No announcement yet.

Underrated, Hidden Gems, Sleepers, & Under the radar in 2017 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over rated Prospects. I got two of them.

1. Jabrill Peppers. Just don't see a position for him on our team. Maybe fits another team though. But for us he is not even on the radar i don't think. Without a true position in th NFL except may be SS i don't see how he can be ranked so high on draft boards.

2. Jonnu Smith TE I've seen his name among the tight ends considered in the draft. he is not a good football player IMO. I don't think he is a good prospect at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2bCEmQ5TE He looks lost out there. He does not find anyone to block, missing his assignments. Just plain not good. Perhaps alack of experience. I don't know. But i think he is off my board completely even as an UDFA in my mind.

Comment

Underrated QB Davis Webb

2 words "quick release"
      "Webb has a quick release, to the point where sometimes it feels like he’s just flicking the ball." http://www.thephinsider.com/nfl-mock...backs-rankings

Can you say Dan Marino?

He has all the tools, and reminds me of Tom Brady with his height and Dan Marino with his quick release.I do not see why
      He cannot translate to the NFL.

I do not see why he isn't ranked higher and talked about as possibly the best QB prospect in the draft. I find him intriguing along with Mahommes. I think mahomes is riskier.

2 cents

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfFZHHxInI

underrated QB CJ BEathard

mobile, quick release, accuracy

3 traits i like in a QB

He has them all. Underrated IMO. Hes like Chad kelly without the drama. Not a strong arm though. maybe he cant make all the throws. Perhaps though, Will be a good pick for some team. Has real potential, & worst case a good back up i would think.
        Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-23-2017, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
          Amba Etta - WR - Cuse

Ryan Glasgow - DT- Michigan
          Amba ran a "4.39" at his pro day. Giants have shown interest in both of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
            Amba ran a "4.39" at his pro day. Giants have shown interest in both of these guys.
            Amba has bricks for hands. As an UDFA sure, but I think he will get drafted so let someone else grab him.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
              Amba has bricks for hands. As an UDFA sure, but I think he will get drafted so let someone else grab him.
              You keep saying this since the combine. I didn't see his drills. What is your opinion based on? I've watched some of his film.

He has good hands to me

Comment

You can see he was open a lot. The victim of poor QB play
                Last edited by Gee718; 04-14-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Two things that make an elite WR IMO are route running, that creates separation and 50 50 balls. OBJ is the epitome of a good route runner. Antonio brown OTOH is never really all that open but wins every 50 50 ball thrown his way.I wish there was a stat for 50 50 balls completions per attempt.

2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                    Two things that make an elite WR IMO are route running, that creates separation and 50 50 balls. OBJ is the epitome of a good route runner. Antonio brown OTOH is never really all that open but wins every 50 50 ball thrown his way.I wish there was a stat for 50 50 balls completions per attempt.

2 cents
                    If that was a stat JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER would be at the top of the list
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDstzp9QxZY

Phazahn Odom

UDFA prospect or 7th round flier

Kid runs really good routes & is surprisingly athletic/smooth looking for such a big man. He is 6'8" and 240. 4.64 40 yd dash. Yes you read that right. lol 6 feet 8 inches.

I love this kid as an UDFA or late rounder.. He is raw but i see big-time potential in the vid. Makes all the blocks and a good route runner. has elite size and good football speed and more importantly route running ability..He creates separation AND has the size. Good receiver, good blocker.
                      What's not to like? worth a good look IMO
                      good to know. Thanks! So if he is drafted by the G-men now we will know why

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPwU4sJCf1g

Andreas Knappe

HUGE 6 8 LT Prospect
                        377 on CBS big board
                        has good feet but not great. He appears to play high but that is probably because he is such a big man. But he does really well in pass protection, looking like a giant among children... wont blow guys off the line in run blocking but can get the job done... surprisingly for such a big man gets out in space to make second level blocks. not as nasty as bolles or some others but his giant frame makes him a wall in pass protection that defenders have little chance of speed or bull rushing.... My amatuer take on him is that he is a good prospect and if he can increase his lower body strength and flexibility to bend, with exercise and technique improvement, especially in run blocking, he can make a good NFL player. Another of the many intriguing late round or UDFA prospects

Update, apparently he is climbing up some draft boards...could go early or mid rounds. Keep an eye out for this guy.
                        I think this guy deserves a really good look. It would not surprise me to hear his name called on draft day by the G men.

Comment

Aaron Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVn4nqPOkSI

7.7 yds per carry. Led all of the college backs. Love the way he refuses to be tackled. He is a fighter, with good speed. Not as pretty as dalvin or mccaffrey, but the dude is a football player man.
                          Bump. Mentioned in another area of the forum >>>> http://boards.giants.com/showthread....=1#post2051023

Comment

PFF highest ranked Guard

3. Will Hernandez, G, UTEP

PFF offensive line analyst and former college offensive line coach, Taylor Wright, has been raving about Hernandez for weeks now, and his grades back up the glowing scouting report. He has the top grade among the nationís guards at 93.7, including a 90.8 pass-blocking grade and a 91.1 mark in the run game. Heís yet to allow an official pressure on the year and heís only lost one quick block in the passing game all season.

Hernandez brings power to the run game that has overpowered his non-Power-5 opponents and he has NFL size at a listed 6-foot-3 320-pounds. Even against lesser competition, Hernandez has a legitimate claim for All-American status as perhaps the nationís top guard. (Heís the left guard in the play below.)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...l-draft-class/

haven't heard anything on this guy? is he in the draft?

Comment

Heard Mayock talking up Joe Williams RB Utah, so I checked some tape. Kid has a weird background/character concerns, but Mayock thinks he'll be a surprise talent for whoever drafts him late. Ran a 4.41 at combine too, 2nd fastest in his class. I know I know, not meant for the giants.. Gotta check this tape tho:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8WyD-nmWY
                              Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-18-2017, 12:10 PM.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:
                              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

A guy I would like to see as a UDFA is running back Matt Brieda. He had a bad year in 2016 but put up over 1400 yards in 2014 and over 1600 2015. Very good measurables.

40 -- 4.39
                                20 yd split -- 2.50
                                10 yd split -- 1.53
                                Short Shu -- 4.34
                                3 cone -- 6.85
                                bench -- 23
                                broad j -- 11.17

Comment

Working...
                                X