No announcement yet.

Forget about Njoku

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think this means anything and Njoku is still very much in play at 23. Still, it all depends on who's available at 23. In an ideal world, someone better than Njoku will be available and we can take a TE in later rounds because there will certainly be some quality TEs available later in this draft. But that being said, I'd still be very excited about Njoku in the 1st.

Comment

I never considered him a real option in the first place. Everybody else loved his athleticism. But he didn't offer anything else pass that.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
        I didn't want to post this until draft day. But every day I'm here on the forums, I've thought of all the scenarios, I've looked at what the Giants seem to be building. Honestly, I think the person that the Giants are drafting with pick 23 is Njoku. I'm so confident in this in fact that this news does nothing to reject my feeling. When the Giants drafted Rhett Ellison it was a massive smokescreen. The more I've thought about it, the more I think I know what the Giants are doing. Rhett is going to be used as the FB on our team. The Giants got rid of Will Johnson and to me Rhett fills his role completely.

I think the Giants are in love with Njoku. He has off the chart intangibles and he is very young. His arms are 35 1/4 inches long, his hands are 10 inches, he has size and can jump close to 38 inches. That arm length is the size they look for in LTs! His hand size is what the Giants look for in receivers. He has such a high ceiling that I think the Giants draft him. He has to work on his catching, he has to work on his blocking, but there's no reason why he can't learn those. You can't teach height, hand size, arm length, speed, and jumping ability. The Giants need another offensive weapon and I think he fits the bill.

They will use Rhett in the traditional FB slot and Njoku as the starting TE. This cancellation of his meeting is a smokescreen to me. I think they are so in love with him as a player that they don't even need the meeting. It is just showing their cards too much. There I said it. I was going to keep my mouth closed but Njoku is the pick at 23 if he's there.
        you think the Giants are in love with Njoku because you are? that's pretty much what i got from that lol.

i think he's a possibility at 23, depending how the board falls, but there's no way to know he's no doubt the pick or that they even love him as a prospect

Comment

Eh who knows what that means

But I'm not a huge Njoku fan anyway
          If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
            you think the Giants are in love with Njoku because you are? that's pretty much what i got from that lol.

i think he's a possibility at 23, depending how the board falls, but there's no way to know he's no doubt the pick or that they even love him as a prospect
            No, the Giants really like Njoku. Scouts have been talking and the word has been out that the Giants like Njoku and they are also high on Gerald Everett too http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-february-3rd

Njoku is local talent, the Giants like to draft people around the area. They've done this throughout their history too. They don't need this meeting with Njoku, they already know that he's round 1 talent that they are willing to draft depending on how the draft plays out. Njoku has the chance to be a dominate TE in the NFL for so many years. He is one of the youngest people to enter the NFL draft. His mentor is Jeremy Shockey. He talks about it all the time how Shockey is a good friend and he stays in contact with him. Njoku has stated that he grew up as a Giants fan and he'd like to be a Giant. Everything points to this being the perfect story. Sometimes a special story brings everything together like it was meant to be. NY is the place of media. The articles will write themselves.

The Giants haven't had a dominate TE since Shockey. This is the year they get that high end TE. The offensive linemen that they are interested in are going to be gone by the time they pick. I honestly think that in almost every scenario Njoku is available at pick 23. I really can't imagine teams picking two TEs, two RBs, and two WRs in the first 23 picks, but I really believe that two WRs and two RBs go in the top 23. There's got to be a QB selected within that time frame too. There's too many QB needy teams. Someone is going to bite. So if two RBs are selected within the first 23 picks. That means either McCaffrey or Cook is available. My gut tells me the Giants would be interested in McCaffrey. I'm not too sure about Cook. I'm not sure how good he could be at special teams. McCaffrey can certainly be a special teams player too which helps his usage tremendously. Eli certainly needs good blocking around him but he needs some weapons too. He's been dying for some tall receivers. Brandon Marshall was a great pickup but Njoku would make our receiving core ridiculous. O.J. Howard has to be very high on their board too but the probability he's available at pick 23 is quite slim. If he was available I think they grab him instantly. If they are willing to grab Howard at 23 that means TE is of value in the first round. On most scouting websites with big boards, Njoku is listed as a top 23 pick. He hasn't had any problems with the law, he's clean as can be.
            Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-17-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

No, the Giants really like Njoku. Scouts have been talking and the word has been out that the Giants like Njoku and they are also high on Gerald Everett too http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-february-3rd

Njoku is local talent, the Giants like to draft people around the area. They've done this throughout their history too. They don't need this meeting with Njoku, they already know that he's round 1 talent that they are willing to draft depending on how the draft plays out. Njoku has the chance to be a dominate TE in the NFL for so many years. He is one of the youngest people to enter the NFL draft. His mentor is Jeremy Shockey. He talks about it all the time how Shockey is a good friend and he stays in contact with him. Njoku has stated that he grew up as a Giants fan and he'd like to be a Giant. Everything points to this being the perfect story. Sometimes a special story brings everything together like it was meant to be. NY is the place of media. The articles will write themselves.

