Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget about Njoku

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by evojutsu View Post
    Two outcomes for Njoku

    A) jimmy graham and gronkowski type impact
    More like Greg Olsen

    OR

    B) Eric ebron.

    Eric ebron had explosive measurables. Njoku is better but I believe he is overrated in this draft. I hope the Giants don't draft him. Howard is another story Because he can block and is an inline TE. We don't flex our TEs wide much.
    Ebron is absolutely a threat when healthy and was better coming into the draft than Njoku. His availability has been hindered by lagging injuries and he plays in a very hot and cold offense (mostly cold last year). I'd be happy with a healthy Ebron on our team. I wouldn't use Gronk, Graham or Olsen comparisons until Njoku can learn the position better. I am a fan of his upside though and would be cool selecting him in the 1st. He needs work tho
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-18-2017, 11:41 AM.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

    sigpic
    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

    Comment


    • #32
      What about Matt Lacosse?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by evojutsu View Post
        Two outcomes for Njoku

        A) jimmy graham and gronkowski type impact
        More like Greg Olsen

        OR

        B) Eric ebron.

        Eric ebron had explosive measurables. Njoku is better but I believe he is overrated in this draft. I hope the Giants don't draft him. Howard is another story Because he can block and is an inline TE. We don't flex our TEs wide much.
        i mean, if those are the two outcomes...the Giants should absolutely draft Njoku lol Ebron while not a Gronk type of receiver, is still a valuable offensive weapon that the Giants could 100% use.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
          I didn't want to post this until draft day. But every day I'm here on the forums, I've thought of all the scenarios, I've looked at what the Giants seem to be building. Honestly, I think the person that the Giants are drafting with pick 23 is Njoku. I'm so confident in this in fact that this news does nothing to reject my feeling. When the Giants drafted Rhett Ellison it was a massive smokescreen. The more I've thought about it, the more I think I know what the Giants are doing. Rhett is going to be used as the FB on our team. The Giants got rid of Will Johnson and to me Rhett fills his role completely.

          I think the Giants are in love with Njoku. He has off the chart intangibles and he is very young. His arms are 35 1/4 inches long, his hands are 10 inches, he has size and can jump close to 38 inches. That arm length is the size they look for in LTs! His hand size is what the Giants look for in receivers. He has such a high ceiling that I think the Giants draft him. He has to work on his catching, he has to work on his blocking, but there's no reason why he can't learn those. You can't teach height, hand size, arm length, speed, and jumping ability. The Giants need another offensive weapon and I think he fits the bill.

          They will use Rhett in the traditional FB slot and Njoku as the starting TE. This cancellation of his meeting is a smokescreen to me. I think they are so in love with him as a player that they don't even need the meeting. It is just showing their cards too much. There I said it. I was going to keep my mouth closed but Njoku is the pick at 23 if he's there.
          I agree with the majority that we don't need to draft a TE at 23. Got to grab the BPA there. Plenty of TE talent in rounds 2-4

          I saw him this morning on NFLN's Good Morning Football Show. Good well rounded smart kid and I think he will be a good NFL TE. Great if he can learn to block better

          But would rather grab a DT to replace Hankins or an O Lineman or even one the Top RBs if one is there at 23
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            I agree with the majority that we don't need to draft a TE at 23. Got to grab the BPA there. Plenty of TE talent in rounds 2-4

            I saw him this morning on NFLN's Good Morning Football Show. Good well rounded smart kid and I think he will be a good NFL TE. Great if he can learn to block better

            But would rather grab a DT to replace Hankins or an O Lineman or even one the Top RBs if one is there at 23
            DT is certainly a hole on the team but the Giants haven't really valued DT very highly in drafts and this DT class is VERY thin. I don't think there's anyone at pick 23 at DT that would be worth that pick. McDowell/Brantley are the only talent that is ranked highly by scouts but McDowell has so many effort issues and he gave really poor interviews at the combine I'd venture to say that he's not even on Giant's board. Brantley is seen as more of a 2nd round talent. There's 3 RBs that are 1st round graded and the probability that two are selected before the Giants is very probable. I really believe that Dalvin Cook will be available at pick 23 but I don't see the Giants picking him. He has had some past legal issues and he's not a three down back sort of player. He's not going to push the pile at all. Offensive line depth is so thin on this team and the starters are questionable. That's a recipe for a draft pick at pick 23.

