Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even engram....wide receiver?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18985583

He looks fantastic as a receiver on the highlight film...Watch him play a full game and it looks to me like he can't block as a tight end, really at all. But perhaps that is because he is really a big receiver. If he had played receiver instead of tight end, I wonder if he is rated up there with Mike Williams as a top 20 pick this year. He is really really really good as receiver on the highlight tape. Could he be a young Brandon Marshall/Megatron Big body (6'3 233) go up and get it type receiver in the NFL?

What say you fellas? Is he a steal in round 3? Is he a steal in round2!?

Where would engram rank as a Wide Receiver in the draft?
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-05-2017, 08:38 AM.

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18985583

He looks fantastic as a receiver on the highlight film...Watch him play a full game and it looks to me like he can't block as a tight end, really at all. But perhaps that is because he is really a big receiver. If he had played receiver instead of tight end, I wonder if he is rated up there with Mike Williams as a top 20 pick this year. He is really really really good as receiver on the highlight tape. Could he be a young Brandon Marshall/Megatron Big body (6'3 233) go up and get it type receiver in the NFL?

What say you fellas? Is he a steal in round 3? Is he a steal in round2!?
    Engram is absolutely a steal in round 3. It's possible he goes late 1st. Having said that, I'd prefer a big body, in-line type TE like Howard, Njoku or Butt.

Comment

I had no idea he was 4.42 fast.

That is wr speed which was my concern about labeling him wr instead of te.

But it is a lot more than straight line speed. How is he with agility how are his hips? Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        I had no idea he was 4.42 fast.

That is wr speed which was my concern about labeling him wr instead of te.

But it is a lot more than straight line speed. How is he with agility how are his hips? Etc.
        As a pass catcher, route runner, he's light years ahead of Njoku and Howard.

Comment

he's a tweener, not the type of TE the Giants usually like, but he would be a good weapon in the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
            Engram is absolutely a steal in round 3. It's possible he goes late 1st. Having said that, I'd prefer a big body, in-line type TE like Howard, Njoku or Butt.
            agreed with this.

Engram to me is a WR. He's a Jace Amaro & Devin Funchess. That tweener type. IMO he was labelled a TE because of his size, but he never really played as a classic TE.

i've seen people compare him to Jordan Reed. But Jordan Reed is like 20-30lbs bigger than Engram. And Jordan Reed can and has played inline before.

I would take Engram with my 3rd, just because of the value, but i wouldnt use a 2nd on him unless you plan to have him play WR. He just doesnt seem like a tradition Giants TE and he doesnt seem like he can be an every down player because of his lack of blocking ability.

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
              he's a tweener, not the type of TE the Giants usually like, but he would be a good weapon in the passing game.
              He's not even a "tweener". He's straight up a WR that played TE. Doesn't have TE size, WR speed and agility, can't block, closer to being a fat WR than a light TE. Atleast with Hodges you get the TE frame and the willingness to be a better blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                agreed with this.

Engram to me is a WR. He's a Jace Amaro & Devin Funchess. That tweener type. IMO he was labelled a TE because of his size, but he never really played as a classic TE.

i've seen people compare him to Jordan Reed. But Jordan Reed is like 20-30lbs bigger than Engram. And Jordan Reed can and has played inline before.

I would take Engram with my 3rd, just because of the value, but i wouldnt use a 2nd on him unless you plan to have him play WR. He just doesnt seem like a tradition Giants TE and he doesnt seem like he can be an every down player because of his lack of blocking ability.
                Even Amaro and Funchess had thicker builds

Comment

What if... You take Engram and just use him like he is Mike Evans?
                  Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                    What if... You take Engram and just use him like he is Mike Evans?
                    Yes. That is the question. Where would you rank engram in this wide receiver class.

Third behind Corey Dais and Mike Williams?... Not even close? I really don't know. I'm asking you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                      Yes. That is the question. Where would you rank engram in this wide receiver class.

Third behind Corey Dais and Mike Williams?... Not even close? I really don't know. I'm asking you guys.
                      John Ross Will go before Engram I bet as well.

Hes only 6 3 so he doesnt even have Mike Evans 6 5 frame...

Im not sure how I would rank him..

But if he is there in round 3 I take him and hope to make him young Brandon Marshall.
                      Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

http://www.bigblueview.com/nfl-daft-...-of-everything

interesting article about the tight end class includes a metric about comparing there receiving prowess

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                          a beckham clone?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            As a pass catcher, route runner, he's light years ahead of Njoku and Howard.
                            Evan Engram was selected at 23 on television last night in the TV mock draft. They said that they see him as a replacement or taking over for Brandon Marshall, when Brandon leaves. Besides Corey Davis, there are only 2 guys that stood out to me and jumped off the screen this year as route runners. 1. Christian Mccaffrey who likely is now a top 10 or top 15 pick and 2. Evan Engram. The fact that he can't block inline as a TE has hurt his draft stock. I think the best strategy if the Giants want him is to trade up in round 2, but I also think he is a weapon that could truly make their offense WAY better. He is projected as an elite receiver. IMO eleite route runners are the ones ho become elite receivers. He also has size to go with it and speed at 4.4. I would not be unhappy with him in round 1 if the Giants felt he was worth it.

2 cents

john roos and curtis samuel may prove to be exceptional route runners also, but its hard to tell from youtube.
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                              He's not even a "tweener". He's straight up a WR that played TE. Doesn't have TE size, WR speed and agility, can't block, closer to being a fat WR than a light TE. Atleast with Hodges you get the TE frame and the willingness to be a better blocker.
                              No. He plays TE for a reason, he plays Joker well and creates mismatches with corners and LBs. Why would you move an exceptional move TE to WR when he plays his role pretty much perfect? He's not a blocking TE, he can work on that but may never become one. That was never the intention Ole Miss had for him and I'm sure he's not a bottom of the first round talent now because of his blocking. He a great route runner, has speed and ups, great hands, and is a smart player. Whoever drafts him will use him for exactly what he is, a tweener. A switch to WR and you're trying to use him for something I think he is not.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:
                              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X