he goes he could have an excellent career.

If he ended up in Dallas in some hypothetical world...it'd probably be close to as lethal as it is with zeke.
    I am inclined to somewhat agree that because McCaffery is a white HB, he is sort of dumped on. He can do anything and can easily handle 18-20 touches a game.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
      I agree with you seems like a wasted pick he doesn't have the size to last running up the middle.
      Kid has great vision and great feet. He can run just fine through the tackles. Would be a short yardage matchup nightmare for defenses when paired with a FB.

QUOTE=B-Red22;2038427]I would be pissed if we took Mcaffrey, much bigger needs in the first round than a situational RB[/QUOTE]

The only thing that makes me hesitate to call McCaffrey a 3 down back is his pass protection skills. That goes for most rookie RB's.
      my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
        I am inclined to somewhat agree that because McCaffery is a white HB, he is sort of dumped on. He can do anything and can easily handle 18-20 touches a game.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
          Kid has great vision and great feet. He can run just fine through the tackles. Would be a short yardage matchup nightmare for defenses when paired with a FB.

QUOTE=B-Red22;2038427]I would be pissed if we took Mcaffrey, much bigger needs in the first round than a situational RB
          The only thing that makes me hesitate to call McCaffrey a 3 down back is his pass protection skills. That goes for most rookie RB's.[/QUOTE]

I think he has the desire to pass protect. LeSean McCoy for example is possibly the worst pass protecting RB around. Point is if you are a good enough runner, they will get you on the field. MCCaffery is.

Comment

It's really just his skin color. That's what it is and I'm not saying that as some sort of social commentary.

His shuttle and 3 cone all that stuff INSANE!...he absolutely will even be able to handle between the tackle stuff but I suspect only enough to keep defended threatened enough to have to maintain gap integrity. I bet whoever drafts him will actually see him bust a couple big run plays up the middle of the D for precisely this.

He has insane spatial athleticism in a phone booth like he actually will have the ability mccoy had/has where he literally can choose any of the 3 gaps at the same time. Meaning he can hit any of the 3 at the same time u guys know what I mean u remember mccoy on the Eagles.

I wasn't sold on McCaffery at first but now he might be one of my favorite player in the draft and depending on where he goes he could have an excellent career.

If he ended up in Dallas in some hypothetical world...it'd probably be close to as lethal as it is with zeke.
            he probably had the best combine out of any RB.

he's for sure the most versatile(one of anyway)

he's definetly been under rated because he's white, but if that's enough of a reason for teams like Tamps or Philly or whoever else needs a RB to pass on him and let him fall to us, great. would love to have this guy on the giants.

crazy talented. quick, good vision, catches everything thrown his way, could line up wide or in the slot, pretty good KR too(we wouldn't have any Bobby Rainy like brain farts with him back there)

only negatives on him are he's not a big, power guy which would hurt him in short yardage spots, but his elusivness makes up for it a bit. and idk about pass protection
            him and OJ Howard are probably the most nfl ready players in the draft imo and if we have a chance at either(doubt Howards there) we need to jump at the chance.

Comment

If you are claiming he isn't valued just because he's white, then it IS s a social commentary. The draft hasn't even happened yet, but somehow he is being discriminated against? White Guys Cant Run?

No doubt if he ended up behind one of the best OLs in the league it would help, just like Zeke.
              Last edited by DandyDon; 03-18-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Trading up is a bad idea in my opinion. Who would they trade up for? OJ Howard? He is likely to go 7-8 spots in front of them, if not sooner, so this will cost an arm and a leg. Much better to just let the draft fall to them; there are any number of ways they could go at 23. David Njoku, Garrett Bolles, Forrest Lamp, Dalvin Cook, maybe Ryan Ramczyk. At least one of those types of guys is going to be there.

Apart from the TE position this is a very weak draft class overall. There really is little point in trading up. I don't like the idea of paying a high trade price to get OJ Howard when they just spent a bunch of money on Ellison and will probably be able to get David Njoku at the 23rd spot anyway.

As nice as it would be to have Howard on the team, do we really want to sacrifice other picks that could be used to get, among other things, a quality offensive lineman or another respectable pass rusher? I don't see that as a good idea.

Comment

Agree. White RBs, Black QBs, White DBs.... They are just looked at and spoken of differently because of the stereotypes.

With that said, Id pass on McCaffery.

Comment

I'm sure the Giants will stay put at 23. With the exception of Myles Garrett, I don't know if there is a prospect that is worth giving up an extra pick or picks to trade up for.

Comment

The only thing that makes me hesitate to call McCaffrey a 3 down back is his pass protection skills. That goes for most rookie RB's.
                      I think he has the desire to pass protect. LeSean McCoy for example is possibly the worst pass protecting RB around. Point is if you are a good enough runner, they will get you on the field. MCCaffery is.[/QUOTE]

I agree...personally, McCaffrey is who I'd like see at 23 if available.

I'm not convinced we need to move up though. There will be a damn fine football player that will address one of our needs, left.
                      my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Blue Man View Post
                        They dont have the cap room to sign a draft class. JPP is still getting 17M, plys they just signed Geno and J Johnson. And they have very few major needs. Are they planning to move up for a top prospect?
                        Guess no one in this Thread paid attention to JPP being re signed to a 4 year deal yesterday that will free up 9.4 Million of Cap Space for this year. So JPP us no longer tying up 17M
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I think the only player I would want to trade UP for is John Allen, DT, Bama
                          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                            I think the only player I would want to trade UP for is John Allen, DT, Bama
                            Or Rueben Foster..either would be perfect fits for us.
                            1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                            2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                            3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                            4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                            X