            The problem is that this OL class isn't very deep and the top talent will most likely be selected before the Giants pick. That's why I see TE as a probable pick. Njoku is being graded by scouts as a top 15 talent in this year's draft. Some have him around in the mid 20s too. We can't see the Giant's board but a kid with this many intangibles could really make this team better on offense. When I think of last year I remember a team who had issues scoring in the redzone, did not have a good target on short yardage plays, and their play style was quick short routes. A TE is going to be running a lot of short routes. Njoku had the most yards after catch for any TE last year. That's always a beautiful thing! Every extra yard counts.

            Comment


            • #36
              I have no shame in admitting I have a massive football man crush on Njoku and pray to the football gods that this is just a smoke screen.

              How anyone can say a TE with this kind of potential isn't worth a first Rd pick "in this draft", is nuts. He is one of the best TE prospects that I have seen in a very long time. Dynamic pass catcher with the willingness, size and strength to become a good blocker is as good as it gets for a TE.

              This guy has star written all over him. Can we say that about ANY OL in the draft? Nope. This is a weak OL draft and we shouldn't reach in the first round. We have a small window and can't wait for an OL to help us. Get a player that can help our offense immediately.

              Njoku does that is spades. He immediately improves both the run and passing game (on paper).

              Let's keep in mind the Giants have been screwed for the last few years when they let people know they love a prospect. It seems to happen every year that a team trades ahead of us and gets the guy that is reported the giants love.

              I would trade up as far as the 15th pick to get Njoku. He will be worth it and I'm willing to eat plates of crow if I'm wrong.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                I agree with the majority that we don't need to draft a TE at 23. Got to grab the BPA there. Plenty of TE talent in rounds 2-4

                I saw him this morning on NFLN's Good Morning Football Show. Good well rounded smart kid and I think he will be a good NFL TE. Great if he can learn to block better

                But would rather grab a DT to replace Hankins or an O Lineman or even one the Top RBs if one is there at 23
                There are no OL worth the 23rd pick. And a DT at 23 better be an absolute stud nit to mention we need offense. Who exactly are you suggesting? You say there are other TE we can get later? Not one is in the ball park of Njokus potential and yet there are a lot of both RB, DT and OL that are ranked as 2-4th round grades.

                There are no top lvl prospects (HB, DT, OL) predicted to go near 23 that is even close to Njokus potential. I'm not sure if you watched his tape but it's obvious this kid is a much better talent then anyone at the positions you listed rumored to be around at 23.

                He would fill both a BPA and need at the same time. Not one other player rumored does the same

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                  I have no shame in admitting I have a massive football man crush on Njoku and pray to the football gods that this is just a smoke screen.

                  How anyone can say a TE with this kind of potential isn't worth a first Rd pick "in this draft", is nuts. He is one of the best TE prospects that I have seen in a very long time. Dynamic pass catcher with the willingness, size and strength to become a good blocker is as good as it gets for a TE.

                  This guy has star written all over him. Can we say that about ANY OL in the draft? Nope. This is a weak OL draft and we shouldn't reach in the first round. We have a small window and can't wait for an OL to help us. Get a player that can help our offense immediately.

                  Njoku does that is spades. He immediately improves both the run and passing game (on paper).

                  Let's keep in mind the Giants have been screwed for the last few years when they let people know they love a prospect. It seems to happen every year that a team trades ahead of us and gets the guy that is reported the giants love.

                  I would trade up as far as the 15th pick to get Njoku. He will be worth it and I'm willing to eat plates of crow if I'm wrong.
                  I agree with this. The only OL I would take over Njoku is Lamp, but I think he will be gone by the time our pick comes.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Not saying Njoku wouldn't be the right choice, but I disagree with people saying no Olinemen are worth the 23rd pick. Arguably Bolles, Ramczyk, Lamp or even Robinson may be worth it. The fact that our OL is our weakest link and it's not a deep OL draft means the top guys are worth taking slightly earlier than normal. I also really like Cook or McCaffery in the 1st as well. Or one of the top LBs

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                      I have no shame in admitting I have a massive football man crush on Njoku and pray to the football gods that this is just a smoke screen.

                      How anyone can say a TE with this kind of potential isn't worth a first Rd pick "in this draft", is nuts. He is one of the best TE prospects that I have seen in a very long time. Dynamic pass catcher with the willingness, size and strength to become a good blocker is as good as it gets for a TE.

                      This guy has star written all over him. Can we say that about ANY OL in the draft? Nope. This is a weak OL draft and we shouldn't reach in the first round. We have a small window and can't wait for an OL to help us. Get a player that can help our offense immediately.

                      Njoku does that is spades. He immediately improves both the run and passing game (on paper).