The Giants haven't had a dominate TE since Shockey. This is the year they get that high end TE. The offensive linemen that they are interested in are going to be gone by the time they pick. I honestly think that in almost every scenario Njoku is available at pick 23. I really can't imagine teams picking two TEs, two RBs, and two WRs in the first 23 picks, but I really believe that two WRs and two RBs go in the top 23. There's got to be a QB selected within that time frame too. There's too many QB needy teams. Someone is going to bite. So if two RBs are selected within the first 23 picks. That means either McCaffrey or Cook is available. My gut tells me the Giants would be interested in McCaffrey. I'm not too sure about Cook. I'm not sure how good he could be at special teams. McCaffrey can certainly be a special teams player too which helps his usage tremendously. Eli certainly needs good blocking around him but he needs some weapons too. He's been dying for some tall receivers. Brandon Marshall was a great pickup but Njoku would make our receiving core ridiculous. O.J. Howard has to be very high on their board too but the probability he's available at pick 23 is quite slim. If he was available I think they grab him instantly. If they are willing to grab Howard at 23 that means TE is of value in the first round. On most scouting websites with big boards, Njoku is listed as a top 23 pick. He hasn't had any problems with the law, he's clean as can be.
              Beat writers like Jordan Raanan and James Kratch seem to think the opposite. They don't expect the Giants to take Njoku even if he is there at 23.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                Beat writers like Jordan Raanan and James Kratch seem to think the opposite. They don't expect the Giants to take Njoku even if he is there at 23.
                That's a good thing. Last year those two thought the the Giants were almost certainly targeting Leonard Floyd and Jack Conklin. Remember what happened? The Giants were jumped by two teams to select those two players. The Giants played a bad game of poker. They showed their cards before the betting was over. I can assure you they've learned this year. They are smokescreening with Patrick Mahomes and Zach Cunningham. It's not to say that they don't like them as players but they are playing some games this time around. Covering their tracks a bit and upping the value of other players.

I do that all the time when I'm playing fantasy football. haha. When we do the online drafts I always put a player up for bidding that I'm not very interested in just so everyone else takes him off the board. If I put a QB up for bidding, you don't need two top end QBs on your fantasy team. So if a person takes one of the QBs I don't want, that means he is out of contention for the player(s) I do want. Mind games. :-D. But this draft is different of course. Not everyone needs the same positions. If you can get other teams to take a player at a position (lets say quarterback) earlier than they might have wanted to (panicking that they can't get them at the beginning of the next round), it retains your draft board's high ranked players. Some teams might actually jump in front of you to pickup the player that they perceive that you want also. But if you smokescreen them into that decision, they played directly into your cards. Now that player is taken off the board, and while they might have been an option on your big board, they weren't the highest valued players on it. Your board is now retained.
                Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-17-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Njoku is a freak athletically, but he's played in a TE by committee, and is only a sophomore. He has very limited experience. While I won't be mad if we draft him, I'd much rather one of the top OT, OG, DE, DT or WLB.
                  NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Come on man, you have got to be kidding me. Tony Pauline is a writer. His job is to write stuff that get's people to read that website. The website then gets paid and he gets paid. He says "Earlier this week I noted the New York Giants were high on South Alabama tight end Gerald Everett. During the same conversation I was alerted the team is also very high on David Njoku of Miami." and you take that as the word of John Mara? My guess is this entire thing is made up. Another possibility is that teams "leak" info all the time about the draft and that's what this could have been.

Once again I will point out in 2015 everyone and their mother said we were going to pick Zach Martin because "inside sources" and "un-named scouts" said so. A few weeks before the draft suddenly insiders said we were really high on Aaron Donald. Both were on the board when we pick and wham! ODB is our pick. A guy hardly anyone linked us too. 2014 the world was absolutely sure we would take Tyler Eifert, all the inside sources confirmed we were in love with him. He was right there for us to take...wham! Justin Pugh is our pick.

Point is don't believe all these "inside" sources. They are either made up to get views or they are smoke screens from teams to hide their true intentions.
                    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                      Come on man, you have got to be kidding me. Tony Pauline is a writer. His job is to write stuff that get's people to read that website. The website then gets paid and he gets paid. He says "Earlier this week I noted the New York Giants were high on South Alabama tight end Gerald Everett. During the same conversation I was alerted the team is also very high on David Njoku of Miami." and you take that as the word of John Mara? My guess is this entire thing is made up. Another possibility is that teams "leak" info all the time about the draft and that's what this could have been.

Once again I will point out in 2015 everyone and their mother said we were going to pick Zach Martin because "inside sources" and "un-named scouts" said so. A few weeks before the draft suddenly insiders said we were really high on Aaron Donald. Both were on the board when we pick and wham! ODB is our pick. A guy hardly anyone linked us too. 2014 the world was absolutely sure we would take Tyler Eifert, all the inside sources confirmed we were in love with him. He was right there for us to take...wham! Justin Pugh is our pick.

Point is don't believe all these "inside" sources. They are either made up to get views or they are smoke screens from teams to hide their true intentions.

Right on money ,

The truth is the further down in the draft a team is, the more unpredictable singling out an individual player becomes. These experts and writers do not have anymore insight on who will be there @ 23 then this board does.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                        Right on money ,

The truth is the further down in the draft a team is, the more unpredictable singling out an individual player becomes. These experts and writers do not have anymore insight on who will be there @ 23 then this board does.
                        Probably less insight if we include YA Tittle. I think he might actually be making the pick.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Good. TE in the 1st is a waste in this draft IMO. And to me Njuke is a huge risk.
                          just about any player is a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                            just about any player is a risk.
                            Exactly - that's why a big part of the draft involves weighing and minimizing risk to the greatest extent possible
                            Last edited by TCHOF; 04-18-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

that's one guy saying that 2 months ago when there are guys closer to the team like Jordan Raanan and James Kratch who are saying their sources are saying he wont be the pick.

i understand why he could be the pick and how he would fit in on the team, i'm just saying it's no sure thing and there's not much out there saying the Giants are in love with him.

Comment

Two outcomes for Njoku

A) jimmy graham and gronkowski type impact
                                More like Greg Olsen

OR

B) Eric ebron.

Eric ebron had explosive measurables. Njoku is better but I believe he is overrated in this draft. I hope the Giants don't draft him. Howard is another story Because he can block and is an inline TE. We don't flex our TEs wide much.

Comment

Working...
                                X