                      Let's keep in mind the Giants have been screwed for the last few years when they let people know they love a prospect. It seems to happen every year that a team trades ahead of us and gets the guy that is reported the giants love.

                      I would trade up as far as the 15th pick to get Njoku. He will be worth it and I'm willing to eat plates of crow if I'm wrong.
                      Well, he is not even the best TE in this class, so not sure how he can be the best TE prospect that you have seen in a very long time.

                      How does he immediately improve the run game?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by GoodbyeWilson View Post
                        Not saying Njoku wouldn't be the right choice, but I disagree with people saying no Olinemen are worth the 23rd pick. Arguably Bolles, Ramczyk, Lamp or even Robinson may be worth it. The fact that our OL is our weakest link and it's not a deep OL draft means the top guys are worth taking slightly earlier than normal. I also really like Cook or McCaffery in the 1st as well. Or one of the top LBs
                        I just can't see Robinson on our line. We have DJ Fluker and Flowers already starting. He mind as well be another slow moving, big bodied, guy on our line. Ramczyk is interesting because he was considered the top OL prospect before the combine. Then he had hip surgery and there are questions about how much he likes football. So many red flags but the talent is there. To me he is a risky pick. I'm conflicted with him. Bolles has those sweet moving feet, he meets the eye test. He can reach the second level with ease in run blocking because of his athleticism.

                        I was starting the Bolles hype train here on the Giants forums but it looks like scouts are falling in love with him too. I've seen many big boards having him rated as the top OL prospect now and a top 15 talent in the draft. His stock has risen tremendously. I honestly think that Robinson is drafted before pick 23, Bolles, and Lamp. Of those 3 I have a feeling Bolles or Lamp have a better chance of making it to pick 23 than Robinson. Some team is going to draft Robinson within the teens because of his size. A team that values the run game is going to want him on their line. The question is if the Giants have no issue with Ramczyk's hip surgery and he proves he has a love for the game in his interviews.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                          I have no shame in admitting I have a massive football man crush on Njoku and pray to the football gods that this is just a smoke screen.

                          How anyone can say a TE with this kind of potential isn't worth a first Rd pick "in this draft", is nuts. He is one of the best TE prospects that I have seen in a very long time. Dynamic pass catcher with the willingness, size and strength to become a good blocker is as good as it gets for a TE.

                          This guy has star written all over him. Can we say that about ANY OL in the draft? Nope. This is a weak OL draft and we shouldn't reach in the first round. We have a small window and can't wait for an OL to help us. Get a player that can help our offense immediately.

                          Njoku does that is spades. He immediately improves both the run and passing game (on paper).

                          Let's keep in mind the Giants have been screwed for the last few years when they let people know they love a prospect. It seems to happen every year that a team trades ahead of us and gets the guy that is reported the giants love.

                          I would trade up as far as the 15th pick to get Njoku. He will be worth it and I'm willing to eat plates of crow if I'm wrong.
                          YES!!!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            with OT Garcia in the 2nd round..

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                              I just can't see Robinson on our line. We have DJ Fluker and Flowers already starting. He mind as well be another slow moving, big bodied, guy on our line. Ramczyk is interesting because he was considered the top OL prospect before the combine. Then he had hip surgery and there are questions about how much he likes football. So many red flags but the talent is there. To me he is a risky pick. I'm conflicted with him. Bolles has those sweet moving feet, he meets the eye test. He can reach the second level with ease in run blocking because of his athleticism.

                              I was starting the Bolles hype train here on the Giants forums but it looks like scouts are falling in love with him too. I've seen many big boards having him rated as the top OL prospect now and a top 15 talent in the draft. His stock has risen tremendously. I honestly think that Robinson is drafted before pick 23, Bolles, and Lamp. Of those 3 I have a feeling Bolles or Lamp have a better chance of making it to pick 23 than Robinson. Some team is going to draft Robinson within the teens because of his size. A team that values the run game is going to want him on their line. The question is if the Giants have no issue with Ramczyk's hip surgery and he proves he has a love for the game in his interviews.
                              Have you watched Cam play against Myles Garrett?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                                The problem is that this OL class isn't very deep and the top talent will most likely be selected before the Giants pick
                                The class is pretty deep, I'd take Dawkins, Dorian Johnson, Feeney or Bolles in the 2nd or Asiata, Garcia, Pocic, or Elfein in the 3rd and expect them to start immediately. Just because there aren't any clear cut top 10 lt prospects doesn't mean it's a weak draft class for OL
                                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X